Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I drop calls every time I come into streetaboro. Why would that happen? It just started to happen after LTE was deployed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does that happen when you go into any other lte area?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I drop calls every time I come into streetaboro. Why would that happen? It just started to happen after LTE was deployed.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem when adjacent sites were NV upgraded and my home tower was not. Once my local tower received the NV build-out, the hand off problems and dropped calls went away. All I can say is try to be patient with the NV rollout. This region has really picked up steam, but there's still a lot to be done in urban areas. It's pretty exciting to see the recent progress made on the sponsor maps. :)

I drop calls every time I come into streetaboro. Why would that happen? It just started to happen after LTE was deployed.

I'm assuming that you're driving from Kent North to Streetsboro. Check out the completed towers map, you're driving from legacy towers in Kent (Motorola) to NV accepted (Samsung) equipment / towers in Streetsboro. It is a well known, well documented issue that Motorola to Samsung equipment (and the inverse) will result in a hard drop because the equipment is not compatible with one another. Trying to avoid the inevitable dropped call issue as much as possible is the reason why we have to wait for clusters of towers to be turned on in our market as opposed to flipping each tower on whenever it's ready.
  • Like 1

I'm assuming that you're driving from Kent North to Streetsboro. Check out the completed towers map, you're driving from legacy towers in Kent (Motorola) to NV accepted (Samsung) equipment / towers in Streetsboro. It is a well known, well documented issue that Motorola to Samsung equipment (and the inverse) will result in a hard drop because the equipment is not compatible with one another. Trying to avoid the inevitable dropped call issue as much as possible is the reason why we have to wait for clusters of towers to be turned on in our market as opposed to flipping each tower on whenever it's ready.

Thank you that is definitely the problem. I always drop calls if I leave streetsboro. That all makes sense! Appreciate it

• Like 1

There's some activity in the western suburbs. A huge cluster went online yesterday it seems. All of the base station IDs changed and eHRPD is active across the cluster. 3G speeds are finally consistent. HD voice works flawlessly. I've made several HD Voice calls already. They sound spectacular.

• Like 3

There's some activity in the western suburbs. A huge cluster went online yesterday it seems. All of the base station IDs changed and eHRPD is active across the cluster. 3G speeds are finally consistent. HD voice works flawlessly. I've made several HD Voice calls already. They sound spectacular.

ahh.. you beat me to it..  I noticed that when I got into my car this morning.. no more EV-DO, all eHRPD.. (at least on the Center Ridge and Lorain towers in N Ridgeville) until I connected to the first North Olmsted tower on 480.. then it dropped back to EV-DO until it connected to LTE just past the airport.  How do you know if you are making an HD call?

Which phone do you have

• Like 1

ahh.. you beat me to it..  I noticed that when I got into my car this morning.. no more EV-DO, all eHRPD.. (at least on the Center Ridge and Lorain towers in N Ridgeville) until I connected to the first North Olmsted tower on 480.. then it dropped back to EV-DO until it connected to LTE just past the airport.  How do you know if you are making an HD call?

Which phone do you have

I have the Nexus 5. I know I'm making an HD call because it doesn't sound like Ireland was tasked with making my cellular connection with a potato. All of the Network Vision BIDs start with 41 so for example, I'm connected to BID 41443 right now.

The NID is 214 I think it used to be 29...

Thank you that is definitely the problem. I always drop calls if I leave streetsboro. That all makes sense! Appreciate it

Once Streetsboro goes live you'll be golden. And I'm sticking with my prediction that March is going to be a huge month for us up here in NEO - LTE just went live on the tower that covers my house...although I'm on wifi at home it's still exciting!
  • Like 2

I was just told (in the Sprint forum on their website) the following for my service issues near the corner of Stearns and Lorain in North Olmsted...

Thanks for reaching out to us and we apologize for the delay in responding to you. I researched the area that you provided and found that you are at the edge of coverage for our tower that is located near CENTER RIDGE ROAD. We do however have plans in place to conduct tower replacements and perform upgrades there that will hopefully resolve this issue for you. Work is scheduled to start within the next 90 days on most towers and 180 for others.

Morris L.

I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  Sigh.... :blink:

CALGON...TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Just thought you guys should know that Sprint did a stealth launch on Friday of a number of cities in your market.  You can start by looking at our links: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/page-205&do=findComment&comment=286479

• Like 1

Well went from steady 3G at okay speeds and good bars to dropping calls the last few weeks. Now today not getting any steady data. It's connecting to eHRPD. But giving no steady data and saying "unable to establish a wireless data connection" .

This is in Elyria. Any ideas guys?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well went from steady 3G at okay speeds and good bars to dropping calls the last few weeks. Now today not getting any steady data. It's connecting to eHRPD. But giving no steady data and saying "unable to establish a wireless data connection" .This is in Elyria. Any ideas guys?Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My local tower was doing this too around the time they were doing the NV upgrade. The intermittent data issues continued for about another week until they lit up LTE.

• Like 1

Mine has been doing some weird stuff around cuyahoga falls and stow. Sometimes no data unless I toggle airplane a few time and some times just Ev-do where previously I have been on ehrpd or whatever

Mine has been doing some weird stuff around cuyahoga falls and stow. Sometimes no data unless I toggle airplane a few time and some times just Ev-do where previously I have been on ehrpd or whatever

I hope that is good news. We are due for some work here.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I noticed after calls yesterday that my old dino/dodo phone was taking ages to reconnect to data (3G). Might just be the phone itself or might be a sign work and related interruptions of service were going on. ETA: sigh...above post explains it wasn't a sign of anything positive, most likely.

Edited by dergasmann

I was in Avon yesterday around 11am and here's a speed test around the Avon Cleveland Clinic. Speed has gotten better!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Also I was in the Sandusky area this past weekend at Cedar Point and got around 16mbps at the park with 4g now there! Very exciting!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a lot better than I saw when I went to Avon the day after they upgraded everything.

Went live yesterday, Independence and Broadview Heights.  This speed test done at I-77 Exit for Wallings.  I'm picking it up too from my house at 9Mbps, reliably everywhere but basement.  Interestingly connects to both Airave for Voice and then a separate tower for LTE, I read about this but cool to see.  

While speeds are great I'm actually curious if anyone knows if bandwidth will improve in the near future.  THe speeds are reasonable but we gotta admit sometimes Verizon can really give customers bragging rights when they hit 60Mbps albeit rare.  Just feels like Sprint is limiting itself, but then again maybe I just need Spark.

post-22271-0-15774100-1393414846_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Went live yesterday, Independence and Broadview Heights. This speed test done at I-77 Exit for Wallings. I'm picking it up too from my house at 9Mbps, reliably everywhere but basement. Interestingly connects to both Airave for Voice and then a separate tower for LTE, I read about this but cool to see.

While speeds are great I'm actually curious if anyone knows if bandwidth will improve in the near future. THe speeds are reasonable but we gotta admit sometimes Verizon can really give customers bragging rights when they hit 60Mbps albeit rare. Just feels like Sprint is limiting itself, but then again maybe I just need Spark.

Band 41 while still in testing is really fast in spots downtown.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393457628609.jpg

Idk if I posted this yet. But picked this up in Amherst last week. Versus the slower one in the same spot earlier.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393457684869.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That's what happens when more people start using a tower. It'll get faster when more LTE sites go live. People will be put onto closer towers.

So I think I just picked LTE up off of the Race Rd North Ridgeville Tower...