Sprint/Clearwire Acquisition Discussion (Formerly: Dish offer to acquire Clearwire for $4.40 per share in cash.)

bucdenny

Barring some sort of Dish Lawsuit, this appears to be the end of the line now. With Mount Kellett on board with the others and also agreeing to sell their shares privately to Sprint no matter what happens, this pretty much cements the marriage of Sprint and Clearwire.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 9

My congrats go out to all you Clearwire stock holders...I'm very happy (and envious) for you; you held on thru some really dark times..enjoy your reward and buy all the rest of us cowards (who should  have bought shares) a drink or two!  This is a great day for Sprint and the beginning of the end of the evil duopoly

• Like 5

It is over.

9% plus 64 % almost guarantees Sprint wins. If Sprint's deal fails they would have over 75% votes to push a new deal.

And with the expedited shareholder meeting and all the other changes, even if this transaction fails, it would be over quickly.

Dish is going to make some good money on this actually.  They bought a bunch of Clearwire stock and Sprint is going to have to pay off the debt.

That's what caused the share price to increase though. I guess we'll see. If Sprint takes 100% ownership of the company in terms of shares, wouldn't it be delisted?

Holy cow, Robert is rich now! The S4GRU folk said "Move away from there." Said "Californi is the place you oughta be."

AJ

• Like 2

Holy cow, Robert is rich now! The S4GRU folk said "Move away from there." Said "Californi is the place you oughta be."

AJ

$10k is not rich. But every little bit toward retirement is appreciated.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Wow!!! This news about Sprint and Clearwire on my birthday today!!!  Thank you Sprint for making my birthday wish come true.  I wish Clearwire didn't postpone the vote from June 24th to July 8th but I understand they need to give shareholders time to think about it even though there is a very good chance this merger will go through.

• Like 2

AJ

$10k is not rich. But every little bit toward retirement is appreciated.

Dang tiny keyboard on this Nexus. It's more than that. That's a typo. But either way, @ $1.61 per share purchase I did well.

Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't surprise me to see Charlie try something outlandish. 

I wish he'd just go play with T-Mo and leave Sprint/Clearwire alone. See how quickly the Clearwire special board endorsed Sprint's new offer? Why keep messing with two entities that obviously want no part of him? The funny part is that Deutsche Telekom would be a willing seller. 

Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't surprise me to see Charlie try something outlandish. 

I wish he'd just go play with T-Mo and leave Sprint/Clearwire alone. See how quickly the Clearwire special board endorsed Sprint's new offer? Why keep messing with two entities that obviously want no part of him? The funny part is that Deutsche Telekom would be a willing seller. 

If someone has already posted the new Clearwire vote date I missed it.

The Company plans to reconvene the Special Meeting of Stockholders on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM Pacific"

I guess Charlie has till then.

I believe it is around 72.25( 50.2 from Sprint + 45% of 49 from minority), but that is only currently. If Dish kills Sprint's bid, then Sprint will get 115 million and be able to buy shares off the open market since the standstill agreement will be waved plus the dilution from the convertible bonds. Also Mount Kellett Group has pledged their shares to sprint no matter the outcome of the vote. 

I would not be surprised if they have over 75%, if the current deal fails. It is almost just a formality at this point. 

Where did you get 73% from

51% from Sprint, 13% from the strategic investors and 9% from the hedge funds.
I think I read somewhere this afternoon that Clearwire executives pledged their stock to Sprint also. I don't know what percentage that is.

Also, there are also a lot of us minority shareholders not being counted as being with Sprint and they just don't know how we'll vote on July 8th. But there have to be enough of us to push it over the edge now.

I wouldn't even be surprised if a few more large minority shareholders jumped ship now over to Sprint. To go with Dish is no guarantee of getting the deal because of litigation. Sprint is a sure deal, and is a much more reasonable price than previous offers.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta