Sprint/Clearwire Acquisition Discussion (Formerly: Dish offer to acquire Clearwire for $4.40 per share in cash.)

bucdenny

Definitely!!! Although unfortunately, thanks to Dish's meddling, Clearwire ended up costing Sprint twice as much as they were originally gonna pay for them.

Yea makes you wonder if someone was behind the scene of Dish trying to make Sprint overpay (*cough*Verizon*cough*).

• Like 1

Yea makes you wonder if someone was behind the scene of Dish trying to make Sprint overpay (*cough*Verizon*cough*).

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. The people on this site are definitely not the only ones that see how good Sprint is gonna be after NV, so I'm sure there are forces afoot trying to slow them down and/or hinder their plans.

But the damage was already done

Agree. If the judge refuses to dismiss, Sprint will have to decide if the time, legal fees, and blood is worth the funds they may excise from Dish.  

It sounds like a done deal for Sprint. :tu:  Can Clearwire move up the meeting date?

Believe me you are preaching to the choir.  I mentioned that in a previous post earlier today. I was hoping they can bump up the meeting date to Tuesday, July 2nd.  It still would give all the appropriate parties a week notice which I think is sufficient.

Believe me you are preaching to the choir. I mentioned that in a previous post earlier today. I was hoping they can bump up the meeting date to Tuesday, July 2nd. It still would give all the appropriate parties a week notice which I think is sufficient.

I'm sure sprint/softbank will get with clearwire to push up the shareholder vote. Sooner they do the sooner we can get FCC approval.

And I think Sprint was asking for damages from both Clear and Dish. Getting money out of Clear would be pointless but Char Char should have to pay something I would hope.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-06-27/fcc-chief-asks-agency-to-approve-softbank-bid-for-sprint-1

Looks like sprint/SoftBank/clear is a done deal. And I read another article that quotes source familiar with the matter there will be no spectrum divestiture.

It's not over till Char Char vents his anger on helpless underlings.

• Like 2

Break out the Kool and the Gang.

Excuse me while I troll Joan Lappin. :lol:

Lol! She got seriously pwned in the comments section of her latest piece of trash.  :rofl:

• Like 2

Lol! She got seriously pwned in the comments section of her latest piece of trash.  :rofl:

She is definitely a piece...wow.  

Is it this article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joanlappin/2013/06/26/distorted-reporting-about-clearwire-misses-why-it-is-still-selling-above-the-5-sprint-bid/

Wanna link me to an article? I tried googling but can't find anything for some strange reason

I know better than to read her trash writing, but I read it anyway. And now I cannot unread it. Her writing is the most slanted stuff out there. Facts just escape her. Unbelievable.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

She actually takes pity on Ergen. What foul alternate universe is she living in? And her sense of grandeur about her past advice and instincts.... just reeks of cronyism.

Everything for Lappin is personal. If I didnt know any better, id say she and Hesse have a love child that he wont take care of. Its quite obvious that no matter where the Sprint stock goes or what kind of gain opportunity Sprint presents to investors (her actual purpose) shes got a big bag of piss to sprinkle at sprint no matter what

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 2

I know better than to read her trash writing, but I read it anyway.

. . .

The more we read her writing, the more likely that she'll continue writing. It's about getting an audience. The larger the audience, the greater the ad income.

Stop reading her stuff and encourage others to do the same.

I know better than to read her trash writing, but I read it anyway.

. . .

The more we read her writing, the more likely that she'll continue writing. It's about getting an audience. The larger the audience, the greater the ad income.

Stop reading her stuff and encourage others to do the same.

I did pretty well and not read anything of hers for a long time. But I kind of wanted to hear her sound desperate and defeated. Which I should have known better.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I did pretty well and not read anything of hers for a long time. But I kind of wanted to hear her sound desperate and defeated. Which I should have known better.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You will never win an argument with a woman, particularly one so full of herself.

• Like 5