LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Correct me if I'm wrong but the best buy site says it has a micro SD slot? I was under the impression that only some foreign g2 had that it is it going to be a sprint exclusive.

It doesn't have a micro SD slot.  Case closed.  Best Buy probably got lazy and copied the specs for the Korean model.  Also it only lists the microSD slot in the Overview section but in the Specifications there is no indication of that.  Trust the LG website below for the Sprint LG G2.  The specifications don't even list a microSD slot.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-g2

I really enjoy the knock on feature, it is very convenient and somewhat necessary because of the button placement on the back.  As most of you know you can wake the phone by double tapping the screen...

So, if this is a "knock on" feature to wake up the phone, does that mean you can knock up your handset?

AJ

So, if this is a "knock on" feature to wake up the phone, does that mean you can knock up your handset?

AJ

That's why I wrap up my device with a Zagg invisibleSHIELD. Accidents happen, always practice safe mobile connections.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered mine yesterday at Best Buy.  He claimed to not have a firm release date nor did they have any in stock.

The Best Buy website still lists the release date as unknown. But, with how grossly inaccurate the info page is regarding the phone, I doubt they are on top of it. The accessories page also doesn't list any cases or anything for it besides the official Quick Window case.

I just bought the Ballistic Maxx case for my G2 today. It should offer enough protection to be able to play a round of kickball with it if I so choose.

The Best Buy website still lists the release date as unknown. But, with how grossly inaccurate the info page is regarding the phone, I doubt they are on top of it. The accessories page also doesn't list any cases or anything for it besides the official Quick Window case.

I just bought the Ballistic Maxx case for my G2 today. It should offer enough protection to be able to play a round of kickball with it if I so choose.

The Ballistic SG case looks pretty nice to me. I'm going back and forth between that and the Otterbox Commuter, which seems less bulky.

Nope $99 and a free $50 gift card if you order online at bestbuy.

I was able to get the $50 gift card when ordering in store from Best Buy Mobile. As a matter of fact, they gave me the physical gift card after I gave a $50 deposit on the pre order. When the phone comes in, I can use it for the $50 remaining balance, or I can use another form of payment for the balance and use the GC at the store for something else, OR, if I were a scammer, I could cancel the order, keep the gift card and reorder from another location and get the phone for free. I don't know if that would work in practice and I'm not going to test it to see if it would, but it makes me think this Best Buy Mobile location may not have been following procedure.

I was able to get the $50 gift card when ordering in store from Best Buy Mobile. As a matter of fact, they gave me the physical gift card after I gave a $50 deposit on the pre order. When the phone comes in, I can use it for the $50 remaining balance, or I can use another form of payment for the balance and use the GC at the store for something else, OR, if I were a scammer, I could cancel the order, keep the gift card and reorder from another location and get the phone for free. I don't know if that would work in practice and I'm not going to test it to see if it would, but it makes me think this Best Buy Mobile location may not have been following procedure.

I am sure that Best Buy will want that gift card back if you cancel the order.  I think this question always comes out in anything that has to do with getting a gift card for a purchase especially around black friday.  Someone always asks if they can buy an item, get the gift card and return the original item and keep the gift card.  I think in 99% of these cases this always fails and they end up having to return the gift card.  I mean for gosh sakes the gift card is listed on the receipt... :P as an item.

• Like 1

I am sure that Best Buy will want that gift card back if you cancel the order.  I think this question always comes out in anything that has to do with getting a gift card for a purchase especially around black friday.  Someone always asks if they can buy an item, get the gift card and return the original item and keep the gift card.  I think in 99% of these cases this always fails and they end up having to return the gift card.  I mean for gosh sakes the gift card is listed on the receipt... :P as an item.

I was going to post this, Best Buy is likely aware of that loophole and already has counter measures against it.  It simply wont work for those wanting to perform unethical acts.

Are you sure they didn't give you a $50 gift card for the $50 you gave them, because that's how pre-orders usually work on phones. And if the $50 gift card promo is online only they wouldn't have an option to give it to you in store. Maybe I will check at work tomorrow to see if the promotion can be done in store.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I was going to post this, Best Buy is likely aware of that loophole and already has counter measures against it. It simply wont work for those wanting to perform unethical acts.

Ya that's why we take your carrier info and dl # etc. It's pretty much like doing an upgrade when pre-ordering a phone in store.

According to there online policy you have to give back the $50 and if you already spent it then they will take it out of the price of the phone. The $50 gift card sadly is a online exclusive. I checked in store and thru a online rep. They both said online only.

• Like 1

Are you sure they didn't give you a $50 gift card for the $50 you gave them, because that's how pre-orders usually work on phones. And if the $50 gift card promo is online only they wouldn't have an option to give it to you in store. Maybe I will check at work tomorrow to see if the promotion can be done in store.

Yes, the GC is on the receipt. It is noted twice, actually. Once as its own line item ($0) and again as a note under the $50 reservation/preorder line item. I wasn't looking at the receipt when I made my post. I do agree, they would probably want the gc back if you cancelled, or call it a wash if you already used it. My main point was that the $50 gc promo was available in-store and that they gave me the gc at the time of pre order.

The Ballistic SG case looks pretty nice to me. I'm going back and forth between that and the Otterbox Commuter, which seems less bulky.

the ballistic case is awesome...and its easy to take off if needs be (but doesnt fall off)

the otter box looks like a huge PITA to remove the phone...

had a Ballistic case for my sg 3 and note 2....would buy 1 for the G2 in heartbeat......just wish they had the belt clip for the G2 or note 2... loved it for my sg3...

Darn... My upgrade is up on November 1st which is prior to the phone delivery date but Best Buy will not let me pretty order yet :-(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i thought it came out the 25th??  

NM just looked, the 8th....hummmm