Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I'm very exited that finally Puerto Rico is getting NV!!! Puerto Rico's population density of 1,100 people per square miles is among the world's highest - only Bangladesh, The Maldives, Barbados, Taiwan, South Korea and the city-states of Hong Kong and Singapore are more crowded. And that my friends is a fact. There are 3.8 million people in this small, beautiful island. I'm really hope that Sprint get it together in puerto Rico, since they are loosing a lot of customers.

• Like 2

I'm very exited that finally Puerto Rico is getting NV!!! Puerto Rico's population density of 1,100 people per square miles is among the world's highest - only Bangladesh, The Maldives, Barbados, Taiwan, South Korea and the city-states of Hong Kong and Singapore are more crowded. And that my friends is a fact. There are 3.8 million people in this small, beautiful island. I'm really hope that Sprint get it together in puerto Rico, since they are loosing a lot of customers.

I hate to burst your bubble but many areas have more than 1,100 people per square mile. New York City for instance has a population density of 27,012.5 people per square mile. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_york_city Also, Phoenix, Arizona has a population density of 3,071.8 people per square mile. So when you talk about losing customers, the networks in NYC, San Diego, Chicago, and LA are actually more crowded than Puerto Rico. This being said, I do think Puerto Rico needs NV too. The US as a whole is not as crowded as Puerto Rico, but some of the larger cities are much more dense.

• Like 2

There must be a crew already set to be down there that time doing other stuff and they figured easier to knock it out while there...

Otherwise it doesn't make much sense at all to do PR over some of the other markets here...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Justin,

I know and I understand what your saying. I was just saying that for a small island, that's a lot of people. Delaware is like 3 or 4 times the size of Puerto Rico and I don't even think that it reach 1 million.

I hate to burst your bubble but many areas have more than 1,100 people per square mile. New York City for instance has a population density of 27,012.5 people per square mile. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_york_city Also, Phoenix, Arizona has a population density of 3,071.8 people per square mile. So when you talk about losing customers, the networks in NYC, San Diego, Chicago, and LA are actually more crowded than Puerto Rico. This being said, I do think Puerto Rico needs NV too. The US as a whole is not as crowded as Puerto Rico, but some of the larger cities are much more dense.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything like that bro. I just really think that Puerto Rico is really a good and important market for Sprint and Puerto Rico. For being a small island, it got more population that a lot of states 3 or 5 times way bigger than Puerto Rico. For example: Oklahoma got 3.7 million, Kansas got 2.8 million. Puertorricans are paying a lot of money to companies like AT&T and Vrizon because they got the money to build towers in the island. All my family and my friends love Sprint. And they would like to switch back, but they haven't because there is not to much coverage in the island. But I bet you that if Sprint reception and data improves, they will have the potential to have at least close to 1 million subscribers.

I also think it is a good idea for Sprint to build out the PR/VI market. It's only ~250 sites. They can bang that out relatively quickly. Get in and get out. Serve a very dense population. Also, Puerto Ricans have been a very good and loyal customer base. I have been talking with quite a few PR customers the past few weeks. And they deserve to have their market done just as much as any other market.

I always find it amazing how people think their markets should be first and other markets aren't as worthy. I actually think that Puerto Rico makes more sense than some other markets. Like West Michigan. However, I won't take away from all the customers in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo either who really want Network Vision. I live in Albuquerque market, and I can make an argument why we should be in the first round too. However, we are in the final round. And I'm OK with that. I congratulate my Puerto Rican brothers on scoring some NV action. Just makes me want to consider a vacation to the Isle of Enchantment.

- Robert

• Like 2

I also think it is a good idea for Sprint to build out the PR/VI market. It's only ~250 sites. They can bang that out relatively quickly. Get in and get out. Serve a very dense population. Also, Puerto Ricans have been a very good and loyal customer base. I have been talking with quite a few PR customers the past few weeks. And they deserve to have their market done just as much as any other market.

I always find it amazing how people think their markets should be first and other markets aren't as worthy. I actually think that Puerto Rico makes more sense than some other markets. Like West Michigan. However, I won't take away from all the customers in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo either who really want Network Vision. I live in Albuquerque market, and I can make an argument why we should be in the first round too. However, we are in the final round. And I'm OK with that. I congratulate my Puerto Rican brothers on scoring some NV action. Just makes me want to consider a vacation to the Isle of Enchantment.

- Robert

Well said Robert! ????lol!!!

If you do and take a vacation, let me know. I will give you the name and places of some beautiful spots out of San Juan. So you get to know my Isla del Encanto!! ????

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything like that bro. I just really think that Puerto Rico is really a good and important market for Sprint and Puerto Rico. For being a small island, it got more population that a lot of states 3 or 5 times way bigger than Puerto Rico. For example: Oklahoma got 3.7 million, Kansas got 2.8 million. Puertorricans are paying a lot of money to companies like AT&T and Vrizon because they got the money to build towers in the island. All my family and my friends love Sprint. And they would like to switch back, but they haven't because there is not to much coverage in the island. But I bet you that if Sprint reception and data improves, they will have the potential to have at least close to 1 million subscribers.

I really agree. I was not trying to be a smart ass either. I just wanted it to be known that there are large markets that are large markets that are losings tons of customers as well. I will say it again that Sprint is currently being saved by unlimited data (albeit slow data). As Robert even points out Puerto Rico definitely makes much more sense than some of the other announced markets. And when peak travel season begins with cruise ships in ports and lots of people on the beaches the network can get really bogged down. When these new mega ships pull into a harbor it is like bringing a whole new market into an existing market! Imagine if 7,000 people just pulled into your market in one day.

- Robert

Sorry if I came across as saying the PR market is not as worthy, because it definitely is, and I'll say it is even more worthy than West Michigan ;). I also wasn't trying to say that my market should be first, I was just trying to show that NV rollout is clearly not being based on population density. I still think Monowi, Nebraska will get NV before Phoenix ;). Kidding kidding!

All I can say is wow. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/13/homeless-people-turned-into-walking-wifi-hotspots-in-charitable-experiment/

I really do not know how I feel about this. Isn't this how Clearwire deployed WiMAX?

Tulsa's coverage would agree with such an assertion. It's all in the ghetto.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

As a Puerto Rican myself, I was taken back by the density info and had to look it up myself knowing that here in NYC Manhattan/Rooselvelt/Long Island are islands with a big density value index. But as i was going through the numerous links, census, wikipedia, etc, it all depends on how you classify the information. Different results whether by island, territory, commonwealth, island nation, by square mile etc, results change at each and every turn. So it's all a matter of perspective and how the data is classified.

As for Puerto Rico, it is surprising that with so many mountain ranges that there is any coverage at all. lol

I say Sprint should just hook up to the Arecibo Observatory and beam out the signal, that should cover the whole island in one swoop. :)

Regardless of PR, Delaware, Michigan, Albuquerque, the one thing that boggles my mind is seeing that big stretch of white patch on the maps showing no towers at all in the Montana, N/S Dakota areas.

TS

Yeah I was surprised by that too, but they have roaming agreements to give some coverage there, and the population of Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota combine to be 3,074,371. Take out Fargo ND and surrounding area, which is covered by Sprint and the number is more like 2.9 million, or the population of the St Louis metro area. That is a lot of fiber to run and a lot of equipment to install for the prospect of maybe a million new customers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I find it funny that the Ca. orange County is posted along side the RDU market which contains my Orange County...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Another irony is Orange County has 401 sites and RDU has 501 sites.