Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I'm just thrilled to see another NC market listed. May not have lte where I live, but will at least have it when I travel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You are being surrounded!!!

Orange county, CA? Wow. Too bad I missed the chat last night. Hopefully I won't miss tomorrow nights. At least the Mouse & Duck Farm will finally get NV.

• Like 2

I'm just thrilled to see another NC market listed. May not have lte where I live, but will at least have it when I travel.

I just want the backhaul upgraded here...that'll satisfy me for awhile at least...eagerly awaiting this bundled T1 addition that's due to be completed by the 20th this month.....not expecting much of anything though...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I just want the backhaul upgraded here...that'll satisfy me for awhile at least...eagerly awaiting this bundled T1 addition that's due to be completed by the 20th this month.....not expecting much of anything though...

I can totally agree with that. I have 14 or 15 sites by me that are supposed to be getting bachaul and added channel upgrades. Just hoping when it happens it helps.

I can totally agree with that. I have 14 or 15 sites by me that are supposed to be getting bachaul and added channel upgrades. Just hoping when it happens it helps.

I'm not expecting anything major here since its only bundled T1 lines being added right now...not getting excites till I see them add microwave/fiber backhaul to my tower here, which is not gonna be till NV comes through unless there is a miracle change and they decide to go ahead and do full backhaul change now that would be done when NV transformation happens anyway...though that's highly doubtful

I'm not expecting anything major here since its only bundled T1 lines being added right now...not getting excites till I see them add microwave/fiber backhaul to my tower here, which is not gonna be till NV comes through unless there is a miracle change and they decide to go ahead and do full backhaul change now that would be done when NV transformation happens anyway...though that's highly doubtful

Some of the reports I have heard from the field (which are just anecdotal at this point) is that even in places where Microwave backhaul gets installed by a subcontractor at a NV site in advance of NV deployment beginning, it is just sitting there waiting for NV contractors to arrive. They apparently are not getting connected to legacy systems.

But before we all get in a tizzy about this, enhanced NV backhaul doesn't appear to be all that much ahead of NV contractors. In some places, they are not ahead at all.

Robert

Some of the reports I have heard from the field (which are just anecdotal at this point) is that even in places where Microwave backhaul gets installed by a subcontractor at a NV site in advance of NV deployment beginning, it is just sitting there waiting for NV contractors to arrive. They apparently are not getting connected to legacy systems.

But before we all get in a tizzy about this, enhanced NV backhaul doesn't appear to be all that much ahead of NV contractors. In some places, they are not ahead at all.

Robert

Ouch....woulda thought that all but fiber lines would of been done by same crew and if fiber theyd make sure fiber was in place to cabinet area before they got to work on tower. Otherwise if they did everything NV wise and hooked up legacy backhaul, then once microwave/fiber is installed they would once again have to revisit the site to connect it inside the cabinet, no?

Wouldn't think the ppl that install the fiber line or microwave setup would be the ones allowed to connect it inside the cabinet...

Ouch....woulda thought that all but fiber lines would of been done by same crew and if fiber theyd make sure fiber was in place to cabinet area before they got to work on tower. Otherwise if they did everything NV wise and hooked up legacy backhaul, then once microwave/fiber is installed they would once again have to revisit the site to connect it inside the cabinet, no?

Wouldn't think the ppl that install the fiber line or microwave setup would be the ones allowed to connect it inside the cabinet...

All these things are multiple visits. We have a tendency to think of things from a single crew showing up and doing everything. When in reality, the NV OEM's are subcontracting out different components to different firms. The companies that install the microwave, are different than the ones who install the cabinets, who are different from the ones who install all the tower hardware/coax, who are different from those who configure, etc., etc.

There are very few people who have the skills to do all this work from beginning to end at a site. Each subcontractor has specialized techs who know their portion of work.

Robert

• Like 1

All these things are multiple visits. We have a tendency to think of things from a single crew showing up and doing everything. When in reality, the NV OEM's are subcontracting out different components to different firms. The companies that install the microwave, are different than the ones who install the cabinets, who are different from the ones who install all the tower hardware/coax, who are different from those who configure, etc., etc.

There are very few people who have the skills to do all this work from beginning to end at a site. Each subcontractor has specialized techs who know their portion of work.

Robert

Agreed but I'd guess the ones in charge of the wiring are always last? To cover if backhaul is not there yet and such? Or would they realistically be called back to do it again when new backhaul is in place?

• Like 1

Agreed but I'd guess the ones in charge of the wiring are always last? To cover if backhaul is not there yet and such? Or would they realistically be called back to do it again when new backhaul is in place?

If backhaul is in place in advance, they will "hook it up" when configuring the new NV gear in the new base cabinets. If not, then they will come back at another visit to connect new backhaul when it is ready. The new backhaul is supposed to be in place at all sites within a cluster when the NV OEM starts work at that cluster. But, in reality, that's not always the case.

Robert

If backhaul is in place in advance, they will "hook it up" when configuring the new NV gear in the new base cabinets. If not, then they will come back at another visit to connect new backhaul when it is ready. The new backhaul is supposed to be in place at all sites within a cluster when the NV OEM starts work at that cluster. But, in reality, that's not always the case.

Robert

Ha slackers in charge of backhaul. Lol

You have details on the kind of microwave they are using?

was going to say those maps for Orlando and Miami look real spotty but guess those areas are state parks and such...kinda sucks for Fort Myers people it looks like as they are soo soo close to some of the sparse towers on that side but no dice...take it they are their own market?

was going to say those maps for Orlando and Miami look real spotty but guess those areas are state parks and such...kinda sucks for Fort Myers people it looks like as they are soo soo close to some of the sparse towers on that side but no dice...take it they are their own market?

Two things...

1. Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Naples area is in the Southwest Florida market.

2. Digiblur uses a 3mi radius on his maps. This is nowhere near the maximum that a tall rural PCS site can broadcast. 6 to 7mi would be more appropriate in these instances, but Digi would be going bonkers if I he tried to create variably sized circles.

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 3

I think I'll go ahead and lose hope of Phoenix getting Sprint's LTE this year and if we do it probably will be as good as Clearwire's 4G that we have right now. I wonder if I can still get out of my contract without penatly over the change in discounts, some people claim they did.

:scratch:

I think I'll go ahead and lose hope of Phoenix getting Sprint's LTE this year and if we do it probably will be as good as Clearwire's 4G that we have right now. I wonder if I can still get out of my contract without penatly over the change in discounts, some people claim they did.

Whether or not you go should be based on your needs. You will hear an update from me on Phoenix in less than 30 days. You can then decide whether that meets your needs or not. But Sprint's LTE will be better in almost every way over Clearwire's current WiMax. Better in coverage, better in consistency between sites, better in speed, better in-building performance. So, for that, you need not worry.

But if Sprint can't meet your needs, or will not within a suitable time frame for you, then you should consider other options.

Robert

• Like 2

I think I'll go ahead and lose hope of Phoenix getting Sprint's LTE this year and if we do it probably will be as good as Clearwire's 4G that we have right now. I wonder if I can still get out of my contract without penatly over the change in discounts' date=' some people claim they did.

:scratch:[/quote']

I too am a Phoenix Sprint customer. Sprint serves my needs and I don't believe I will use my device any differently when LTE comes to town. Yes it will be fun to play with the speeds but in the end.....

Just my 2 cents.

Denny

Sent from my EVO 3D using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I personally cancelled one of my three lines without penalty. I don't remember the contract specifics but it was either 30 or 60 days from the effective date of change per your billing cycle you are allowed to cancel without penalty if the discount change affects you. It's possible the 30/60 day period has passed meaning you lost your chance. That's something you have to look into.

Why isn't "The Panhandle" part of the announced markets for 2nd round? I see the map in the Sprint Market Maps gallery.

Eric...all the markets are in the Gallery now. Digi has created all 97 market maps. I uploaded them yesterday. The Panhandle is not coming soon.

Robert

• Like 1

Eric...all the markets are in the Gallery now. Digi has created all 97 market maps. I uploaded them yesterday. The Panhandle is not coming soon.

Robert

I was just looking through them.. Great addition... Thank you and Digi!

• Like 2

Robert,

Is it poossible to get a map of the country that shows each Network Vision site instead of looking at each map individually? Or do you have this map on the site already and I missed it?

Justin