HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Do you love HTC One but wish the screen was just a little larger? Wish no more! The HTC One max has a 5.9” full HD1080p display, UltraPixel camera, large 3300mAh embedded battery and quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor featuring a 1.7GHz CPU enabling jaw-dropping performance, ultra vivid videos and booming sound. HTC One max is also equipped with the unique features users have come to love such as HTC BlinkFeed™, HTC BoomSound™ and HTC Zoe™. Coming soon, HTC One max will be available for $249.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement or $25.00 per month with Sprint One UpSM (excluding taxes).

Still "coming soon", the other tri-band devices G2, Mega and S4 Mini are Nov 8th

Upgrade price is looking like $249 per the announcement, (checked against the LG G2 is $199 on the announcement and $99 after $100 switch and save discount on sprint website)

$100 cheaper than the note 3 for a tri-band phablet, I can live with that.  Now if they can just announce a date! but its looking like no earlier than Nov 8th as that is their "Sprint Spark" launch

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2013/10/30/first-sprint-tri-band-capable-smartphones-arrive-on-nov-8

Edited by bitslizer
  • Like 2

Still "coming soon", the other tri-band devices G2, Mega and S4 Mini are Nov 8th

Upgrade price is looking like $249 per the announcement, (checked against the LG G2 is $199 on the announcement and $99 after $100 switch and save discount on sprint website)

$100 cheaper than the note 3 for a tri-band phablet, I can live with that.  Now if they can just announce a date! but its looking like no earlier than Nov 8th as that is their "Sprint Spark" launch

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2013/10/30/first-sprint-tri-band-capable-smartphones-arrive-on-nov-8

15th or 22nd would be cool. duke it out with the new gaming systems.

Got my nexus yesterday so my urge to splurge has subsided for now.  I will just wait for successor to the One which I am sure will be out in another 5 months or so.

Got my nexus yesterday so my urge to splurge has subsided for now. I will just wait for successor to the One which I am sure will be out in another 5 months or so.

If HTC is still around...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Love all the HTC and Sprint naysayers. Every outlet you visit that has an article about Sprint, you've got people in droves just complaining and crying about their nazi system. Instead of running to the comments section and pretending to be techy, they could take that fake life and search the GOOG to find sites like this one. Same goes for HTC. Both HTC and Sprint aren't going anywhere for awhile and people need to get over it. Sorry for the rant but I'm really over the 'oh if they're still around' comments. It's getting old. You really think a company is taking a nose dive when they produced probably the best phone of all time? And in many, and I mean many eyes, even better than iPhone. People by the thousands switched from that communist hunk of junk and picked up the One by HTC. If HTC were on the way out, we'd see a lot more ZTE type phones. Or these new Karma phones by ex HTC executives.  

• Like 1

I think they've seen their worst days now and are gearing up for a 2014 turn around. I'd say Q2 2014 is whe that'll happen.

I think the issue is that HTC has already gone on record saying that they're focusing on low and mid range phones. I think they're going for bulk sales with this new approach. Hopefully they bring out a HTC one successor, but if the HTC Max (it's not top of the line and you can argue this but even HTC admitted it)  is an indication then who knows what to think. 

I think the issue is that HTC has already gone on record saying that they're focusing on low and mid range phones. I think they're going for bulk sales with this new approach. Hopefully they bring out a HTC one successor, but if the HTC Max (it's not top of the line and you can argue this but even HTC admitted it)  is an indication then who knows what to think. 

Most oem's focus on low and mid range phones with a couple of flagships per year.

• Like 3

According to Engadget the Sprint version of the HTC One Max is going to be released at Best Buy on 11/15 which is this Friday.  I wonder how much truth there is to this.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/13/best-buy-htc-one-max-sprint/

I was in a Sprint corporate store on Friday, and they were in the middle of putting out all the new devices.. they didn't have a One Max, but they had a display area for it, and the price tag was there. Listed a $249 contract deal that was valid until 11/21. So I would guess that Sprint plans to have them in their stores before that date.

-Mike

I was in a Sprint corporate store on Friday, and they were in the middle of putting out all the new devices.. they didn't have a One Max, but they had a display area for it, and the price tag was there. Listed a $249 contract deal that was valid until 11/21. So I would guess that Sprint plans to have them in their stores before that date.

-Mike

It is not a secret that it will be listed for $249 on 2 year contract but it would be nice to start getting the HTC One Max phone out there this Friday if possible.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/first-sprint-tri-band-capable-smartphones-arrive-on-nov-8.htm

From the press release

"New Supersized Smartphones

Do you love HTC One but wish the screen was just a little larger? Wish no more! The HTC One max has a 5.9” full HD1080p display, UltraPixel camera, large 3300mAh embedded battery and quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor featuring a 1.7GHz CPU enabling jaw-dropping performance, ultra vivid videos and booming sound. HTC One max is also equipped with the unique features users have come to love such as HTC BlinkFeed™, HTC BoomSound™ and HTC Zoe™. Coming soon, HTC One max will be available for $249.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement or $25.00 per month with Sprint One UpSM(excluding taxes)."

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-max-available-sprint-friday

slightly different price quoted

starting this Friday., Nov. 15. It'll run $299 on contract with a two-year deal, or $25 a month with the Sprint One Up program.

We now have confirmation that the HTC One max will receive its Spark software update upon release tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

• Like 3

We now have confirmation that the HTC One max will receive its Spark software update upon release tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

If that is the case my Nexus is feeling a lil left out and I am kinda tempted to be frivolous and go buy a ONE MAX with for a few days! FML 

what's the verdict on it so far? I'm planning on to pick this up during lunch

What are you curious about?  The HTC One Max will have the Sprint Spark update right when you power on your phone which means you will be able to use triband LTE immediately depending on what area you live in.  I plan to visit a Sprint store later and play with it.

Build quality, actual reception quality etc etc

Also I have google voice integrated, (my GV number is my sprint phone#) anyway I can tweak so that all my call come through as VoIP call through GV to maintain SVLTE capability?

Best Buy B&M store (where i have discounts) don't have it in stock.... wtf

wasted my lunch hour running to a best buy mobile and a best buy store

Same here. I went to a sprint store and they didnt one on display as a demo. Asked the staff if they are working on a demo unit to be available later and was told they don't have any in stock. Sucks.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

I played with the HTC One Max at a different Sprint store and when I type in ##DATA#, it doesn't have the LTE menu that allows you to enable the B25, B26 and B41 LTE bands.  I wonder if there is a dialer code on the HTC One Max that allows you to do to change the B41 LTE settings.

I played with the HTC One Max at a different Sprint store and when I type in ##DATA#, it doesn't have the LTE menu that allows you to enable the B25, B26 and B41 LTE bands. I wonder if there is a dialer code on the HTC One Max that allows you to do to change the B41 LTE settings.

How did you like the one max overall? Was it too big? How's the display etc.......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4