Network vision 1.0 and 2.0 ???

NV1.0= complete physical replacement of sprints legacy network. New modular gear will be installed including modular base stations, multi band and remote controlable antennas that support 800/1900 and upgraded backhaul.

NV2.0= activation of SMR 800 service on a wide deployment on both CDmA and LTE. In addition, Clearwire TDd-LTE sites will be utilizing 2500 mhz for hotspot offloading in huge 20mhz carrier aggregated channels. This is beginning with the Nextel iden shutdown on June 30,2013 11:59:00pm

• Like 18

NV1.0= complete physical replacement of sprints legacy network. New modular gear will be installed including modular base stations, multi band and remote controlable antennas that support 800/1900 and upgraded backhaul.

NV2.0= activation of SMR 800 service on a wide deployment on both CDmA and LTE. In addition, Clearwire TDd-LTE sites will be utilizing 2500 mhz for hotspot offloading in huge 20mhz carrier aggregated channels. This is beginning with the Nextel iden shutdown on June 30,2013 11:59:00pm

and I can NOT WAIT !! lol It'll be awesomee

I think we also figured that there will be some small cell deployment as part of NV 2.0 and unlikely, but possible that there will be some new macro sites as well. Then there's the whole build out requirements by 2016 that AJ brought up the other day.

• Like 2

I think we also figured that there will be some small cell deployment as part of NV 2.0 and unlikely, but possible that there will be some new macro sites as well. Then there's the whole build out requirements by 2016 that AJ brought up the other day.

O link 2 post?

When is Network Vision 1.0 planned to be completed? Is it on schedule? I heard the end of 2013. That's a little over 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mid 2014. 1.0 and 2.0 overlap.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

thats great, thanks for the fast informative answer,,, as usual! love this site, on a side note of this in the more densely populated area will the first part of NV lower roaming or will it have to wait for the 800smr to be deployed in the second part.

And 1.0 has LTE in the 1900 band, correct?

Yup.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

thats great, thanks for the fast informative answer,,, as usual! love this site, on a side note of this in the more densely populated area will the first part of NV lower roaming or will it have to wait for the 800smr to be deployed in the second part.

Network Vision upgrades on PCS 1900 will have a slight impact to reduce roaming. Some places more than others. However, the bigger reduction will come from SMR 800 deployment.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Mid 2014. 1.0 and 2.0 overlap.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I also saw online "our entire 3G footprint will be upgraded to Network vision" or some thing in that direct vein of thought. So sitting in my car in my work parking lot I have 3 bars of 3G service, does that statement above mean I will have 3 bars of LTE in the same spot I sit in now? Or does it mean by the end of NV 1.0, I will have at least increased 3G speeds if its not LTE. Just trying to cater my expectations to what there plans are, so I don't assume and get my hopes up.

I also saw online "our entire 3G footprint will be upgraded to Network vision" or some thing in that direct vein of thought. So sitting in my car in my work parking lot I have 3 bars of 3G service, does that statement above mean I will have 3 bars of LTE in the same spot I sit in now? Or does it mean by the end of NV 1.0, I will have at least increased 3G speeds if its not LTE. Just trying to cater my expectations to what there plans are, so I don't assume and get my hopes up.

There is a difference in the reception between LTE and CDMA just because of technological differences. Most phones only show "bars" for 1X voice coverage, EVDO and LTE coverage are not shown. From what I remember you're looking at about a 2dBm dofference 1xRTT > EvDO, and 7 dBm from 1xRTT > LTE. The LTE airlink is more fragile than either 1xRTT or EvDO and as such will fail on the fringe of service more quickly. That difference may be enough to have fewer bars, but even bars aren't standardized across all manufacturers, that's why they are a terrible indicator of true coverage quality. They just give a general idea. For instance, a 0-bar voice signal will still have enough reception for a perfect quality voice call until it drops entirely (go CDMA voice quality, GSM is terrible even with higher reception).

There is a difference in the reception between LTE and CDMA just because of technological differences. Most phones only show "bars" for 1X voice coverage, EVDO and LTE coverage are not shown. From what I remember you're looking at about a 2dBm dofference 1xRTT > EvDO, and 7 dBm from 1xRTT > LTE. The LTE airlink is more fragile than either 1xRTT or EvDO and as such will fail on the fringe of service more quickly. That difference may be enough to have fewer bars, but even bars aren't standardized across all manufacturers, that's why they are a terrible indicator of true coverage quality. They just give a general idea. For instance, a 0-bar voice signal will still have enough reception for a perfect quality voice call until it drops entirely (go CDMA voice quality, GSM is terrible even with higher reception).

The iPhone 5 does show signal strength for LTE.

Essentially, everywhere you get 3G you will have LTE when the upgrade is finished. NV 1.0 uses LTE in the 1900 band, which means that all things being equal the LTE coverage will be slightly less than that of 3G. But only just slightly.

NV 2.0 will add LTE on 800 and 2500, which means greater coverage and more capacity in very dense areas.

• Like 3

Essentially, everywhere you get 3G you will have LTE when the upgrade is finished. NV 1.0 uses LTE in the 1900 band, which means that all things being equal the LTE coverage will be slightly less than that of 3G. But only just slightly.

NV 2.0 will add LTE on 800 and 2500, which means greater coverage and more capacity in very dense areas.

Well that's reassuring coming from you guys. I just didn't want my expectations to exceed sprints plans.

The iPhone 5 does show signal strength for LTE.

I have noticed that my i5! Either will let me talk or drop completely. I rarely ever get the "I can't hear you" from the person on the other end. It seems like it either works clearly or just drops.

I have noticed that my i5! Either will let me talk or drop completely. I rarely ever get the "I can't hear you" from the person on the other end. It seems like it either works clearly or just drops.

Because CDMA will have either great voice quality or you just don't have service :P is that right?

Because CDMA will have either great voice quality or you just don't have service :P is that right?

That's the way it seems! I prefer it that way! The whole choppy move your head this way, hold your phone that way, does not work for me! Hopefully the NV 1.0 will bring me pretty stable LTE and NV 2.0 will give me my in building voice! Fingers crossed!

Patience in Charleston.

That's the way it seems! I prefer it that way! The whole choppy move your head this way, hold your phone that way, does not work for me! Hopefully the NV 1.0 will bring me pretty stable LTE and NV 2.0 will give me my in building voice! Fingers crossed!

Patience in Charleston.

800 CDMA (better coverage) is part of NV 1.0 and is going on right now.

• Like 1

800 CDMA (better coverage) is part of NV 1.0 and is going on right now.

Durr...I'm sorry. Y'all told me that the other day.

So does that mean when NV 1.0 gets over this way, I should see improvements indoors on my dropped calls because of the 800? Because I have great coverage outside. Just the walls and roof of my plant kill calls from time to time.

Durr...I'm sorry. Y'all told me that the other day.

So does that mean when NV 1.0 gets over this way, I should see improvements indoors on my dropped calls because of the 800? Because I have great coverage outside. Just the walls and roof of my plant kill calls from time to time.

To some degree yes. If you have some signal now, it will likely boost it a bit when 800 CDMA is turned on.

No carrier guarantees indoor coverage due to the extreme variance in building materials and such. Some buildings you will never get a signal. Some buildings you can pick up everything.

Yea that's only fair. In some parts of the building it's sprint 2 or3 bars. And full bars outside. But in the heart of the building it's Extended VZW, full service inside. Granted that's probably cause the VZW tower is literally at the property line 500 yards away.