HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

So, my HTC One has gotten really laggy recently.  Until very recently I would only experience lag when in Power Saver mode.  I installed Watchdog Lite and it is indicating various applications are using a high CPU % - things that historically haven't noticeably been burdensome.  I wonder if maybe my CPU isn't "firing on all cylinders."

Anybody experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions?

So, my HTC One has gotten really laggy recently.  Until very recently I would only experience lag when in Power Saver mode.  I installed Watchdog Lite and it is indicating various applications are using a high CPU % - things that historically haven't noticeably been burdensome.  I wonder if maybe my CPU isn't "firing on all cylinders."

No lag so far. One thing I have noticed is when I kill a task, like Messages, it takes about one second for it to refresh.

Other than that, the phone has been performing like day one.

-Luis

Personally, I haven't had any performance issues whatsoever on my one.  I also have a habit of doing a reboot just about every morning just to keep things clear so that may help if you don't already do that.

Personally, I haven't had any performance issues whatsoever on my one.  I also have a habit of doing a reboot just about every morning just to keep things clear so that may help if you don't already do that.

Same here and I recommend this to every user that I support (which is a couple dozen folks  :) )

I reboot once a week or so.  The only issues i encounter though after a reboot is witht he input selection.  it defaults to htc sense everytime.

Don't forget about closing your programs. 

I reboot once a week or so.  The only issues i encounter though after a reboot is witht he input selection.  it defaults to htc sense everytime.

Don't forget about closing your programs. 

Meh, let Android tend to your running (and background) apps, app killers are not needed and proven to do more harm than good (but no need to start a debate) but kill if you want, to each his/her own. 

A quick reboot in the morning will keep things running nice.  :tu:

I have experienced slightly lag when tapping on an article from blinkfeed and the messages after I have closed it. It will say no messages and then all will load, I have all message threads capped at 200.

Meh, let Android tend to your running (and background) apps, app killers are not needed and proven to do more harm than good (but no need to start a debate) but kill if you want, to each his/her own. 

A quick reboot in the morning will keep things running nice.  :tu:

I'm not talking about killers, I know they're useless, but I often times hold the home key down and stop tasks that way.  That seems to clear up a few lag issues in the interum.

I'm not talking about killers, I know they're useless, but I often times hold the home key down and stop tasks that way.  That seems to clear up a few lag issues in the interum.

I know what you mean, I am experiencing it also. Double tapping the home button to bring up the recent apps and swiping them up to "close" them.

I know what you mean, I am experiencing it also. Double tapping the home button to bring up the recent apps and swiping them up to "close" them.

Gotcha, ok, now on the same page. :)

Task Killers = Bad Bad Bad (they force close all processes tied to it and Android will be forced to start it again and decide if it should actually be stopped)

Removing from Recents = Good stuff (it just removes the background process and allows Android to decide if all associated tasks/processes should actually be killed off) \

Gotcha, ok, now on the same page. :)

Task Killers = Bad Bad Bad (they force close all processes tied to it and Android will be forced to start it again and decide if it should actually be stopped)

Removing from Recents = Good stuff (it just removes the background process and allows Android, using the to decide if all associated tasks should actually be killed off) \

Yea, when I worked for sprint we would have a lot of people have issues with their androids and 95% of the time they had Advance Task Killer. Told them it caused more harm than good but they would add it to "save" battery.

4.3 rolling out to Sprint today. Tweeted out by Jason Mackenzie. If you aren't running a custom ROM check your update!

Update zip over at XDA

https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/status/385442295731875840

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Downloading right now!!!

Not as excited as I normally would be, but then again I haven't read anything regarding what the new update brings.

It seems Sprint is keeping it's trend of releasing updates sooner than everyone else. That's good!

-Luis

Downloading right now!!!

Not as excited as I normally would be, but then again I haven't read anything regarding what the new update brings.

It seems Sprint is keeping it's trend of releasing updates sooner than everyone else. That's good!

-Luis

I don't believe there is anything to download BUT I'm excited too.  Time to rebase d3rpONE Rom and do some fun stuff!  :tu:

*Though I could be wrong. 

I don't believe there is anything to download BUT I'm excited too.  Time to rebase d3rpONE Rom and do some fun stuff!  :tu:

I'm downloading the update right now, as we speak. Internet at work is REALLLLLLLY slow, so it'll take a while. But it's going!

-Luis

• Like 1

4.3 rolling out to Sprint today. Tweeted out by Jason Mackenzie. If you aren't running a custom ROM check your update!

Somebody else be the guinea pig.  Check to see that Field Trial and Testing APKs are still accessible.  Otherwise, I am not touching any update, which can easily amount to two steps forwards, two steps back.

AJ

• Like 1

Somebody else be the guinea pig.  Check to see that Field Trial and Testing APKs are still accessible.  Otherwise, I am not touching any update, which can easily amount to two steps forwards, two steps back.

AJ

I volunteer as tribute!

As soon as it downloads that is, which will probably be in about an hour and some. By that time, I'll be a little too late to the party :P

-Luis

I knew sprint would have been the first one out the gate, now just waiting for my dev of choice to get this thing ready to flash.

I'm downloading the update right now, as we speak. Internet at work is REALLLLLLLY slow, so it'll take a while. But it's going!

-Luis

Yeah, no downloading for us custom peeps, just waiting (as themuffinman said) for Viper or OMJ to rip it apart and post up. Hope it's not a garbage firmware package. :)

I REALLLLY hope we can see the PCI with this new base, I don't really want to leave CM which I get that data but I'll be on Sense for quite a bit, will have plenty of testing to do. 

I don't believe there is anything to download BUT I'm excited too. Time to rebase d3rpONE Rom and do some fun stuff! :tu:

Ready to have tweaks back for viperROM.

Held on porting those due to devs having full schedules and not wanting to port for 4.1 then again shortly after for 4.3.

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.