HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I don't have a clue how it passed. But, I'm pretty pissed to say the least. Might trade it in to Best Buy for $210...

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

A lot of the times it takes a minute for the esn to show as bad in sprints system.  I have seen phones with bad esn's be on an account for almost a year before it was flagged for having a bad esn.  Sometimes these things happen but what you can do is get it rooted and sim unlocked which should add to the value on ebay.

A lot of the times it takes a minute for the esn to show as bad in sprints system. I have seen phones with bad esn's be on an account for almost a year before it was flagged for having a bad esn. Sometimes these things happen but what you can do is get it rooted and sim unlocked which should add to the value on ebay.

This is the sprint variant... I'm already rooted and S-off.

Am I missing how to unlock a CDMA device?

This is the sprint variant... I'm already rooted and S-off.

Am I missing how to unlock a CDMA device?

You can sim unlock the device which will allow you to use the phone on other gsm networks(for the most part), that should add quite a bit to the resale value.

Edit:  Please tell me that you already knew that the sprint version of the one has a sim slot and concidered a world phone?

You can sim unlock the device which will allow you to use the phone on other gsm networks(for the most part), that should add quite a bit to the resale value.

Edit: Please tell me that you already knew that the sprint version of the one has a sim slot and concidered a world phone?

I know the developer version came with a SIM slot and unlocked bootloader... I must have missed the Sprint version having a SIM Slot...

I guess I could use some help solving my ignorance. Hahaha.

Point me in the right direction and I'm sure I can figure it out.

I know the developer version came with a SIM slot and unlocked bootloader... I must have missed the Sprint version having a SIM Slot...

I guess I could use some help solving my ignorance. Hahaha.

Point me in the right direction and I'm sure I can figure it out.

LOL!!!! ok.  Yes the sprint version has a sim slot which can be unlocked which is different than bootloader unlocked.  The sim slot is on the upper left side of the device.  You can unlock the device to be used on other networks.  The only two ways to unlock the sim is through sprint but the device will have to be active for at least 90 days on your account.  You can get it unlocked before 90 days but that will need approval and may take a couple of days to go through.  The second option is if you are rooted, this will do the same thing sprint does over the air to unlock the device but you are just doing it manually. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2243724&page=86

This particular thread is long as hell but start with the very last post on that page which tells you what you need to do.  The rest of the discussion gets interesting from there.  Download an app called terminal emulator and even though his post didn't say, make sure that you first grant terminal emulator superuser permissions. 

• Like 1

LOL!!!! ok. Yes the sprint version has a sim slot which can be unlocked which is different than bootloader unlocked. The sim slot is on the upper left side of the device. You can unlock the device to be used on other networks. The only two ways to unlock the sim is through sprint but the device will have to be active for at least 90 days on your account. You can get it unlocked before 90 days but that will need approval and may take a couple of days to go through. The second option is if you are rooted, this will do the same thing sprint does over the air to unlock the device but you are just doing it manually.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2243724&page=86

This particular thread is long as hell but start with the very last post on that page which tells you what you need to do. The rest of the discussion gets interesting from there. Download an app called terminal emulator and even though his post didn't say, make sure that you first grant terminal emulator superuser permissions.

I already have terminal emulator. I use it to adjust my CPU Govenors.

But, you sir probably turned it from me taking a loss on this to MAYBE even making a profit.

:thumbup:

I already have terminal emulator. I use it to adjust my CPU Govenors.

But, you sir probably turned it from me taking a loss on this to MAYBE even making a profit.

:thumbup:

No problem, just keep in mind that the sprint's version of the one doesn't support as many bands as the unlocked version directly from htc so service could be hit or miss depending on carrier and what frequencies are supported.  Also, lte connectivity will only be available on sprints network, you can get edge and 3g in many cases on att/tmobile and of course many carriers overseas.

No problem, just keep in mind that the sprint's version of the one doesn't support as many bands as the unlocked version directly from htc so service could be hit or miss depending on carrier and what frequencies are supported. Also, lte connectivity will only be available on sprints network, you can get edge and 3g in many cases on att/tmobile and of course many carriers overseas.

Yeah, I listed in the description to do your research before bidding, I won't accept a return because the person who bought it didn't.

HTC one is coming to Sprint in Red next week. Also the one is BOGO starting the 16th.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Nice!  I saw a post about it coming in red, but the BOGO is news to me.  Nice.  I wish we were getting that blue that Verizon may be getting.

Edited by Jaggrey

Has anyone noticed any side effects to LTE performance and connectivity with the 1.31 update. Here lately it seems like when I lose LTE connectivity and I'm in a spot I know I should be picking it up, it doesn't. For instance at work I can go deep within the building and lose LTE which is normal, but when I'm at my desk I usually have a good -100 signal but it won't switch back. I've sat here for the last 45min and it hasn't switched to LTE.

I'm starting to twitch a bit and having flash blacks of my EVO LTE.

Has anyone noticed any side effects to LTE performance and connectivity with the 1.31 update. Here lately it seems like when I lose LTE connectivity and I'm in a spot I know I should be picking it up, it doesn't. For instance at work I can go deep within the building and lose LTE which is normal, but when I'm at my desk I usually have a good -100 signal but it won't switch back. I've sat here for the last 45min and it hasn't switched to LTE.

ahh yes...I had to ruu back to get the old radio back

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

ahh yes...I had to ruu back to get the old radio back

I RUU'd back to 1.29 then took all the updates again to see if it will make a difference but if the radio from 1.31 is junk I'm just gunna flash the radio from 1.29.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I RUU'd back to 1.29 then took all the updates again to see if it will make a difference but if the radio from 1.31 is junk I'm just gunna flash the radio from 1.29.

I did the same thing to see if it would make a difference. 

. Did for me

Time to downgrade..... I experienced the no LTE where LTE was definitely at and I was literally 3 blocks from the tower in plain view (was at Buckys on 90th and Fort) and couldn't pick it up for anything.

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What do I need to do to to get to an older version of the radio? I am completely stock with 1.31.651.2. I am having the same problem as leerage. LTE drops off waaaay before it should....even my GNex got better reception than this thing. 

What do I need to do to to get to an older version of the radio? I am completely stock with 1.31.651.2. I am having the same problem as leerage. LTE drops off waaaay before it should....even my GNex got better reception than this thing. 

You would need to be S-OFF in order to downgrade the radio.

Well I unlocked the bootloader using HTCDev site. Will this not work?

It might. I can't remember if HTC removed the ability to flash radios via recovery (while S-ON unlocked) or not.

This thread popped up today. Not for sure if it requires S-OFF or not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2406330

If you are on XDA you might ask the OP if it will work with S-ON unlocked or not.

It might. I can't remember if HTC removed the ability to flash radios via recovery (while S-ON unlocked) or not.

This thread popped up today. Not for sure if it requires S-OFF or not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2406330

If you are on XDA you might ask the OP if it will work with S-ON unlocked or not.

Well how do i get S-Off on this device?