We're already ahead of the game on this, actually Sensorly will tell you that this old news. I'm just going to say before it gets asked, nothing special happens on this day. No magical switch is thrown on supposed sites they are holding back. Deployment continues as planned. The only difference you will see is on the Sprint.com coverage maps and Sprint reps can open tickets with issues on the completed sites. That's it.

• Like 5

Since west palm beach is being launched does that mean Miami is getting it too? I know nothing magical will happen but there's something nice about being "official".

If Miami were being launched, the release would have included Miami.

AJ

• Like 2

There's a pic of a table and on top it says this message is for ........ Miami/west palm........ markets yet the table itself only mentions west palm. Miami and west palm are the same market. Hence my question.

There's a pic of a table and on top it says this message is for ........ Miami/west palm........ markets yet the table itself only mentions west palm. Miami and west palm are the same market. Hence my question.

The statement above the table in the pic refers to internal Sprint markets, not cities. Miami/West Palm is a Sprint market, and it contains many cites. West Palm Beach is being launched. Miami is not.

For reference, we long ago created a Sprint market map:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/nationwide-sprint-market-map-is-here-r31

AJ

• Like 1

We're already ahead of the game on this, actually Sensorly will tell you that this old news. I'm just going to say before it gets asked, nothing special happens on this day. No magical switch is thrown on supposed sites they are holding back. Deployment continues as planned. The only difference you will see is on the Sprint.com coverage maps and Sprint reps can open tickets with issues on the completed sites. That's it.

Actually, this brings up a question. Somewhere on this site it was stated that the panels initially have zero to no downtilt. After an area is complete Sprint dials in the downtilt. So is the downtilt dialed in when a market is considered 100% complete or when the market is announced?

Actually, this brings up a question. Somewhere on this site it was stated that the panels initially have zero to no downtilt. After an area is complete Sprint dials in the downtilt. So is the downtilt dialed in when a market is considered 100% complete or when the market is announced?

Honestly, I think the zero downtilt is a popular myth. If Robert has solid evidence to the contrary, I will be happy to stand corrected. But my empirical experience has been that LTE sites go live with their designed downtilt, even though that often leaves LTE coverage gaps until other surrounding sites also go live.

AJ

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the zero downtilt is a popular myth. If Robert has solid evidence to the contrary, I will be happy to stand corrected. But my empirical experience has been that LTE sites go live with their designed downtilt, even though that often leaves LTE coverage gaps until other surrounding sites also go live.

AJ

This has always been my thought as well since they do not want to adjust things later unless absolutely needed. I do not know for sure as my area is pretty much a zero downtilt area.

Sent from my little Note2

I don't have an LTE phone yet (next week!), but based on looking at the sponsor maps and Sensorly, I am slightly surprised they are considering Port St. Lucie's coverage launch-worthy. Coverage looks to be significant in the central and eastern portions of the city, but less so on the west side.

I don't have an LTE phone yet (next week!), but based on looking at the sponsor maps and Sensorly, I am slightly surprised they are considering Port St. Lucie's coverage launch-worthy. Coverage looks to be significant in the central and eastern portions of the city, but less so on the west side.

Sensorly is user based, so there could be coverage there but until a volunteer goes out and maps it, it will show as no coverage.

Sensorly is user based, so there could be coverage there but until a volunteer goes out and maps it, it will show as no coverage.

True, and the mapping activity has been moderate at best here (there are areas on main roads with no color that obviously must have coverage), but I also considered the sponsor maps. I believe I came up with about 4 towers out of maybe 11 or 12 that would benefit the city. I guess there could be completed towers that haven't made their way onto the maps yet as well, especially considering Robert's vacation.

In the picture of the link, why does it say in bold for <insert cities> markets only, but the actual location in the list below that has nothing to do with the market listed.

For example, I'm in Nashville and in bold it says that announcement is for the Nashville market.

But in Tennessee, only the following cities are affected: Memphis, Greenville, Tullahoma

Those cities are nowhere near Nashville at all.

In the picture of the link, why does it say in bold for <insert cities> markets only, but the actual location in the list below that has nothing to do with the market listed.

For example, I'm in Nashville and in bold it says that announcement is for the Nashville market.

But in Tennessee, only the following cities are affected: Memphis, Greenville, Tullahoma

Those cities are nowhere near Nashville at all.

The statement above the table in the pic refers to internal Sprint markets, not cities. Miami/West Palm is a Sprint market, and it contains many cites. West Palm Beach is being launched. Miami is not.

For reference, we long ago created a Sprint market map:

http://s4gru.com/ind...map-is-here-r31

AJ

So in your case Memphis, Greenvilly, and Tullahoma, which are part of the Nashville market, are being launched. Nashville, also in the Nashville market, is not.

• Like 1

So in your case Memphis, Greenvilly, and Tullahoma, which are part of the Nashville market, are being launched. Nashville, also in the Nashville market, is not.

Touchè sir. Thanks for the clarification. Was crossing my fingers of trying to read between the lines. Was being optimistic. Back to WiMax for now.

Edited by Faluzure

Any idea why the LTE maps in Los Angeles are so spotty? Is it the current state or 100% depicted on the coverage map? Lots of 3G gaps, which is accurate currently. Just wondering.

Current... Not all towers are completed.

• Like 1

The Sprint coverage map has already been updated for the major markets of Los Angeles, Memphis and Charlotte. After looking and comparing the NV complete sites and the Sprint coverage map, I would say that the coverage presented in the Sprint coverage map is pretty accurate. This gives me good confidence that the info Robert gets every week is trustworthy.

• Like 1