The Sprint coverage map has already been updated for the major markets of Los Angeles, Memphis and Charlotte. After looking and comparing the NV complete sites and the Sprint coverage map, I would say that the coverage presented in the Sprint coverage map is pretty accurate. This gives me good confidence that the info Robert gets every week is trustworthy.

You still doubted that it was anything but accurate?

• Like 2

Tmobile starts with NYC and sprint starts in middle of nowhere. Someone has got the priority right.

I would guess you are trying to make an issue out of KC being deployed before NYC. That might just be due to the fact that Sprint HQ is in the KC metro area.

• Like 2

Tmobile starts with NYC and sprint starts in middle of nowhere. Someone has got the priority right.

Sprint has completed some form of NV work on over 11,600 of its over 38,000 towers nationwide, covering a majority of the markets Sprint operates in. If you became a site sponsor you could see how wrong your statement is regarding New York and Sprint in general.

• Like 2

Seriously?

There are a ton of sites lit in NYC, not sure what you're talking about.

No trolling please, not allowed here.

• Like 1

Sprint has completed some form of NV work on over 11,600 of its over 38,000 towers nationwide, covering a majority of the markets Sprint operates in. If you became a site sponsor you could see how wrong your statement is regarding New York and Sprint in general.

The poster is in the northern NJ market, not even in the NYC market. Much of NYC has great LTE and it continues to get better weekly!

• Like 1

Rochelle IL, a town that doesn't even have a business that sells Sprint service before a town 10 miles east with a major state University.....amazing....

Got you beat. I have a site active with LTE that covers absolutely zero houses or businesses. Not one person lives there unless they are aquaman.

Now using those two examples I hope you believe us now that things are done based on if the site is available for work of not and not the population. If they used your method then things would never get done.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 3

The attitude in this thread and elsewhere about Network Vision geographic deployment is like that State Farm insurance commercial in which the husband uses the money saved on the insurance policy to buy luxury items, and the wife calls up the agent and says, "Stop buying my husband frivolous things. Buy *me* frivolous things."

Get over it, folks. Network Vision is coming to the entire Sprint network. But some will have to wait longer than others. Just like the wife in the commercial, you do not dispute the process. Rather, you just put your self interest at the top of the list. And that makes your complaints, well, frivolous.

AJ

• Like 6

The tmo comparisons are just ridiculous. If you lived in an urban area that is being upgraded by tmo to lte, you ALREADY have hspa+.... why would u care? Oh thats right, you wouldnt. Lte is good for spectral efficiency. No real world usage gain for users since its only touching their high speed locales. Pitting tmo and sprint's delpoyment of lte against each other is absolutely worthless. Oranges to canelopes.

And digiblur, dont piss on anyones fallacies. You know good and well that Mr. Hesse has a big black briefcase with a big magic red button and when everything is ready, all the employees at HQ gather round Kim Jong Korean lunatic style to watch him push the magic LTE button and all applaud in joy

• Like 6

And digiblur, dont piss on anyones fallacies. You know good and well that Mr. Hesse has a big black briefcase with a big magic red button and when everything is ready, all the employees at HQ gather round Kim Jong Korean lunatic style to watch him push the magic LTE button and all applaud in joy

So that's how it's done... :lol:

• Like 2

That is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site.

Thank you, thank you for making my Monday morning.

• Like 2

To clarify, the zero downtilt on new LTE sites is a theory based on the automated downtilt RFS boxes and observations from myself and others where at many sites LTE has seen to reach farther than EVDO from the same site. Especially in Ericsson markets where the EVDO stays on legacy for awhile in many instances.

But it always has just been a theory.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

I don't have an LTE phone yet (next week!), but based on looking at the sponsor maps and Sensorly, I am slightly surprised they are considering Port St. Lucie's coverage launch-worthy. Coverage looks to be significant in the central and eastern portions of the city, but less so on the west side.

I was thinking the same thing. I have had the EVO LTE since it came out and I can tell you most of PSL doesn't have 4G even though it may look like a large portion does. Coverage is spotty at best and still fairly slow. Its a lot faster than our current 3G but still seems pretty slow. I would rate the overall service in PSL as horrible still even with on going tower work. I really hope it gets better.

I was thinking the same thing. I have had the EVO LTE since it came out and I can tell you most of PSL doesn't have 4G even though it may look like a large portion does. Coverage is spotty at best and still fairly slow. Its a lot faster than our current 3G but still seems pretty slow. I would rate the overall service in PSL as horrible still even with on going tower work. I really hope it gets better.

That's disappointing. I guess I'll get to experience it for myself in a few days here. Since work is ongoing, though, hopefully we'll see an improvement in the coming months.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2013/04/18/sprint-announces-availability-of-4g-lte-in-los-angeles-and-20-other-new-markets

Hello Los Angeles. And Charlotte. And Memphis.

Sprint 4G LTE now is available in 21 more markets, including Los Angeles, Contra Costa County, Calif., Charlotte, N.C., Norfolk, Va., and Memphis, Tenn.

“Today more Americans are using smartphones and tablets to consume entertainment, GPS and applications than ever before,” said Bob Azzi, senior vice president-Network, Sprint. “In fact, in 2012, Sprint achieved annual smartphone sales of nearly 20 million. All this requires improved network reliability and speed. Sprint’s customers will experience immediate benefits on the 4G LTE network when they stream videos, socialize, play games and interact with thousands of apps using our unlimited data plans.”

Sprint continues to bring a better wireless experience to more customers across the country as it builds out its all-new 3G and 4G LTE network. 4G LTE from Sprint now is available in 88 markets.

Switch to Sprint

Through May 9th, customers switching their number to Sprint from another carrier can save up to $100 on any smartphone with a new two-year service agreement and qualifying plan.

The 21 new Sprint 4G LTE markets:

• Albemarle, N.C.
  • Bloomington, Ind.
  • Charlotte, N.C.
  • Contra Costa County, Calif.
  • Denison, Texas
  • Greeneville, Tenn.
  • Joplin, Mo.
  • Kerrville, Texas
  • Lafayette, Ind.
  • Lincolnton, N.C.
  • Los Angeles
  • Mankato/North Mankato, Minn.
  • Memphis, Tenn.
  • Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News, Va.
  • Palm Bay, Fla.
  • Port St. Lucie, Fla.
  • Rochelle, Ill.
  • Salisbury, N.C.
  • Shelby, N.C.
  • Tullahoma, Tenn.
  • West Palm Beach, Fla.

Many Sprint customers are discovering Sprint 4G LTE in cities that haven’t yet officially been announced, including Washington, D.C., New York and San Francisco.

Sprint has announced more than 170 markets where LTE will be available in the coming months, and is adding the following markets to that list today:

• Fargo, N.D.
  • Orlando, Fla.
  • Portland, Ore.
  • Spokane, Wash.
  • Tallahassee, Fla.
  • Albertville, Ala.
  • Centralia, Wash.
  • Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
  • Durant, Okla.
  • El Paso, Texas
  • Enid, Okla.
  • Enterprise/Ozark, Ala.
  • Eugene/Springfield, Ore.
  • Faribault/Northfield, Minn.
  • Greenville, Miss.
  • Hattiesburg, Miss.
  • Jacksonville, Texas
  • Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, Wash.
  • LaGrange, Ga.
  • Longview, Texas
  • Longview, Wash.
  • Milledgeville, Ga.
  • Moses Lake, Wash.
  • Paducah, Ky.
  • Picayune, Miss.
  • Poplar Bluff, Mo.
  • Russellville, Ark.
  • Seaford, Del.
  • Sterling, Ill.
  • Talladega/Sylacauga, Ala.
  • Tulsa, Okla.
  • Valdosta, Ga.
  • Wenatchee/East Wenatchee, Wash.
  • Yakima, Wash.

More information:

Updates - For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout, visit www.sprint.com/network.

Maps - For detailed 4G LTE maps, visit www.sprint.com/coverage. Customers are encouraged to check back often because the maps will be updated whenever coverage is enhanced.

It's interesting to see the cities that have had 3g acceptance on this list. Looks like they are going back and moving the RRUS up and adding LTE. Should be a cinch with the hard part of the cabinet install put of the way already.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Wow, I'm really surprised that Fargo, ND is getting LTE before Omaha/Lincoln, NE or Des Moines, IA.

Do not assume that a Sprint PR specifically relates to a definite order of LTE going live. There are cities not announced yet that already have some LTE live and some cities announced last September that do not have one site live yet.

The truth is is that Samsung is starting all their remaining markets now and the next 45-60 days. Including Nebraska. I wouldn't read too much into this.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do not assume that a Sprint PR specifically relates to a definite order of LTE going live. There are cities not announced yet that already have some LTE live and some cities announced last September that do not have one site live yet.

The truth is is that Samsung is starting all their remaining markets now and the next 45-60 days. Including Nebraska. I wouldn't read too much into this.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Does Samsung have that much to go?

I can now confirm and agree with most of this. I haven't been disappointed with LTE speeds, but I have only been in LTE areas for a few minutes at a time, given the relatively small coverage spots.

It's hard to believe Sprint would want to consider this a representative example of a launched market.

I can now confirm and agree with most of this. I haven't been disappointed with LTE speeds, but I have only been in LTE areas for a few minutes at a time, given the relatively small coverage spots.

It's hard to believe Sprint would want to consider this a representative example of a launched market.

Yea its spotty at best. The speeds are great when compared to current speeds, but they are still relatively slow compared to other markets. I usually dont see any speeds higher than 7-8 meg. I had one instance of 17 meg but that was it. Im still hoping for the best when they finish the remaining 3-4 towers or possibly activate some more 800 MHz even though that shouldnt affect LTE speeds.

Yea its spotty at best. The speeds are great when compared to current speeds, but they are still relatively slow compared to other markets. I usually dont see any speeds higher than 7-8 meg. I had one instance of 17 meg but that was it. Im still hoping for the best when they finish the remaining 3-4 towers or possibly activate some more 800 MHz even though that shouldnt affect LTE speeds.

Isn't 7-8mb enough though?

Isn't 7-8mb enough though?

For an e-penis, no, that is too small.

;)

AJ

• Like 1