Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be, but I couldn't get either from it. In fact, many of the towers in South Lake Tahoe seemed to have data issues. I'd get strong eHRPD signal but no data at all. Most of my IMs would just get stuck trying to send and only sporadically go through. My brother had the same problem on his GS5. It's as if someone forgot to plug the ethernet cable into the towers.

Nah, I had heard the Tahoe bears were looking for some more fiber in their diets.

• Like 1

I just drove by a large crew working on the tower in the yard of the AT&T facility southeast of US-50 at Bradshaw Road. I don't have any idea of whether or not that is a Sprint tower or not. If interested I can try to snap a photo of it next time I go by.

There were crew working on the tower near watt and arden, not sure if it's sprint or not. I can post a picture if it is.

We can't tell if we don't see the pictures or equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

its right behind Farrell's ice cream palor.

Again. We can't tell if it's being worked on or not without some pictures of the equipment though I have a solid hunch that may be confirmed with pics. 

Again. We can't tell if it's being worked on or not without some pictures of the equipment though I have a solid hunch that may be confirmed with pics. 

I edited my orignal post and added a picture. Not sure if you can tell with my picture. Not the best of quality.

I edited my orignal post and added a picture. Not sure if you can tell with my picture. Not the best of quality.

Yep that's Sprints. I just remembered that one of the sponsors found them working on it a couple days ago and took pics. 

Had LTE this morning on 50 from Mather Field to about Bradshaw.  That's a first for me.  I'm hoping that I'll get some 4G love out in Stone Creek (International and Kilgore) after they fire all the Rancho towers up.

They should be in the next batch of acceptance in the towers that service that area of Rancho. I'm in that general area, too, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

The tower behind Becks, hwy 50 between Sunrise and Hazel still appears to be only enabled for LTE to the West.  Wondering if its common for them to only enable the antennas in specific directions to start, and how long it will take them to light up the eastward ones.  

I'm still getting fair / poor LTE reception from the Fair Oaks tower though, and was able to stream spotify at work today without any difficulty.  :-)   I occasionally notice the phone dropping to 3g, but not bad so far this AM.

Is Sprint building new towers or just upgrading existing towers? I think a good location to build new antennas would be on the Light posts on the Foothill High School football field. Signal around the school is pretty spotty

Is Sprint building new towers or just upgrading existing towers? I think a good location to build new antennas would be on the Light posts on the Foothill High School football field. Signal around the school is pretty spotty

Not part of this market and not actively right now. Site expansions are in the planning and funding stages right now and organic build outs won't be expected en mass till at least mid 2015.

Right now only existing sprint sites are being upgraded but the eventual goal is 55,000 cell sites which is way more than the existing 39,000 sprint and 10,000 clear sites they're going to keep.

Not part of this market and not actively right now. Site expansions are in the planning and funding stages right now and organic build outs won't be expected en mass till at least mid 2015.

Right now only existing sprint sites are being upgraded but the eventual goal is 55,000 cell sites which is way more than the existing 39,000 sprint and 10,000 clear sites they're going to keep.

Are you saying their eventual goal is to add 6 more sites (39k+10k = 49k, 49k+6)?

aren't a lot of the clear sites co-located with sprint? So wouldn't that mean that most of the "10,000" clear sites would be sprint sites as well?

The 10,000 sites that they are keeping are sites that aren't co-located sites where they will be adding sprint equipment.

• Like 1

Pic of the tower at the 57th St Antique Mall. There's been crews working on it off and on over the past few weeks.

Good pic. That's the new Samsung equipment up top colocated with the old Clear wimax equipment as well.

Seems like they also took down the old Nextel iDen stuff too. Neat!

Does this mean that East Sac will finally get 4g?

It means that Sprint and Samsung is inching closer to finally converting every single site in the Sacramento cluster of about 40-50 cell towers/sites. Once all are converted they fire them all up at the same time (cluster launching) for 3G and 4G will go live too on any site with high speed backhaul (high speed internet connection) delivered by contracted companies. If that site has backhaul delivered then LTE will be fired up on that site when they do the final cluster launch of our market.

Can't be more than a few weeks now. 

• Like 3