Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

What do you mean? What samsung cluster? Davis has been cluster launched already. All that's left is upgrading the last 4 towers with new backhaul.

Any idea when the other 4 will? There seems to be a mile radius of LTE so far. A few months ago there was a good deal, but now it's in a little strip of land.

I work near International and Data drives...no hint of 4G yet, and poor coverage both data and calls :(

Yeah, that area in there is pretty sketchy. On the International side, that is right around the outside of the reach for a tower that does broadcast 4G now, though it isn't very regular. It is solid (when it is broadcasting, at least) when you get into the houses there at Stone Creek, though. It's not consistently on 4G, but I get it more often than not around there.

Was driving by the tower at Fair Oaks/Greenback and saw this. I think it's a Sprint setup, but what do I know

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep. Looks like they took down the old legacy antennas. That one is already broadcasting. 

I have helpful equipment identification links in my signature.

See: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung/

Yep. Looks like they took down the old legacy antennas. That one is already broadcasting. 

I have helpful equipment identification links in my signature.

See: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung/

They have been very quick to take down the legacy equipment on sites that are at least NV 3G accepted. More and more sites everyday I pass to and from work that I know are at least NV 3G accepted have had their legacy equipment removed. Crazy...since it took them so long to install NV 1.0 Gear. The de-installs of legacy gear have been going crazy fast. 

It look like the tower on Grreenback/Hazel is firing up LTE. In the Savemart parking lot there was a fast reading, but driving West down Greenback away from the tower the speeds dropped dramatically.

cabb99516fb897dc547e1d5014bff58e.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It look like the tower on Grreenback/Hazel is firing up LTE. In the Savemart parking lot there was a fast reading, but driving West down Greenback away from the tower the speeds dropped dramatically.

Sent using Tapatalk

awesome!

OV mutha f*cka!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by lilotimz

Well the Savemart parking lot anyway, maybe Adalberto's

Sent using Tapatalk

Mmmmm....Adalberto's....

Speaking of which, the one I go to is right on the city limit line between Rancho Cordova and Sacramento and they get signal from the Sacramento towers. No Rancho love for my 'Berto's, but soon!  :)

Well the Savemart parking lot anyway, maybe Adalberto's

Sent using Tapatalk

It's that heavily populated mono pole on the corner of Greenback and Hazel where that Wireless Toyz building is right? It looks heavily populated to me at least, when I drive past it.

Wow, reception in Downtown is terrible.  I work at the Arden area (over by the mall near the freeway) and I'm getting horrible speed (0.01Mbps - not kidding) right now. Anyone know if there is work being done in Arden? What about Midtown/Downtown? Sprint says no.  

Really am glad for all of you who are getting LTE.  Can only hope for the best on my end.

Edited by OctoInk

Wow, reception in Downtown is terrible. I work at the Arden area (over by the mall near the freeway) and I'm getting horrible speed (0.01Mbps - not kidding) right now. Anyone know if there is work being done in Arden? What about Midtown/Downtown? Sprint says no.

Really am glad for all of you who are getting LTE. Can only hope for the best on my end.

Good news in the sponsor areas.

I'll just leave this here...

sy8e2e4e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4glte lit up for me downtown for first time in about a year Around 3pm. I had it before it was turned off due to handoff issue. Probably coming from West Sacramento but it is great. Speed ranging from 2 to 5 mbps

Rsrp is -104

Edited by sgclever3

. New equipment broadcasting on this one near Watt and Hwy 50.

And the signal held until past the Tiber RT station. Nice!

Going through downtown up to Sac State, still had old NID broadcasting, but saw the switch at about College Greens to the Samsung NID. It's starting to switch over. :)

• Like 1