Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I don't recall seeing anything reported about this Rancho Cordova site (unless that's what "the park" site was referring to- but at the time I assumed it meant "Security Park"). I took these screenshots yesterday on the way home from work (sensorly was running in the background as well, I also was running it this morning on the way to work and it was still 4G live):

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-08-04-18-33-56.jpg attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-08-04-18-34-17.jpg

Yep that's the park site were referring to.

Techiegirl found and documented it when they installed the equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is all really encouraging news. I'm toying around with the idea of making the leap into Sprint service but I'm probably going to hold off a bit longer -- maybe a month or so when they'll release Note 4 so that I can choose between that and the Galaxy S5. If the Note 4 will be tri-band, that's very likely what I will get.

Also, rather than continuing to ask questions about each tower, I echo the recommendation to become a sponsor of this site. The folks who maintain the sponsor-only content work very hard at it, and it can be argued the more time they spend answering individual questions from folks that can be answered by looking at the map they maintain, the less time they can afford to maintain the map. There is no better source available for this information.

• Like 1

Well, this is encouraging ... a bit. I live in Midtown Sacramento and work in the Arden area and my data speeds are horrible.  

0.24Mbps d/l, 0.51 Mbps u/l,

However, I did get 400 ms ping...

I'm currently using a Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4

Well, this is encouraging ... a bit. I live in Midtown Sacramento and work in the Arden area and my data speeds are horrible.  

0.24Mbps d/l, 0.51 Mbps u/l,

However, I did get 400 ms ping...

I'm currently using a Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4

Not surprising considering it's all legacy equipment that's running around these parts until the final cluster launch that'll include Arden Arcade and the entirety of City of Sacramento.

• Like 2

Not surprising considering it's all legacy equipment that's running around these parts until the final cluster launch that'll include Arden Arcade and the entirety of City of Sacramento.

Tail-end, huh?  :)

Yep. It's mostly just finishing up Arden / downtown / east city of sacramento now. 

Can't fire anything up till every single last site has been converted. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately. I work in midtown and the service is awful at best. 

I work in midtown too, it is (was, since I canceled service) pretty much unusable. I was often getting around .07 down and .15 up. Sometimes no signal at all even when outside- completely unacceptable.

Edited by jwigley

I work in midtown too, it is (was, since I canceled service) pretty much unusable. I was often getting around .07 down and .15 up. Sometimes no signal at all even when outside- completely unacceptable.

I think we all feel the pain but, I for one, am going to stick around and see what Sprint's data speeds will be when SPARK is up and fully running.

I dont know if its a Sprint tower but there are crews working in West Sac and I've been back & forth between 3G and 1x on my iphone today.

• Like 2

Can't fire anything up till every single last site has been converted

See, Lilotimz?  As far as I'm concerned, that's all Sprint had to say. Not kidding - I appreciate the honesty.  :)

Edited by OctoInk

Yep. It's mostly just finishing up Arden / downtown / east city of sacramento now. 

Can't fire anything up till every single last site has been converted. 

I sure hope they hurry up. For awhile I had been able to switch my phone to LTE only without eHRPD on (so only data) but havent't been able to for the last 2 months or so. :( That at least got me through the work day! 

It's nice to see Citrus Heights with LTE. I saw a couple people working on the tower at Raleys again this week.

Also, for a couple seconds, I saw the LTE light up on my phone at home. Does that mean the tower at Blackfoot and Watt is getting upgraded (haven't had a chance to take pictures of it lately) or is it one of the others around here?

I was across the street from Sunrise Mall the other day, just 3G.   I'm confused, up a few posts lilotimz said they couldn't fire up 4G until all sites were done, that they all had to launch at once

I was across the street from Sunrise Mall the other day, just 3G.   I'm confused, up a few posts lilotimz said they couldn't fire up 4G until all sites were done, that they all had to launch at once

They couldn't fire up until all physical equipment was put up (cluster launch). Usually means 3g. 4g will trickle in when backhaul becomes available. Or something like that.

I was across the street from Sunrise Mall the other day, just 3G. I'm confused, up a few posts lilotimz said they couldn't fire up 4G until all sites were done, that they all had to launch at once

I think he was referring to someone mentioning Arden. Citrus Heights is with the Folsom/Rancho cluster, I think.

Pretty nice upgrade to the tower on Blackfoot and Watt. Here's before:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8xasrlc6dm0jjy/DSC00254.JPG

Here's after:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o4oe8bzcwgmkfn/DSC01969.JPG

This tower needed it. It didn't even seem like it was on before.

This tower needed it. It didn't even seem like it was on before.

Bad reception and very spotty 3g when a tower is that close kinda sucked. I'm seeing the LTE icon light up randomly now.

I'm guessing that there will be a few weeks of tweaking and tuning on the ones that went live this week. I'm noticing I'm now only getting 3g in several locations where I had lte earlier in the week

I believe that one is already broadcasting PCS LTE and 800 voice

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be, but I couldn't get either from it. In fact, many of the towers in South Lake Tahoe seemed to have data issues. I'd get strong eHRPD signal but no data at all. Most of my IMs would just get stuck trying to send and only sporadically go through. My brother had the same problem on his GS5. It's as if someone forgot to plug the ethernet cable into the towers.