Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I've been getting regular LTE coverage at home off Hazel near Sunset for the last month. I had a few moments of LTE at work near Madison and Dewey back in December, but nothing since then. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I used to get decent WIMAX speeds there when I had an HTC Evo. I have an LG G2 now and have enabled all three bands (25,26,41). The priority is currently set in that order. Is this the best setting for our area, or should I turn off one any of the bands and/or change the priority? I do update the PRL regularly.

At this time, would it be beneficial to purchase a triband/Spark Sprint phone, i.e. would it be able to pick up more than one band?

Yes. Anyone who stays with a single band or dual band (iPhone 5s/5c) device is asking to have a miserable experience.

There is not enough pcs spectrum here to deploy a second pcs lte carrier and smr 800 is limited as well.

What we do have here is an existing clear network that can be utilized in place to give immediate capacity offloading via band 41 TDD LTE (spark) while in the long run it'll be sprints own network deployment with the new 8 pipe radios and advanced technologies with band 41 that'll keep the user experience pleasant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes. Anyone who stays with a single band or dual band (iPhone 5s/5c) device is asking to have a miserable experience.

If that's the case, I'm hoping the new iphone will be triband/Spark enabled. ????

Asaguy, I just checked Sprints coverage map...still shows 3g to me

thats what i mean't. As in NV 3G in all of sacramento is now live, not LTE. Everyone on the forums were talking about a sacramento cluster launch occurring a few days ago and sprint updated their map to show the cluster did in fact come alive.

thats what i mean't. As in NV 3G in all of sacramento is now live, not LTE. Everyone on the forums were talking about a sacramento cluster launch occurring a few days ago and sprint updated their map to show the cluster did in fact come alive.

So LTE shouldn't be too far away, mid - October IMO.

I just can't wait for LTE deployed over 800mhz. Better LTE speeds and better coverage. Any thoughts on when 800 LTE might be up?

I'm confused....we already have had 3G

Cluster launched simply means that all the hardware has been changed with the new equipment. Has no bearing on LTE. LTE follows (after a few weeks typically) after a cluster launch.

My sprint Rep days Spark will be here soon. And he mentioned how many towers lit up this week.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Lots of clear b41sites that have been turned off for a while. Once those goes back live they can announce it as spark.

Lots of clear b41sites that have been turned off for a while. Once those goes back live they can announce it as spark.

Why is it that b41 in elk grove super slow? Max 10 download.

Why is it that b41 in elk grove super slow? Max 10 download.

Clear.

They were not upgraded to sprint standard.

Some have upgraded backhaul and tops out at 40-60 Mbps and others have old wimax backhaul and tops out at 10-20 Mbps.

Sprints own 2.5 will easily reach 100/14.7.

Clear.

Some have upgraded backhaul and tops out at 40-60 Mbps and others have old wimax backhaul and tops out at 10-20 Mbps.

100 without carrier aggregation?

Why is clear's max speeds lower? Are the ratios not the same?

Clear.

Clear.

Oh ok

And by sprints own are you referring to the 8t8r technology?

Oh ok

And by sprints own are you referring to the 8t8r technology?

That is correct.

The existing clear network is ran on Huawei equipment which can be software upgraded for band 41.

So LTE shouldn't be too far away, mid - October IMO.

I just can't wait for LTE deployed over 800mhz. Better LTE speeds and better coverage. Any thoughts on when 800 LTE might be up?

Hope this is right. Dang near bailed on Sprint tonight. I'll hold on another couple months...