Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

And guess what just got turned back on late at night and made signalcheck wake me up!

vabanyru.jpg

Oh how I missed you and your kind..

(backhaul not upgraded.. Still on old clear wimax provision... Day time speed averaged more to 5-10 mbps)..

nahuve9a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm downtown at Freemont Park and I'm getting awesome b41

The majority of the lte connections everyone will be getting will be band 41 from the old clear network at least for the next few weeks. Sprint sites goes live one by one as backhaul is delivered and integrated whereas clear sites are just a simple software update. Performance and coverage will vary but at least it works.

• Like 1

The majority of the lte connections everyone will be getting will be band 41 from the old clear network at least for the next few weeks. Sprint sites goes live one by one as backhaul is delivered and integrated whereas clear sites are just a simple software update. Performance and coverage will vary but at least it works.

Will the coverage from clear equipment be similar to what WiMax is since it is the same equipment?

Will the coverage from clear equipment be similar to what WiMax is since it is the same equipment?

Maybe a tiny bit improvement at the edge of cell but it'll mostly be the same since nothing has been physically touched.

The sprint 8t8r band 41 equipment is the good stuff but those haven't been activated or really deployed in Sacramento since they were focused on getting physical equipment installed at the sites.

You'll find a lot of them installed in Elk Grove, Modesto, Stockton, reno/sparks, and along the highways and other areas that were launched a while ago but none are active since they are still doing testing in the fits in Chicago.

Clear sites will typically peak at around 50-70 mbps while Sprints own B41 equipment will easily peak @ 100 mbps. 

Got LTE in Midtown yesterday, all day. Not a strong signal, but I'll run a speed test when I get home.

Looks like it's finally here. :sunny:

I'll be back in midtown tomorrow afternoon. I will check from my office, too. Right now, I am checking out the LTE in Mather.

• Like 1

Over the weekend I got 57.49 Mbps down and 7.86 Mbps up in Elk Grove. Not sure what they changed out there, but I wasn't expecting that at all!

Clear band 41(i.e sprint spark) is being turned back on.

• Like 3