Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Going through downtown up to Sac State, still had old NID broadcasting, but saw the switch at about College Greens to the Samsung NID. It's starting to switch over. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

All that's left is downtown. Practically every site south of 50 to Elk Grove has been confirmed by me or someone else.

• Like 1

Sure feels like a few years but yes all remaining Samsung clusters are being worked on now and will be done in the next 4-8 weeks. 

It's mentioned in this post by Robert to S4GRu sponsors. 

I just re-upped my sponsorship after lapsing. While waiting for the permissions to kick in, I wondered if I could ask about Natomas progress. About a week and a half ago the estimate was "4 to 8 weeks" before the City of Sacramento sites would cluster launch. It appears work is progressing at an impressive pace right now -- do we think that estimate is still accurate?

I just re-upped my sponsorship after lapsing. While waiting for the permissions to kick in, I wondered if I could ask about Natomas progress. About a week and a half ago the estimate was "4 to 8 weeks" before the City of Sacramento sites would cluster launch. It appears work is progressing at an impressive pace right now -- do we think that estimate is still accurate?

You're listed as a sponsor already.

You mean this?

yhe8e7a5.jpg

You mean this?

I've seen a lot of screen shots like that in recent days but I'm afraid I don't know what they mean. I'm not a total noob but it's kinda hard to keep up with some of the technical jargon in this thread -- lots of acronyms and obscure references and people being excited, so I tend to think "that's good news -- even though I don't really understand why (yet)." I work in IT but not telecom (although I worked in telecom back in the '90s).

You're listed as a sponsor already.

I'm pretty sure "title" (the words under my avatar photo) and permissions in the site are maintained separately and are not always in synch.

I've seen a lot of screen shots like that in recent days but I'm afraid I don't know what they mean. I'm not a total noob but it's kinda hard to keep up with some of the technical jargon in this thread -- lots of acronyms and obscure references and people being excited, so I tend to think "that's good news -- even though I don't really understand why (yet)." I work in IT but not telecom (although I worked in telecom back in the '90s).

NID = Network ID

Samsung always runs a NID of 2xx. Screenshots have a nid of 230 which means they're running on the new Samsung equipment.

Legacy lucent equipment have a NID of 5. 

• Like 1

No, they are in sync. 

I assumed they weren't in synch because you guys upgraded me too quickly, like maybe a minute after I tried to access the secured area. :-) Thanks.

You mean this?

Ah, I think I get it now. I wrote about living in Natomas and you posted info about a site on Bell Avenue, perhaps thinking that was in Natomas. It isn't, but I appreciate the fact that the Bell Avenue site IS within the City of Sacramento and north of the American River, so my take-away is "good things are happening in the north area of the city right now."

Ahem mentlegen

lilotimz,

It would be cool to have a marked up version of this picture to describe what each of the categories mean and what the values mean.  You could put a link to the picture with the other links in your signature.  This would help people like myself and sharward who are technically-inclined and members of this site, but don't know all the nomenclature.

Anyway, just a thought.  Maybe some generous soul will take this on.

By the way, I'm downtown, in the middle of a building 12 floors up, metal walls all around me, no windows immediately around me, and getting a Samsung signal (NID: 230) at -82 dBm.

-John Kimble

• Like 1

In my twenty minutes commute to arc I have not lost the 1x800 signal even once.

Love this 800.

Do you think they have prioritized 1x800 over 1xRTT for your phone to prefer?

Dumb question: should voice call clarity have improved with this update as well? Or is it because I just updated my PRL & profile? I just had a conversation with my wife and it sounded like she was standing next to me.

Thanks,

DJK

That's called HD voice. It's part of the network vision upgrade to 3g/1x.

When I spoke to my husband earlier, we were both on our cell phones and he kind of sounded like he was in a tunnel. He said I sounded odd. Might be the HD. At the time, I was on 1x800.

But, it was the clearest connection I've had really ever while I'm sitting at my desk at work.