Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

tbs123456: I was just over near Eden Prairie/Chanhassen and I didn't get a peep. Is LTE up for anyone else? I didn't see any LTE at all despite voyaging all the way to Loretto (long story) and back.

I was worried that it was my phone, so I went to Hugo to check and my 4g lit up. Did a speed yes to make sure and it was working. Then where the 35w and 35e meet I was able to get 4g for like 10 seconds before it went away. I think I figured out what tower is sending the signal, but I keep connecting to towers all around it instead of that one. Linwood still didn't have 4g as of 10 this morning before I left for school. Wonder what sprint is doing.

I cannot find any evidence of a live Sprint LTE site in Prairie River, Wisconsin at all. In fact, I could not find a town called Prairie River. I did find an actual body of water called Prairie River, that flows through Merrill, Wisconsin. The site in Merrill has not been upgraded, as far as I can tell. Where did you learn of this info. I don't think it is accurate.

Robert

Here is some crow I'm happy to eat. Just found out through a Sprint source that a 4G site just went live in Irma, Wisconsin. Which is approx. 10 miles NW of the Prairie River. Looks like North Wisconsin market is under way. Also Colorado too. I think Samsung is mobilizing in all their markets now and over the next few months.

Robert

• Like 2

Here is some crow I'm happy to eat. . . .

I can't stop myself. I just can't stop myself! . . .

Ebenezer: You, boy!! You, in the street!!

Boy: Who, me, mister?

Ebenezer: Yes, you!! (A remarkable boy! A delightful boy!)

Boy: What 'cher want, mister?

Ebenezer: Do you know the poulterers over in Irma Street?

Boy: I do!

Ebenezer: The one with the fat crow hanging in the front window? Well, tuppence for you if you run over and have them deliver that crow to the Bob Herron Family on Sprint Lane! And double that if you do it in less than 5 minutes! (There, that should take care of Bob and Tiny AJ and all the Herrons!)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, in the spirit of the season and all that. And you, Robert, are a true and honest gentleman. You cannot imagine how much S4GRU folks appreciate your effort and attention to detail. (Irma? Why that's just up County Road J from Gleason. EVERYBODY knows that!) :blink:

• Like 1

I can't stop myself. I just can't stop myself! . . .

Ebenezer: You, boy!! You, in the street!!

Boy: Who, me, mister?

Ebenezer: Yes, you!! (A remarkable boy! A delightful boy!)

Boy: What 'cher want, mister?

Ebenezer: Do you know the poulterers over in Irma Street?

Boy: I do!

Ebenezer: The one with the fat crow hanging in the front window? Well, tuppence for you if you run over and have them deliver that crow to the Bob Herron Family on Sprint Lane! And double that if you do it in less than 5 minutes! (There, that should take care of Bob and Tiny AJ and all the Herrons!)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, in the spirit of the season and all that. And you, Robert, are a true and honest gentleman. You cannot imagine how much S4GRU folks appreciate your effort and attention to detail. (Irma? Why that's just up County Road J from Gleason. EVERYBODY knows that!) :blink:

God bless us! Every one!

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

(There, that should take care of Bob and Tiny AJ...)

I feel honored yet also shortchanged.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Here is some crow I'm happy to eat. Just found out through a Sprint source that a 4G site just went live in Irma' date=' Wisconsin. Which is approx. 10 miles NW of the Prairie River. Looks like North Wisconsin market is under way. Also Colorado too. I think Samsung is mobilizing in all their markets now and over the next few months.

Robert[/quote']

That's 20 mins away from my place here in Wausau, wis. This is very very cool. Haven't seen the ehrp on my phone yet and no lte here either. But very soon the way its looking.

• Like 1

Interesting; I attended a Christmas party in Eden Prairie right in the middle of their LTE land and a strange thing happened; I flipped the airplane mode switch and it would connect to LTE for a few seconds then revert to 3G.

It did this repeatedly - I wonder if they are indeed blocking access? I do notice connecting to LTE hasn't happened reliably since my last carrier update.

Edited by aliensporebomb

Interesting; I attended a Christmas party in Eden Prairie right in the middle of their LTE land and a strange thing happened; I flipped the airplane mode switch and it would connect to LTE for a few seconds then revert to 3G.

It did this repeatedly - I wonder if they are indeed blocking access? I do notice connecting to LTE hasn't happened reliably since my last carrier update.

I noticed the same thing on Thursday when I was in the area. A few weeks ago I was able to get an LTE signal getting gas at Costco but when I went back this week I didn't have one. My phone did switch over to LTE in the middle of Eden Prairie mall, which I found odd. I did however get a strong signal when I was in Chanhassen yesterday.

I wondered if they were blocking it to but why would they only block it in EP?

Eden Prairie being blocked :( I commute in from the west to Eden Prairie, and was excited to see the announcement that LTE was turned on in the MN market.

Then I found that my destination is blocked :wacko: sigh - I upgraded from my HTC EVO 4G (WiMax) to the EVO 4G LTE 5 months ago. Well at least the battery is GREAT!

Keep in mind, the sites may not be blocked per say, just off. It's possible they ran into some issue while testing and have had to turn things off while they fix it. There's no reason to block one or two sites in a market and leave the others on. I'm betting it's an equipment issues, and your signals will come back in a few days. Although, it might take until after the holidays if it doesn't come on this week.

It's very possible that they ran into issues in that area. It doesn't seem like anything has been updated or strengthened in the EP market in a few weeks.

I'd like to see them expanded further east down the 212/62 highway. :)

It's very possible that they ran into issues in that area. It doesn't seem like anything has been updated or strengthened in the EP market in a few weeks.

I'd like to see them expanded further east down the 212/62 highway. :)

You'll see spots of LTE popping up over the whole market here in a few weeks. Things will probably speed up after the first of the year.

You'll see spots of LTE popping up over the whole market here in a few weeks. Things will probably speed up after the first of the year.

I do see LTE popping up in the market still and I am sure after the 1st of the year things will get more movement.

Interesting; I was down near Jordan this afternoon and getting 30 megabit LTE DL speed. I was also near the airport today and saw no LTE so it wouldn't surprise me they are fine tuning as in Eden Prairie. I also noticed LTE signals in Owatonna off 35 near the Mills Fleet Farm. Surprising - not just in the Twin Cities.

So we have these reports of LTE lighting up spradically in the fringes, but why not in the Minneapolis core? Any ideas? Also, given this present activity, any idea when the entire Twin Cities market is likely to go live?

I am considering an upgrade of my HTC Evo 4G, to perhaps a Samsung Galaxy S III. But, like many others, do not want to be paying for services I am not receiving. OTOH, my family is pestering me for upgrades for Christmas - so is it likely to be worth my while, or is it best to wait a bit longer?

So we have these reports of LTE lighting up spradically in the fringes, but why not in the Minneapolis core? Any ideas? Also, given this present activity, any idea when the entire Twin Cities market is likely to go live?

I am considering an upgrade of my HTC Evo 4G, to perhaps a Samsung Galaxy S III. But, like many others, do not want to be paying for services I am not receiving. OTOH, my family is pestering me for upgrades for Christmas - so is it likely to be worth my while, or is it best to wait a bit longer?

Easy answer -- Backhaul has not been upgraded and or local / city / state permits have not been issued.

Also,usually the "fringe" areas are in small towns where there's little bureaucratic mess to deal with so backhaul and permitting is much easier. Not to mention that most "fringe" areas are along highways or interstates.