Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Which towers? I don't know the difference between ehprd and not, but I know the tower in DT WBL (4th and 61) and the tower on 61 and 35E have solid 3g speeds. The next tower north on 35E is solid too, but when it's busy it slows down a bit. Other then that I can't find any good speeds between West St. Paul and Centerville/Hugo. I'm trying hard to hold steady, but Sprint's speed/network is pretty rough.

Regarding the user reporting 4G in Bloomington - I live in Bloomington and have seen nothing. Might have to drive along the 494 strip where most of the towers are to see if something kicks in or the two other towers I know of in south central/west Bloomington.

ehrpd picked up in St. Michael today... Does this mean they're starting or just heading in right direction? Either way my super slow speed has doubled so far!

It doesn't really mean much. There are 3rd and 4th round markets that are picking up ehrpd. It is just a software overlay to EVDO to allow data to route through the 4G cores and allow a smooth hand off to LTE. However, it is a required upgrade before LTE goes live...

Download cdma field test app and it should be able to tell you what you need in there.

How do you know if ehrpd is working? I'm in downtown Minneapolis and in about> phone it says evdo revision a. Would that say ehrpd if it's working?

• Like 1

Any new news for the MN market..

There have been members in southern Minnesota and St. Cloud that have seen work going on on towers. In the next few weeks/month MN should start having completed sites. We are definitely behind schedule, but there is work being done.

• 2 weeks later...

So the towers upgraded across the north metro can pretty much allow me to have LTE at home and work, or at least close. Now how am I going to hold off on an LTE phone?!? :) That was a really awesome update today, but I don't dare say it around others who are mad about <10 sites last week.

• Like 1

So the towers upgraded across the north metro can pretty much allow me to have LTE at home and work, or at least close. Now how am I going to hold off on an LTE phone?!? :) That was a really awesome update today, but I don't dare say it around others who are mad about <10 sites last week.

So wait a second now, are you saying that you have gotten active Sprint LTE here in the North Metro of the Twin Cities?

Sounds like that is what you are saying. I sure hope so. This would be great news!

So wait a second now, are you saying that you have gotten active Sprint LTE here in the North Metro of the Twin Cities?

Sounds like that is what you are saying. I sure hope so. This would be great news!

There's certain towers in the north metro that may or may not have LTE turning on already. I don't have an LTE phone yet, so I can't test. More information about which towers can be found in the sponsors section.

I'm gonna check a few around where I live tomorrow.

If you find one of the new LTE sites is live, please run Sensorly to catalog it. Thanks!

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'll be doing that as well. I'll keep an eye out to see if anything interesting is afoot.

The nearest sprint tower to my house is on the side of an assisted living/senior housing type building and it looked like there were some new antenna pods the last time I went by but couldn't tell for certain that they were LTE because everything was painted brown to match the buildings trim on the balconies.

Edited by aliensporebomb

Stopped by the tower on 694 in Brooklyn Center tonight that was on the completed list. Looked like NV+ oldequipment to me. Sprint was the only carrier on the monopole. I took pictures but the OG EVO failed hard in the dark. It was like 5:10pm too, wtf winter. Ran a speed test. and probably no 3g up and running yet. getting like 50k's a second. It was a good test because 694 was crazy backed up right then.

Pretty awesome to see the equipment finally in person though! I'm going to more towers this weekend and probably back to that one to get good pictures.