Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Well in the local area of 694 and Rice street, sprint had a tower down so nothing worked for 3 days  PITA.   looking at sensorly the lte ends at 35e and 694 and starts again right after rice street.  Can someone confirm weather or not they have a upgraded a tower for the area and if there would be 4g lte at that intersection? Thanks guys.   Anyone in the area want to run a senorly attempt going up rice street from 694?   I have a HTC one but it doesnt seem to work anywhere in the metro haha

Oh, ok. And I also found something a little interesting. I am in Park Rapids/Nevis for vacation, and as I was driving through town I decided to check sensorly for WiMAX. It showed nothing, but I turned on 4G anyways. Sure enough, there is WiMAX in Park Rapids! Thought it was  strange it wasn't on Sensorly. 

It's on the clearwire map, it's a protection site.

It's easy: you just have to look at the tower and see that there's NV equipment there in some form or another and then check your phone.  If the hardware is there and it's not LTE it's because they're either waiting on fiber or some similar other "we need to wait for X item".  It will come.

Shots from the site nearest me: 

Cabinets arrived late last week, this is day three of them being on-site.  Seems like it's one or two individuals involved in the installation - it appears that they're deinstalling some of the old Nextel gear to make way for the NV equipment.

So far on-site are cabinets, batteries and some antenna brackets.  No sign of NV antennas or RRUs but that will come I'm sure.

At this particular site the top rack is TMobile, the next rack down is Sprint.

If there are too many pictures I apologize but I figure those of you not in the paid sponsor section should see some of what shows up there to a certain extent.

IMG_9595.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9628.JPG

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9689.JPG

IMG_9654.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG

IMG_9681.JPG

IMG_9692.JPG

Edited by aliensporebomb

Today we have more people there, a pickup truck, a sedan, a van - lots of people arriving.  I wonder if antenna and cabinet work is going to be done today?  Must be in a hurry, this is the second time on a site where I've seen work on a weekend.

• Like 1

Today we have more people there, a pickup truck, a sedan, a van - lots of people arriving.  I wonder if antenna and cabinet work is going to be done today?  Must be in a hurry, this is the second time on a site where I've seen work on a weekend.

What is the location of this site? I hope when this tower goes live it will give me 4G at my house.

Shots from the site nearest me: 

Cabinets arrived late last week, this is day three of them being on-site.  Seems like it's one or two individuals involved in the installation - it appears that they're deinstalling some of the old Nextel gear to make way for the NV equipment.

So far on-site are cabinets, batteries and some antenna brackets.  No sign of NV antennas or RRUs but that will come I'm sure.

At this particular site the top rack is TMobile, the next rack down is Sprint.

If there are too many pictures I apologize but I figure those of you not in the paid sponsor section should see some of what shows up there to a certain extent.

IMG_9692.JPG

Is this off Terrace Drive in Roseville? It looks like those buildings, and I got the NV email recently (live about a mile south of there). And the guys at the store on Snelling are super slow activating phones today because of network maintenance.

Is this off Terrace Drive in Roseville? It looks like those buildings, and I got the NV email recently (live about a mile south of there). And the guys at the store on Snelling are super slow activating phones today because of network maintenance.

I think it's in the south metro somewhere.

94th Street and Penn Avenue South in Bloomington.

Almost 3 hours later - they're still there but finishing up for the day:

First sectors installed. in the northeast corner.  Also the northwest.  But is this new antenna sectors or is it the old ones pointing downwards being put back into place temporarily?

In the top picture you can see two crew members standing on the top array and someone standing below on the clearwire array.

IMG_9758.JPG

You can see how big the antenna segments are - look to the left - it's as wide as the workman's arm span:

IMG_9775.JPG

Placing the segments into place:

IMG_9763.JPG

IMG_9762.JPG

IMG_9760.JPG

Night falls - better get down from the crow's nest guys!

IMG_9772.jpg

Edited by aliensporebomb

Well there is not any. Trust me I live in Zimmerman.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 4

If i had to guess, I would say Zimmerman is waiting on backhaul.  They seem close on 4g, but it's been in that state for over a month I believe.

• Like 1

If i had to guess, I would say Zimmerman is waiting on backhaul. They seem close on 4g, but it's been in that state for over a month I believe.

I hope it comes soon. I can't wait. I use my smartphone as my main internet device.

I hope it comes soon. I can't wait. I use my smartphone as my main internet device.

I did that for 3 days till my Comcast modem arrived.  Awful.  Never again.  And I had Sprint LTE, which is quite fast.