Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

I live very near Rosedale Mall. I just got this happy email today. Very much looking forward to NV and LTE. Our 3G has been decent here, but it is getting stale to always be hearing about the far suburbs and rural areas getting upgrades.

post-14597-0-57013800-1373947866_thumb.jpg

IMHO The network just keeps getting better. 

There's a "tower" on a building right by my office, and I get the best reception of anyone at work. However, no 4G yet. But, today on the way home I was stopped at the light right by that building and there were lines spray-painted on the road with the word SPRINT spaced out all the way across. I gotta think that's for the fiber line that they need to run through to get that site up and running. Anyone have any insight on the subject?

• Like 2

So the 'tower crew' is still out in Cambridge, today no changes to the 3 panels & RRUs they put up (I cant identify them, I don't know what to look for), but I noted that there were a bunch of guys on the ground in yellow shirts while there was one guy up the tower in all orange. Could this be the guy who inspects and signs off on the work, or is there no connection that can be made here?

BTW, yesterday eHRPD was turned back on.

• Like 1

does anybody whats going on with Little Canada? on the sprint upgrade maps its completely surrounded by upgrades.....Also what about the stretch of 35 from Forest Lake to Duluth...its been pretty dead there too. Any new info?

I stopped by the police station antenna, no nv equipment yet (don't know the site is off top of head). I'll stop by the tower by the 35E/494 intersection tomorrow and see what's going on. Were those the towers you were referring to?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2 edits (mobile, so can't edit the post). First off, I meant to say 694, not 494. Second, sensorly shows excellent signal at the 694/35E junction. Maybe that tower went live. Will definitely check it out tomorrow (bringing my good camera this time).

.Also what about the stretch of 35 from Forest Lake to Duluth...its been pretty dead there too. Any new info?

LTE popped up along that stretch back in March and has been growing ever since.  LTE in: Rush City, Pine City, Hinckley, Sandstone, Cloquet, Proctor and Duluth, just to name a few cities along that stretch. I have also made calls over 800 mhz along this stretch. 

2 edits (mobile, so can't edit the post). First off, I meant to say 694, not 494. Second, sensorly shows excellent signal at the 694/35E junction. Maybe that tower went live. Will definitely check it out tomorrow (bringing my good camera this time).

That tower is live.

Nice. It's great to see work actually finishing in this area. Now they just have to get the highway 36 and Rice St tower done, and the one over by the police station.

I'll still stop by the 35E/694 tower to check it out and add more sensorly data.

Nice. It's great to see work actually finishing in this area. Now they just have to get the highway 36 and Rice St tower done, and the one over by the police station.

I'll still stop by the 35E/694 tower to check it out and add more sensorly data.

I haven’t checked the 36 and Rice site yet, but awhile back someone said work was being done.  Could be just waiting on backhaul like the Reservoir Woods site.

I haven’t checked the 36 and Rice site yet, but awhile back someone said work was being done.  Could be just waiting on backhaul like the Reservoir Woods site.

I can confirm that work is being done.  I stopped by and it appeared to have NV panels and RRUs on the tower, but no LTE.

I'll get pics of it too.

LTE popped up along that stretch back in March and has been growing ever since.  LTE in: Rush City, Pine City, Hinckley, Sandstone, Cloquet, Proctor and Duluth, just to name a few cities along that stretch. I have also made calls over 800 mhz along this stretch. 

Not all that much going on in Duluth as far as I can tell.  LTE signals seem to have improved in range somewhat in Superior but in Duluth I'm getting LTE only sporadically downtown and not at all in Lakeside.

I can confirm that work is being done.  I stopped by and it appeared to have NV panels and RRUs on the tower, but no LTE.

I'll get pics of it too.

Yes, it all ready marked in progress. I live less then a mile from it and have been checking frequently.

Chanhassen has been terrible lately for voice, and not great for data.  I can't keep a phone call connected in Chan right now for more than a few minutes.  I know this is part of Network Vision, but does anyone know the why?  

4g coverage seems to be reduced in range at the moment, and 3g is unusable at times (as in constant 404s on web browsing)  Again, I'm not whining, I'm just curious about what part of the process reduces network coverage/quality after seeing it drastically improved.  

Chanhassen has been terrible lately for voice, and not great for data.  I can't keep a phone call connected in Chan right now for more than a few minutes.  I know this is part of Network Vision, but does anyone know the why?  

4g coverage seems to be reduced in range at the moment, and 3g is unusable at times (as in constant 404s on web browsing)  Again, I'm not whining, I'm just curious about what part of the process reduces network coverage/quality after seeing it drastically improved.  

This morning I was at the Chanhassen Bus Stop / Park and Ride at 101 and 212 for a few minutes waiting on my carpool and I dropped my wife's phone calls 3 times within a few minutes, and I didn't even move the whole time.

I believe that the problem comes from the fact that there is a single site inside Chanhassen that is 3g/voice accepted which uses Network I.D. (NID) 242 and the whole rest of the area is legacy and uses NID002 and therefore everytime your phone switches from the new site to the legacy sites it is a hard hand-off and those hand-offs almost always dropping right now. I believe that the only reprieve is going to be when the get the rest of the surrounding sites 3g accepted..

I know that my phone calls rarely ever survive when my phone switches from NID002 (Legacy) to NID242 (Samsung) or back. It is getting very frustrating, because the first 20 minutes of my commute is littered with both NID's and I cannot hold a call for more than a few minutes while traveling through this area.

As of Monday morning, I now get LTE (-99 to -102 DB) inside my office at work. Tested at about 11Mbs down.   B)

Where do you live?

• Like 1

Where do you live?

I live south of the river, but I work in Eden Prairie across Shady Oak Road from  Wooddale Church which is where I was referring to in my previous post. Outstanding 4G reception inside the building!  

Oh, ok. And I also found something a little interesting. I am in Park Rapids/Nevis for vacation, and as I was driving through town I decided to check sensorly for WiMAX. It showed nothing, but I turned on 4G anyways. Sure enough, there is WiMAX in Park Rapids! Thought it was  strange it wasn't on Sensorly.