Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Tony, both teams from Kansas City -- the Royals and Sprint -- socked it to you tonight.

:P

AJ

Tony, both teams from Kansas City -- the Royals and Sprint -- socked it to you tonight.

:P

AJ

Aren't the Royals and Sprint supposed to be perennial losers?  I guess some things do change after all.  I mean if the Pirates can do it...

Mother nature also tried to interrupt with a few showers on an otherwise beautiful evening.  Looks like the Twins either have to fix their pitching or just sell off the big contracts and try another year.

Hey, at the very least, you have outdoor baseball now. Your masses of fans used to drive down I-35 here for outdoor baseball, and the Twins were good, making the situation insufferable for Royals fans in their own stadium.

AJ

Hey, at the very least, you have outdoor baseball now. Your masses of fans used to drive down I-35 here for outdoor baseball, and the Twins were good, making the situation insufferable for Royals fans in their own stadium.

AJ

Yeah, but you have waterfalls.  There was a baseball game in Sega Genesis, not sure which, but you could fly around the stadiums, and those waterfalls made me think your ballpark was nicest park ever.  The Twins stadium is pretty amazing too, though.

I used to notice a similar situation on AT&T when I went to the state fair - I'd have great signal strength but with hundreds of thousands of people all using their smartphone simultaneously tweeting how delicious the food was it just brought the network to its knees.  I don't know what the attendance of the game was tonight but I know that they're still rolling out LTE downtown so they're not 100% yet.

I went to the Twins game tonight.  Essentially didn't have service, even though I had full bars.  It was interesting as the phone sometimes switched to 1x.  Not sure what told the phone to do that.  Something in the congested airwaves I guess.  I keep my head high though, downtown will get the major upgrade sooner than later.

At some points I got 4g and that was quite fast, however.

VZW 4g was worthless though.  So it wasn't just Sprint.

Do they still have a guest Wi-Fi network at the stadium?  Last time I was there, that was the only usable data I could find.

Yeah, but you have waterfalls.  There was a baseball game in Sega Genesis, not sure which, but you could fly around the stadiums, and those waterfalls made me think your ballpark was nicest park ever.  The Twins stadium is pretty amazing too, though.

Actually, they are fountains.  Along with Paris, Kansas City is the city of fountains.

As for ballparks, my dad and I have been to games in quite a few current and (in some cases, sadly) defunct/deceased MLB venues:

Kauffman Stadium -- Kansas City

"New" Busch Stadium -- St. Louis

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome -- Minnesota

Dodgers Stadium -- Los Angeles

Candlestick Park -- San Francisco

O.co Coliseum -- Oakland

Great American Ballpark -- Cincinnati

Tiger Stadium -- Detroit

"Old" Yankee Stadium -- New York

Shea Stadium -- New York

Fenway Park -- Boston

Wrigley Field -- Chicago

Safeco Field -- Seattle

Three Rivers Stadium -- Pittsburgh

US Cellular Field -- Chicago

Progressive Field -- Cleveland

Now, for those "waterfalls," don't go chasing them...

...that will get you kicked out of the ballpark.

AJ

Haven't seen too much mapping on sensorly lately. Kinda disappointing... 

There are some key sites around me I would love to have turned on, waiting patiently.  Our market certainly gets a lot of sites each week, most are just in rural areas at the moment.  I don't view this as a bad thing at all though.  The initial plans for MN always showed them targeting some city, then rural areas, and back to city, probably for 800 service asap.

Ok. Yeah, I have been seeing quite a few upgrades here and there, but no one ever maps it... I wonder what the coverage would look if everyone mapped it! :o

An you not update the sensorly maps on iOS by mapping lte Idk how

We've had this discussion before - the reason the iOS version of Sensorly does not perform the mapping is that the APIs (programming instructions) for determining LTE on/off and signal strength at a given location are what is known as "unpublished" or secret APIs that Apple will not release to developers.  I suppose they figure "why would anyone care about that?"

The Sensorly people do, however, know about the APIs in question and some discussion was had about them releasing a version for jailbroken iPhones since it was unlikely Apple were going to publicize these.

I haven't heard anything in some time though about it.

A buddy of mine is working on sprint towers now(was working on T-Mobile before) and he told me that on Monday he will be working on the tower in st Louis park by the airport I think he said. He also said it take about a week from start to finish and he is going to let me know where he is going to next.

• Like 3

Still nothing in Austin, wow.  Completely drained my battery with no signal just out of town.  Great, along with weak/no signal (3G or 4G) at work or at home in Mankato, this is beyong frustrating.

Still nothing in Austin, wow.  Completely drained my battery with no signal just out of town.  Great, along with weak/no signal (3G or 4G) at work or at home in Mankato, this is beyong frustrating.

I talked to Sprint, and they're working on the site (northside of Hwy 14) just outside of Eagle Lake, which real close to Mankato. I roam from Smith Mill to Eagle Lake. Downtown Mankato is working really good for me. I haven't been through Austin lately though, but I do know that the new equipment has been installed on the site, it's on the west side of Austin, on the northside of I-90.

not sure if this means much, but i drove past the sprint tower in Cambridge today and noticed all the utility companies came out to flag all around the property, as if they were about to do some digging.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2