Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

One of my FB friends just said that he is getting LTE downtown as of this afternoon! Can anyone confirm?

its most likely coming from one of the 2 towers towards the east that have been 4G live for a while now. there is a lot of purple on sensorly downtown that is from those two towers.

Very unlikely to get it around ML King/Ingersoll area. More likely to get it in the East Village and East part of the West downtown area.  There has been work at one of the downtown towers in the past few days so that was probably off line here and there bits of time which would even more allow that LTE tower to be covering into Downtown.

I have been getting ALOT of dropped calls even when I am showing good signal strength. is anyone else having this problem?

I'm on my phone so I can't link it but I posted in this thread a day or so ago with the answer to your issue.

I'm on my phone so I can't link it but I posted in this thread a day or so ago with the answer to your issue.

i hope your little birdie is right!

• Like 1

Getting a faint LTE signal in Ames. I have a screen shot but I need to figure out how to post it.

Sweet! You can either attach an image to your post or use a photo sharing site like photobucket to host the picture and link it here.

I'm at Merle Hay Mall right now and I'm getting a 1x800 signal right now, and 1mbps down! It's finally here! *crosses fingers*

Yep, that tower switched over to NV equipment a couple of weeks ago. I was there the other night and got 1.73 meg down on 3g from it :-)

Thanks! That's still the legacy BID. Once the NV equipment fires up that will change to a 5 digit number that starts with either 11 or 12. So keep an eye on it this week! The BID in your shot is from the tower off 2nd ave south of oralabor :-)

• Like 1

Thanks! That's still the legacy BID. Once the NV equipment fires up that will change to a 5 digit number that starts with either 11 or 12. So keep an eye on it this week! The BID in your shot is from the tower off 2nd ave south of oralabor :-)

Yes it is, I was driving by it today and they were doing some tests on it

Yes it is, I was driving by it today and they were doing some tests on it

Here's one more engineering pic for u guys. The BID. Has changed I hope that's good news.

that BID is from a tower that switched a few weeks ago, its on the way south side of ankeny. you should consider becoming a sponsor. we have a spreadsheet and map in the sponsor section (link in my sig) that we are keeping track of all the upgrade and the BIDs in. that way if you think you found a new one you can check the spreadsheet to see if we have it yet. Plus it has the locations of all of the towers so you can go to them to verify which tower the BID you are connected to is coming from :)