sweyers

Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

1 minute ago, sarcoptic said:

Yep B41 is what turns on LTE+ icon...however in Ames there is no B41 but I still had the icon on.  I wonder if when they CA 2x Band 25 if this causes the phone to display the LTE+ icon too?  Does SignalCheck give any indication that there is CA going on?  Here is the screenshot for those who asked.  This was in a B41 area.

The only way to confirm 2xCA or 3xCA is looking at the engineering screen. I don't know what the engineering screen looks like on that phone, but if it works right, you need to dial ##DEBUG# and then click on LTE.

4 hours ago, sarcoptic said:

Yep B41 is what turns on LTE+ icon...however in Ames there is no B41 but I still had the icon on.  I wonder if when they CA 2x Band 25 if this causes the phone to display the LTE+ icon too?  Does SignalCheck give any indication that there is CA going on?  Here is the screenshot for those who asked.  This was in a B41 area.

there are 2 towers in ames with B41 installed. even though i don't have sprint i still check for permits, there hasn't been a new B41 install for awhile, at least a year now. you can see where the B41 is in ames off of sprints coverage map.

So back in Ames on LTE+ I was able to snag a snapshot of the LTE Engineering screen....according to it I see B26 but no idea if CA is taking place.

Screenshot_20171117-080042new.jpg

4 hours ago, sarcoptic said:

So back in Ames on LTE+ I was able to snag a snapshot of the LTE Engineering screen....according to it I see B26 but no idea if CA is taking place.

Screenshot_20171117-080042new.jpg

CA would not be taking place if you were connected to Band 26. Is that what the engineering screen looks like? Normally it's a full screen, but again I don't have any experience with this phone.

Yes, that's what the Essential engineering screen looks like. The Kyocera Hydro Icon I have on FreedomPop for logging has the same style. It's actually kind of nice, since it stays up as an overlay and makes screenshots more informative (such as NSG or SCP running, or a speed test).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't get a different icon on LTE+ (with the + as opposed to LTE) on my LG V20, the only way I know is looking at Signalcheck Pro.  Maybe a setting or something? I also noted that the speeds have slowed down dramatically, after the new vision towers were activated the speeds were screaming (30 - 60 mbps) now the same spot is maybe 3 - 5 mbps.  can't wait for 5G!!

OK, here we are a couple weeks shy of 2 years later.  I got tired of waiting for the signal/speed to improve and with the merger and all and Sprint not doing any more improvements I went ahead and switched to T-mobile.  I got a LG V60 (gets 5G) and holey crap is this a great phone, along with a LG G Pad 5 tablet that doesn't get 5G.  The speeds are slightly better in the same areas as before except in 5G areas where its screaming (like around Prairie Meadows).  I'm told when they cannibalize Sprints band 41 and put it on 5G the coverage/speed with improve alot. 

• Like 1