sweyers

Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

Also I've noticed speeds are better on android over iOS. IPhone 5 vs HTC One. Could be the greater ram.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I had the most 4G i've ever experienced this morning in from my commute, just south of Ankeny all the way past downtown on 235...it was solid the entire drive.

• Like 2

What does everyone have for a PRL number for the HTC one? Mine is still showing 55016 but every time I try to update it the phone gets stuck on device management and I have to reboot it. Is it just my phone so I have to go back to the fisher-price phone. Still waiting for my tower to upgrade, it will come in time, BID 401.

My tower was down over the weekend. Very strange wouldn't connect to anything in but Carlisle. Good sign!!!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

no idea, i think they are using lots of different ones and they have changed over the months (as far as actual tower work goes). Ericsson is the company doing acceptances though, i think there are other people doing final checks/integration work though right before Ericsson comes through to accept as i've seen several towers with un marked normal looking vehicles at towers working.

That's what I saw by mine. On another note I saw equipment being delivered to that tower someone thought was new by DMACC.

Ericsson is who you saw? and what time was the equipment being delivered? i drove by there tonight just after 3:30 and didn't see anything new yet :(

4:30 about, nothing was installed it was all still on the trailer. The network has gotten very bad here I am dropping multiple calls every day. I hope they are close, the guy in charge of the account is wanting to switch. I can only hold him off for so long.

• Like 1

nice, i will have to check it out again :) and yes it is getting close, there is info and a date in the sponsor section of when things are supposed to be happening.

I made a road trip this morning from Des Moines to Iowa City. I did not have very consistent LTE coverage on 80 with my Nexus 5. My phone stayed on 3G from Des Moines all the way until the Newton racetrack exit. At that point I put it in airplane mode and back again since I understood that I should have gotten LTE around Mitchellville. I did get a strong LTE signal at that point and it stayed that way for quite some time. However, it dropped again west of Iowa City and went back to 3G and now I am in Iowa City around the university area and it is 3G there as well. Around the football stadium I put my phone back in airplane mode and back again to see what happens and it grabbed a 3G signal and stayed there.

I have going back and re-reading this topic from start to finish. So much useful info. It's like a total Sprint education while waiting for the LTE work to complete!

• Like 1

new batch of acceptances for central iowa posted in the sponsor thread this morning, plus i picked up some 800 from some new towers this morning so that means another batch of acceptances will show up tomorrow morning too!

• Like 1

Called Sprint and they told me that work would be done on 12/25/13 at 6:00 Pm CST. 

Called Sprint and they told me that work would be done on 12/25/13 at 6:00 Pm CST. 

What work ?

That's what I saw by mine. On another note I saw equipment being delivered to that tower someone thought was new by DMACC.

your hickman/MLK tower is broadcasting 800 and flipped over to the new equipment today for voice and 3G, no LTE yet. so that Ericsson truck was there doing acceptance the other day :)

LTE Work 

don't hold your breath  :wacko: based on what we have seen and heard most if not all towers should be running on NV equipment by then, but i highly doubt we will have any new, let alone all, towers with LTE by then.

LTE Work 

Oh.   That would be a nice Christmas present ;)     I'm just a little leary of what "Peggy" tells me on the phone especially when it involves something very specific and is just missing the seconds of being pretty specific !!   :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 1

Because of the triband phone issue, there is an article about it on the wall of this site.

I usually stream music so once the new 3G is on I should be good ? I saw your previous post so if this is the case my problems with dropped calls and slow data will go away. I'm one of those nerds that won't talk on my phone unless I absolutely have to. Lol

iPhone 5S is Tri-band too isn't it ?

Apple decided to not support 2600 for td-lte, it does support 800 band 26. So sadly it is just dual band