sweyers

Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

Ok so new week. What miracles can we hope for? Do all the crews take off this week?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Sprint announced a bunch of locations for LTE today including the quad cities and cedar rapids. Our time MUST be next.

• Like 1

Picking up LTE in Urbandale near Living History Farms.

d08207f0-8bf6-4df4-9596-cd71af24cfdd_zps

• Like 1

Picking up LTE in Urbandale near Living History Farms.

ios7 messes up the engineering screen a little bit. As you can see the cell identity number is truncated. Having that whole number is very helpful to us. If you are still connected to that site go to settings>General>Accessibility>Bold Text - set that to ON and repost the screenshot. 

ios7 messes up the engineering screen a little bit. As you can see the cell identity number is truncated. Having that whole number is very helpful to us. If you are still connected to that site go to settings>General>Accessibility>Bold Text - set that to ON and repost the screenshot. 

Ok, I will try again.  I'm still in the same location but currently am not connected to LTE anymore.  It's been off and on so hopefully I see it again.

• Like 1

Okay, here it is.

head over to the sponsor thread (link in sig) and check out the spreadsheet, that one is one we have confirmed in there and then you can see what tower its coming from!

• Like 2

Okay, here it is.

And we added the 269 physical cell ID for that site that we didn't have previously based on your post. Thanks!

• Like 1

G2 just now got 5.68 down and 3.03 up in Johnston. I live on the just east of Merle Hay and South of Beaver. Not far from the Johnston library and Camp Dodge. Switched the G2 from global to CDMA/Lte then back to global and it hooked up long enough to run Ookla and then it switched back to 3g. Hopefully not being able to hold 4g doesn't stick around a whole lot longer.

head over to the sponsor thread (link in sig) and check out the spreadsheet, that one is one we have confirmed in there and then you can see what tower its coming from!

Ok cool.  Yeah I was looking for 12793XX... and 269 in the spreadsheet prior to posting.  Little did I know that I needed to convert that to hexadecimal first.  Well anyway, I see it now.  Cool to know where I'm getting that signal from.  Thx guys.

• Like 2

Ok cool.  Yeah I was looking for 12793XX... and 269 in the spreadsheet prior to posting.  Little did I know that I needed to convert that to hexadecimal first.  Well anyway, I see it now.  Cool to know where I'm getting that signal from.  Thx guys.

Yep the iphone cell identity is the LTE Hex ID on the spreadsheet converted to hexadecimal format. You can use any converter such as this http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converte, add a 0 to the beginning and the last two digits are dropped to xx as they'll be 00, 01, 02 depending on the sector of the site you were connected to. 

G2 just now got 5.68 down and 3.03 up in Johnston. I live on the just east of Merle Hay and South of Beaver. Not far from the Johnston library and Camp Dodge. Switched the G2 from global to CDMA/Lte then back to global and it hooked up long enough to run Ookla and then it switched back to 3g. Hopefully not being able to hold 4g doesn't stick around a whole lot longer.

Serving cell was 240 if that's even the right info

• Like 1

Serving cell was 240 if that's even the right info

yep that is! thats one we have confirmed which tower its coming from, you can find that info in the spreadsheet in the sponsor thread, link in my sig :)

also eCSFB is not enabled on these towers yet, so since you have a tri-band phone if you want LTE you will have to put your phone in LTE only mode, but while its in that mode you won't get any calls or texts. once the tower is officially accepted they will have eCSFB enabled on it and then you wouldn't have to do anything special anymore to get connected to LTE from it.

yep that is! thats one we have confirmed which tower its coming from, you can find that info in the spreadsheet in the sponsor thread, link in my sig :)

also eCSFB is not enabled on these towers yet, so since you have a tri-band phone if you want LTE you will have to put your phone in LTE only mode, but while its in that mode you won't get any calls or texts. once the tower is officially accepted they will have eCSFB enabled on it and then you wouldn't have to do anything special anymore to get connected to LTE from it.

Unfortunately the G2 doesn't have an lte only mode. The only options are global and cdma/Lte, so no usable lte for g2 owners until it's all sorted out.

Unfortunately the G2 doesn't have an lte only mode. The only options are global and cdma/Lte, so no usable lte for g2 owners until it's all sorted out.

:( thats right, i forgot about that. it will let you get to that screen but its blocked from allowing you to change anything.

I have a new tower broadcasting 800 on the south side!Posted Image

Here is the speedtest from that tower

Also my downtown tower is on 1x800 too!!!!Posted Image

• Like 1

I have a new tower broadcasting 800 on the south side!

got this one added to the spreadsheet!

Also my downtown tower is on 1x800 too!!!!

this one the address isn't giving me the exact location, there are 2 towers on park ave. if you get this one again click on the map link and take a screenshot of the map when it loads up the towers location. also can you turn on the "site hint" option for signalcheck? that will help us get the other BIDs with one screenshot. also you might want to post these in the sponsor thread since we are talking about tower locations now :D

7 4G towers accepted in central iowa this morning! sponsors can check the link in my sig to find out where they are! :D

• Like 2

I've switched back to 1XRTT and eHRPD this morning now and my tower shows 12th st. Does that mean the 12th st tower could have been down or being worked on?

I've switched back to 1XRTT and eHRPD this morning now and my tower shows 12th st. Does that mean the 12th st tower could have been down or being worked on?

if its a NV BID it will be an exact location, if its a legacy BID it will be an offset location.