EVO LTE on leaked list for Jelly Bean upgrade, No date given

kckid

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the Jelly Bean update is this week or today or....Why can't we find out? I have friends who own the Google Nexus that got JB months ago. When (if) we do get Jelly Bean it ought to be 4.2. Much as I love my LTE, AND I'll never have another phone that isn't straight Google. Being 6 months behind on updates is plain BS!

Edited by rtflone
  • Like 1

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the Jelly Bean update is this week or today or....Why can't we find out? I have friends who own the Google Nexus that got JB months ago. When (if) we do get Jelly Bean it ought to be 4.2. Much as I love my LTE, AND I'll never have another phone that isn't straight Google. Being 6 months behind on updates is plain BS!

No sd card or lte on the nexus. Show stopper for me

ga8, Just to be clear, meant Nexus phone not tablet. The buddy I referred to is on VZW, not Sprint. His phone is definitely LTE but no SD which is deal breaker for me as well. I have a class 10 / 32gig sd, and wouldn't be without. Didn't mean to imply I wanted a Nexus, just a Google phone in the future provided essentials are there. Sick of carriers being in the way. IMHO, all Android phones should get updates direct from Google at the same time! Hope that clears me up...

When Microsoft has an update for Windows (not new version) it's there for all to update regardless of the brand of your computer.. As to LTE, we don't even have that yet! First to get WIMAX last gen, but no LTE in my area yet..

Edited by rtflone

ga8, Just to be clear, meant Nexus phone not tablet. The buddy I referred to is on VZW, not Sprint. His phone is definitely LTE but no SD which is deal breaker for me as well. I have a class 10 / 32gig sd, and wouldn't be without. Didn't mean to imply I wanted a Nexus, just a Google phone in the future provided essentials are there. Sick of carriers being in the way. IMHO, all Android phones should get updates direct from Google at the same time! Hope that clears me up...

Cdma nexus is a lot better in hardware. Android 5.0 is supposed to have a personalize center to add skins to stock android. Will solve a lot of problems

I agree with you 100%. Lol

Zero distortion on better hardware and 5.0. Product cycles moving so fast now, our phones are yesterday before they're 6 months old

Get used to it. Your device worked when you bought it and still works today. Regardless, this is not the appropriate forum. Take it to XDA.

AJ

JB will get here when it gets here. Would rather have them take their time and make sure its working properly then have a rushed update to appease the "I NEED THE NEWEST UPDATE NAO" crowd. I'm pretty sure its taking awhile because they're trying to fix the LTE issues a lot of people are having. Just have patience people. This is a good phone and the next update will make it even better(hopefully lol). If you really need a JB fix, root and grab CM10. It's awesome. :)

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

• Like 2

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/12/12/leak-internal-sprint-document-says-the-evo-4g-lte-jelly-bean-rollout-may-start-tomorrow-1213/

This was just posted on Android Police, apparently its a leaked internal document from Sprint. Client initiated tomorrow. I call BS, but this one might be official.