Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

I want it all! And I want it now!

Call J.G. Wentworth, 877-DATA-NOW!!!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have real slow 3G I want LTE now!

On an unrelated note, there is a giant spool of cable (8 foot diameter maybe) right next to the tower at Dodge and Skyline in Elkhorn.  Still don't know if that means anything.  I really should bring my phone with on my workouts since I run past it three days a week.

Good news to report, I was getting about 2.6mps down and 1.0mps on campus in Lincoln today.

I wonder how it will hold up during Husker games.  Normally I get kicked down to either 1x or lose connectivity all together,

In Ralston the last couple of days, i keep having the data roaming coming on, not sure if that is due to tower work or other factors. hopefully it is due to the upgrades and makes the signal work the way a signal should operate.

I want it all!  And I want it now!

...and your call will be answered by Veruca Salt.  After her dad's peanut fortune went tits up, she moved to the US and became a receptionist.  JG Wentworth was the natural fit -- every call is now answered with the catch phrase, "I want it NOW!"

AJ

• Like 2

Sounds like someone is playing with the network there to me (I've seen those issues when towers were being upgraded-but I am not 100% sure thats the case here but may be)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I'm new to commenting on this forum.  But i switched from Verizon to Spring about a month ago.  Used to be employed by Verizon and got tired of all the crap i had to deal with.  Love having Sprint now.  Anyways back to signal.  I work in downtown Lincoln and I know when I first got Sprint I couldn't stream my music on Play music and I consistently had 1 or 2 bars of signal.  Recently I've been having 4 or 5 EVERYWHERE!!  I live in north Lincoln by 27th and Superior and with Verizon was lucky to get 1 bar of 3G and with spring right now in my house i have 4 bars of sprint 3G.  I can't wait for LTE to get here.  I'm usually on WiFi but I'm already getting excited about not having to remember to turn WiFi on. 

• Like 1

Has anyone been having worse than usual service in west Omaha area?  Seems like every time I go into a building, I lose service.  

I was at 134th & Fort around 5 pm today.  Indoors I only had one bar of service, not enough signal for SpeedTest to work.  After forcing my phone to 1x web pages would load.  It's probably not related, but my buddy who has Verizon had poor outdoor service there.

I can't wait for LTE to get here.  I'm usually on WiFi but I'm already getting excited about not having to remember to turn WiFi on. 

Your enthusiasm is great.  But you do not need to turn on/off Wi-Fi.  Leave it on full time, and configure it to automatically connect to access points you know to be reliable and reasonably secure.  Just please do not rely on LTE as a complete Wi-Fi replacement.  That just hastens the saturation of the brand new LTE network.  Instead, judicious Wi-Fi offloading helps you and everyone have access, where truly needed, to a less congested macro network.

AJ

Your enthusiasm is great.  But you do not need to turn on/off Wi-Fi.  Leave it on full time, and configure it to automatically connect to access points you know to be reliable and reasonably secure.  Just please do not rely on LTE as a complete Wi-Fi replacement.  That just hastens the saturation of the brand new LTE network.  Instead, judicious Wi-Fi offloading helps you and everyone have access, where truly needed, to a less congested macro network.

AJ

Oh i agree with that.  I have recently figured out how to do this on my HTC One and honestly the only time im on the network is when i am in my vehicle.  At work it connects to my office's WiFi and at home to my personal one.

Well it looks like sprint is working on towers in Lincoln. All day my phone has been switching back and forth between roaming and regular network. I called sprint to find out why and they confirmed that there is tower work going on in Lincoln and that a 4G LTE tower is either live or close to becoming live off of Fletcher ave in north Lincoln. Here's to hoping they fix this soon because I have little to no signal right now.

Well it looks like sprint is working on towers in Lincoln. All day my phone has been switching back and forth between roaming and regular network. I called sprint to find out why and they confirmed that there is tower work going on in Lincoln and that a 4G LTE tower is either live or close to becoming live off of Fletcher ave in north Lincoln. Here's to hoping they fix this soon because I have little to no signal right now.

Lame. Wish they would work on somewhere with more people. I have pretty much given up using my phone at my house because it goes into permanent roaming or complete loss of signal

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Lame. Wish they would work on somewhere with more people. I have pretty much given up using my phone at my house because it goes into permanent roaming or complete loss of signal

Without WiFi I wouldn't have any issue at work and I'm in the heart of downtown Lincoln so believe me I know how you feel.

not lame.  i am right by this location  :rofl:  :D  :lol:  :P  :tu:

not lame.  i am right by this location  :rofl:  :D  :lol:  :P  :tu:

The funny thing is I have signal while on wifi as long as I dont try to place a call or send a text.  As soon as I do one of those or turn WiFi off my phone starts fluctuating between roaming, regular signal, and no signal at all.  I hope they fix this soon!