Why are people so impatient with Sprint?

MacinJosh

I'm so saddened with all the impatience that people have with Sprint lately. I have more reasons than many of you to complain about Sprint, and Robert (S4GRU) has even more reasons to complain.

People, Sprint has undertaken a massive project to make LTE happen, and it's not a cheap project either. Plus with some things out of their control like backhaul vendors taking longer times to upgrade the backhaul in some places, it's not entirely Sprint's fault.

Please be patient with Sprint people, please! Network Vision can't happen overnight. I know many of us wish it could, but it can't.

Thank you! :(

• Like 12

Same here,, they were my first and only carrier. I am on my third 4g phone and this is the first time I had 4g service. Needless to say I have waited patiently. I have 6 lines with them. 5 on a family plan and one separate. They have always been good to me as far as customer service.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Customer Service has been so great to me. They have worked with me everytime I needed something, and have even gone beyond the call of duty to make sure I was satisfied. However, some of the sales staff in some stores leave a lot to be desired, smh.

• Like 1

12 years with Sprint also. I have to admit this past July, I ported out to VZW for all but two weeks. I discovered that contrary to popular belief, Sprint hands down has more coverage than big red if you include their roaming agreements. Also Verizon's macho 3g network can come to a snarl quite often. The premium price you will shell out for Verizon is so not worth it. My first bill with their new shared data plan with 8 gigs of data and activation was 212.00 and 174.00 per month thereafter. Likewise Sprint has always been good to me and did everything they could to retain my business. Hopefully this potential buyout by Softbank will cement Sprint's legacy and Mr. Hesse makes the right decision for all of us.

• Like 6

.....I ported out to VZW for all but two weeks. I discovered that contrary to popular belief.... Also Verizon's macho 3g network can come to a snarl quite often. The premium price you will shell out for Verizon is so not worth it....

Well said... I've had the same experiences.. I took a brief stint with Verizon a while back and found that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Also, I was at the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in San Francisco just last month with my friends Verizon device (iPhone) and it could could not even send a text message... However, my Sprint phone (EVO LTE) would text just fine.

• Like 1

I've been a customer at Verizon for awhile now. I have to say their 3G speeds are pretty good and LTE is even more amazing! I was on my friends iPhone 4S, she let me go on the internet and it was extremely slow with 4 bars! Is it true that because of unlimited data, Sprint's 3G network is getting hammered and speeds are going down?

I've been with Sprint for 12 years I think, since the SPH-N200. I've been through mostly good, a few frustrating times, but I'm going anywhere. The most frustrating thing was a few years ago when Verizon bought Alltel. If Sprint had made that acquisition, Verizon would have never been able to get rid of Unlimited as they would need it to contend. Sprint + Alltel would have made it a true big 3.

Sprint has made some mjor gains in the last couple of years. Customer Service has been 100% better than previously and I think the marketing has been spot on in the last year or so. I remember waiting for Wimax to come but never felt that I needed it right that min because the 3G from Sprint was pretty decent back in June of 2010. Now though I think LTE/NV is needed right now and I'm likely one of the impatient ones. I'm not jumping up and down and complaining like some I see on other sites but I'm getting like a kid at Christmas as my market gets closer..

You're comparing your own frustrations with Sprint's LTE rollout to other peoples impatience. Truth is, Sprint just might not be working for Sprint as they are right now and they want to get what they are paying for. Now I am in no way condoning the people who relentlessly Sprint bash, but I certainly can understand some peoples impatience depending on what they are experiencing with Sprint Luckily enough for myself, Sprint is just about excellent in Tampa, but I've been to areas like Columbia SC where my phone was seriously a paperweight the entire time I was there.

For myself, I am completely patient with the LTE rollout. What's more important to me is that 800mhz rollout. Just want to have decent coverage in areas that I would expect to have it, in an otherwise well covered city.

All depends on your own situation I suppose. It's hard to try to put yourself in another persons shoes when your in an overall good situation with Sprint.

• Like 1

I've been a customer at Verizon for awhile now. I have to say their 3G speeds are pretty good and LTE is even more amazing! I was on my friends iPhone 4S, she let me go on the internet and it was extremely slow with 4 bars! Is it true that because of unlimited data, Sprint's 3G network is getting hammered and speeds are going down?

Well, it's a combination of the unlimited data and your friend's iPhone. Kind of. When Sprint added the iPhone to its lineup, the millions of extra customers looking for unlimited data overloaded the network, and the speeds collapsed.

Well said... I've had the same experiences.. I took a brief stint with Verizon a while back and found that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Also, I was at the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in San Francisco just last month with my friends Verizon device (iPhone) and it could could not even send a text message... However, my Sprint phone (EVO LTE) would text just fine.

I will say this though, Verizon was extremely polite when I decided to leave. I had no issue recieving a refund for my Galaxy S3 minus restocking and activation fees. Also their coverage tool is highly inaccurate especially in rural areas of the Western US. I hope you guys get some LTE in Phoenix soon. I know ya'll were hung out to dry on Wimax with the exception of a few hotspots around town.
  • Like 1

Stayed with them since they have kept me hooked in with retention plans and SERO plans. I consider it my discount for the network in this market. The free, within reason roaming amounts on Verizon really sealed the deal for me. So glad they fill in the holes in the city and suburbs here.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I was with Sprint for 5 years, before I cut them loose. Hopefully once their network is back in a decent working order (Hopefully 2013) I will be back with Sprint. I really do miss the company, and the phones. I believe if Sprint would of planned way ahead, the network wouldn't have been so drained like it is. I'll give Sprint the benefit of the doubt, they are slowly getting it together.......

Well, it's a combination of the unlimited data and your friend's iPhone. Kind of. When Sprint added the iPhone to its lineup, the millions of extra customers looking for unlimited data overloaded the network, and the speeds collapsed.

The iPhone addition was just the knockout blow for the legacy network. The HTC Hero, HTC EVO 4G, and Samsung Epic 4G were the devices that first brought the network to its knees.

• Like 2

I'm so saddened with all the impatience that people have with Sprint lately. I have more reasons than many of you to complain about Sprint, and Robert (S4GRU) has even more reasons to complain.

People, Sprint has undertaken a massive project to make LTE happen, and it's not a cheap project either. Plus with some things out of their control like backhaul vendors taking longer times to upgrade the backhaul in some places, it's not entirely Sprint's fault.

Please be patient with Sprint people, please! Network Vision can't happen overnight. I know many of us wish it could, but it can't.

I agree, and I have been advocating for Sprint quite a bit based on the knowledge and facts that I have learned here, and abroad. moat people don't have the facts that would allow them to make informed decisions. However; Sprint has lied and concealed the reason for problems with their service. They try to make you feel that you are the only one with issues, or that it's your handset when clearly the service has major growing pains with their rolling outages reported through out the country by their users, and Tech sites alike.

I feel that Sprint needs to respond to customers with the truth, because I almost canceled when I was dropping every other call not receiving text or services for hours and at one point could not get a call from the Top tech Supervisor because of service disruptions.

They want to keep profits high by screwing the people that pay them instead of crediting them for poor service.

I don't want a free hand out but a credit for times when service was horrendous and the truth would have stopped me from researching Verizon! I have been with Sprint since the opened the doors 15 years ago, and never had poor service like I have had in the last year and a half. They finally told me the truth when I threatened to leave. I would have been paying more but I would have service. No one should have to decide to stay in a poor performing contract with no truthful addressing of why it is happening because they know they are the cheapest game in town.

Now this is the truthful answer from my personal interaction with service, and Sprint the past year and a half so don't think for a minute this is meant to be a bashing post. It is a truthful reason of what people are going through and you have to have compassion for this type of argument even if you like Sprint over all as I do!

• Like 2

Why are people impatient with sprint? Because theyre american. We live in a society starved of education, patience, and rationale. A "me, me, me" mindset drives the actions, thoughts and opinions of the majority..... sprint and tmobile get the worst of it because they tend to attract budget minded customers and within that subsect you find the least rational, most poorly educated and impatient people in our society. Many expect a premium product at a discount price and are irate when theirfacebook wont load or they cant watch da utube. Theyre handing over their precious hard earned (or entitled) dollars and have high strung expectations.

• Like 9

I'm so saddened with all the impatience that people have with Sprint lately.

I was with sprint for so long I cant even remember when I started 15 years?. I Waited. I waited through no reception in my house (I Bought and installed a repeater in my house so I could keep the service). I waited lived with dropped calls on the my street. This Still happens after years. (No I did not make a pest of myself, but I did report them). I was OK with the service when others had service when I didn't. (This bothered me we I was a leader on Scout outings though). I really wanted to stay with Sprint. I was excited when they started 4G... and I waited and waited and waited for it to deploy in my area. I made myself a promise I would not get a new phone (and pay the Premium data fee) until 4G was in our area. Clearwire started to show up WiMax was comming!Then they changed directions to LTE. OK I said after reading about the reasons. Sprint is trying to go in a direction they thing will serve us better! Now other carriers had LTE already in the area. So I waited and my area was on the 2nd tier list. I read and realized that Sprint wouldn't have their network fleshed out in my area until 2014. Do I wait 2 more years? My some is going to college next year... Word I am getting is Big Red has better coverage on the campuses he is looking at. So Then I got a tablet. I wanted to evaluate Android OS. I Liked it, but it likes a network connection (Not all apps, but many of the cooler ones need a connection). I connected my tablet to 4G and found it was almost everywhere. So I could wait for fast data speeds (3g sprint speeds in my area were below 100kbps in my experience) or I could let Sprint catch up to the other carriers. I decided to do the latter. I am not anti-Sprint. I am not upset with them. I waited years for the cool stuff, I just did not want to wait more years. I don't think that Sprint 4G will be really good in my area until 800Mhz is rolled out and the kinks are worked out. I will likely be back. I wanted a new phone and needed it to be on a 4G network. Sprint didn't have that here yet. Once they do, I will look at returning.

• Like 2

I've been with Sprint since 1999' date=' my first cell phone, as long as Network Vision continues how it is, I won't be going anywhere. Sprint has always treated me well. I've got 3 lines now.[/quote']

That's not what your girlfriend said!!!

No, really. She just posted on our Google+ page that she may leave Sprint if they don't start NV in Phoenix soon. I responded to her letting her know that I believe Phoenix will start before the end of the year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I'm happy to cut Sprint slack, but I think they would be better served to be more honest about the NV deployment. Not to harp on Dallas, but their coverage map is extremely aggressive. It in no way matches what's actually been reported by Sensorly users or my own observations. Heck, they even show coverage in areas that don't have towers.

Anyway, if I hadn't found S4GRU and seen the deployment schedules and maps, I would have abandoned Sprint during the grace period and gone back to the devil company for a couple of years more.

• Like 1

I agree' date=' and I have been advocating for Sprint quite a bit based on the knowledge and facts that I have learned here, and abroad. moat people don't have the facts that would allow them to make informed decisions. However; Sprint has lied and concealed the reason for problems with their service. They try to make you feel that you are the only one with issues, or that it's your handset when clearly the service has major growing pains with their rolling outages reported through out the country by their users, and Tech sites alike.

I feel that Sprint needs to respond to customers with the truth, because I almost canceled when I was dropping every other call not receiving text or services for hours and at one point could not get a call from the Top tech Supervisor because of service disruptions.

They want to keep profits high by screwing the people that pay them instead of crediting them for poor service.

I don't want a free hand out but a credit for times when service was horrendous and the truth would have stopped me from researching Verizon! I have been with Sprint since the opened the doors 15 years ago, and never had poor service like I have had in the last year and a half. They finally told me the truth when I threatened to leave. I would have been paying more but I would have service. No one should have to decide to stay in a poor performing contract with no truthful addressing of why it is happening because they know they are the cheapest game in town.

Now this is the truthful answer from my personal interaction with service, and Sprint the past year and a half so don't think for a minute this is meant to be a bashing post. It is a truthful reason of what people are going through and you have to have compassion for this type of argument even if you like Sprint over all as I do![/quote']

I'm completely OK with this response. It is an honest reflection without bashing or ranting.

Only the profit point is the only thing I would point out. Sprint hasn't turned a profit in over 5 years. However, since you have been a customer for longer than that, you may be referencing a period prior to that.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner