Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Guess I need to get a pay pal account so I can become a sponsor.

You don't have to have a paypal account.  You can donate via credit card thru the paypal website without creating a paypal account

Kind of off topic but I donated earlier today. When do you think I'll have access to the sponsor forum?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Robert is the one that has to upgrade your account and he is on a family vacation starting today.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4228-robert-out-into-the-wilds-on-a-camping-expedition/&do=findComment&comment=169481

Kind of off topic but I donated earlier today. When do you think I'll have access to the sponsor forum?

send a message to Robert with you're screen name so he knows to update you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Good news for Green Bay finally!  I briefly picked up 4g for about a 1/4 to 1/2 a mile on the 172 bridge.  I didn't get a chance to map it but I'll try to on my way home if it's still up!

• Like 1

Okay, I just jumped on the Sensorly website to see if LTE was up in the Merrill area.  Looks like there's some stuff mapped on I-39 by the 51 truck stop.  Can anyone confirm this?  I'm heading up there this weekend....

Okay, I just jumped on the Sensorly website to see if LTE was up in the Merrill area.  Looks like there's some stuff mapped on I-39 by the 51 truck stop.  Can anyone confirm this?  I'm heading up there this weekend....

First week of July I was through that area and was able to pick up LTE while driving on Hwy 51.

Guest tazman

I noticed tonight that there is LTE in Rib Mountain by Sam's Club.

It's looking better every, I still can't believe that we are getting LTE so fast, it took forever to get 3G from Sprint.

I noticed tonight that there is LTE in Rib Mountain by Sam's Club.

It's looking better every, I still can't believe that we are getting LTE so fast, it took forever to get 3G from Sprint.

the LTE out in rib mountain is coming from a site on top of 28th ave. That's been on for awhile now. And I see a few other sites that are ready to go live.

sent from my note 2 using Tapatalk 5 HD

Guest tazman

Wow i din;t know that they could push the signal that far.  I know that Sprint also has a towers on Rib Mountain, Cedar Creek and on the tower by Van Ert Electric.  So I am to assume that those aren't fired up yet.  Once they get those fired up it should really help the signal.

Thanks much for the info.

I was at the truck stop yesterday and I wasn't getting LTE. My data profile is a little messed up though right now, can't connect to EVDO or 1x data... Ehrpd and LTE seem to work most of the time, but who knows.

I stopped at Timms Hill yesterday too and was able to get 1x 800 at the top of the observation tower. Kept going between that, 1900, and roaming on Verizon.

Any chance Sprint will deploy anything north of Tomahawk/Rhinelander ever? Roaming on Verizon is awful, was much better with Alltel (and I thought Verizon was supposed to honor the Sprint/Alltel evdo roaming agreement through 2015... It's been 1x for at least a year or two now).

I was at the truck stop yesterday and I wasn't getting LTE. My data profile is a little messed up though right now, can't connect to EVDO or 1x data... Ehrpd and LTE seem to work most of the time, but who knows.

I stopped at Timms Hill yesterday too and was able to get 1x 800 at the top of the observation tower. Kept going between that, 1900, and roaming on Verizon.

Any chance Sprint will deploy anything north of Tomahawk/Rhinelander ever? Roaming on Verizon is awful, was much better with Alltel (and I thought Verizon was supposed to honor the Sprint/Alltel evdo roaming agreement through 2015... It's been 1x for at least a year or two now).

I was up at three lakes the other day and was roaming I had evdo 3g the whole time off network. Went up 51 and came back down on 17. Even tho roaming is slower then the Sprint network is still useable.

sent from my note 2 using Tapatalk 5 HD

Hmm.. must be certain areas that Verizon stopped allowing 3G roaming access for Sprint then. I'm about 15 miles west of Minocqua right now and haven't been able to get 3G here for a couple years on my Sprint phone. Could have been around the time when Verizon flipped to Ehrpd and now LTE. If I go to the downtown Minocqua area, my phone still shows EVDO, but I don't think the Sprint map shows 3G roaming there anymore.

Hey just wanted to let every one know, even though its more central Wisconsin, Berlin has LTE in MOST areas. This is something sprint hasn't said anything about and no maps show it but they do have it. I don't know if this is a experimental site or something like that? But, just wanted to let everyone know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anybody knew if Ripon was getting LTE soon? Fond du lac and Berlin have it so just wondering.. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten it yet considering we have a few other options to choose from here and Verizon's LTE just launched here..

Sent from my Awesome Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by riptig5199

Looks like a step back before taking a step forward in Green Bay. The one spot of 4g I was able to pick up on hwy 172 hasn't broadcasted again since finding it last week. Hopefully this is a sign off things to come.

Looks like a step back before taking a step forward in Green Bay. The one spot of 4g I was able to pick up on hwy 172 hasn't broadcasted again since finding it last week. Hopefully this is a sign off things to come.

I can confirm that. Thursday and Friday I got a LTE signal went back Saturday afternoon and got nothing. Still has to be good news! 

I can confirm that. Thursday and Friday I got a LTE signal went back Saturday afternoon and got nothing. Still has to be good news! 

Nice.  Did you get it in the same spot or somewhere else in town?

Nice.  Did you get it in the same spot or somewhere else in town?

Same spot. Just before the exit for Oneida street. Had LTE Discovery running on the phone and it picked it up. Went back Friday and my phone automatically switched to 4g LTE  and I tried to do a speed test but was out of range too fast. Went driving on side streets Saturday but could not find a signal. Hopefully that means good things are coming sooner then later.  

Same spot. Just before the exit for Oneida street. Had LTE Discovery running on the phone and it picked it up. Went back Friday and my phone automatically switched to 4g LTE  and I tried to do a speed test but was out of range too fast. Went driving on side streets Saturday but could not find a signal. Hopefully that means good things are coming sooner then later.  

Exactly.  Good to know that at it at least confirms that work has been done, now it's all about the sites going live!

Thought I might let some people know getting 800 all around rapids now... I really need to cash in my change to become a sponsor lol xD