Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Guest tazman

I pulled into to work this morning and there are 4 - vehicles at the tower.  Went and talked to one of the workers and he said there arre there to active this cluster today.  Look like they are working there way from the north end of Wausau to the south.

This is the tower by Sunnyvale park.  Hwy 29 and S.72nd Ave in the Wausau West industrial park.

Guest tazman

I just hope that they aren't completed yet, I would like to see the tower on Rib Mountain and in Rothschild get LTE activated.

I just hope that they aren't completed yet, I would like to see the tower on Rib Mountain and in Rothschild get LTE activated.

I would like to see Ripon and green lake. Green lake I think would get a lot of people onto sprint. Especially if they are from Chicago where they currently have the most LTE..

Sent from my Awesome Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest tazman

I would like to see Ripon and green lake. Green lake I think would get a lot of people onto sprint. Especially if they are from Chicago where they currently have the most LTE..

Sent from my Awesome Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking the the guys working on the towers, they are so busy there don't know where to turn next.  I would hope that they get LTE on all of the towers other wise it would be a waste.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1

You have so much info at your disposal by being a sponsor and you think they are completed in the area, and you think that they aren't putting LTE on 99.9% of the sites? :rolleyes:

When they launch a market they aren't done yet. 

So I drove by that little area in Green Bay that picked up 4G last week, and while it didn't say "4G" this morning, I did a speed test and picked up what would be record 3G speeds for me.  I clocked 1.5mb.  Never seen that in Green Bay, usually I average between .3 and .7 mb.  Kind of interesting....

Guest tazman

Seen the site in Cedar Creek has had the new panels and base cabinets installed. And they have been starting to bring up clusters.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Great my house is between that tower and the tower on Rib Mountain.

• Like 1

Nothing in Rhinelander... drove through downtown today. Didn't see any NV equipment on the tower.

the only site up there has new panels and cabinets in place. Might be waiting on backhaul.

the only site up there has new panels and cabinets in place. Might be waiting on backhaul.

Guess I need to get better at spotting the NV setups. The one completed tower I've seen up close, near West Bend, didn't look like this one. I saw a set of the old thin panels and there was another set of bigger panels below it (9 I believe), but I thought that might be another carrier. Didn't notice any RRUs. Of course I was a passenger in the car and our main goal was not Sprint tower hunting so I didn't get as good of a view as I wanted :).

Does anyone out there have any news for Appleton / Fox valley? We get little to no data, a lot of dropped calls and pushed to the extended network. I'm trying to hold out but after the storms the other day and really needing data I think for safety as well as fun reasons I might pay the ETL and go with Verizon. If you reply thanks

Does anyone out there have any news for Appleton / Fox valley? We get little to no data, a lot of dropped calls and pushed to the extended network. I'm trying to hold out but after the storms the other day and really needing data I think for safety as well as fun reasons I might pay the ETL and go with Verizon. If you reply thanks

by the end of this year you should have most of the towers done.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Yeah, I with you that the wait is frustrating, especially since we're seeing much smaller cities starting to light up.  I live in Green Bay but work in Appleton so I'm interested both markets.

I think the good news is that we're starting to see more spots light up closer to us.  For example, both 10 minutes East and West of Green Bay are really lighting up.  Closer to Appleton, Freedom is starting to light up as well so I'm sure it will start to spread.

I'm getting LTE by Winneconne, and service by 76 and Jackson is moving faster.

I haven't had any dropped calls or data problems around Appleton though, aside from some minor slowdowns.

That storm did some damage, there may be towers down by you.

I'm getting LTE by Winneconne, and service by 76 and Jackson is moving faster.

I haven't had any dropped calls or data problems around Appleton though, aside from some minor slowdowns.

That storm did some damage, there may be towers down by you.