Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Any news in the Tomahawk area as far as how the updates are going? We have a cottage in the Little Rice/Lake Nokomis area and reception is terrible. I have to stand in the middle of our driveway in order to even make a call and half the time I can hear the other party fine, but they can't hear me. Even texts are delayed in getting to my phone.

Be fair, that whole area has a cell blocking spell on it. :P

I used to run that area daily for work and never had a phone work right from any carrier. Something to do with not allowing towers in most areas, and lack of backhaul availability.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I am pretty disappointed with the NV upgrades in Manitowoc. At my fiancé's apartment, I used to regularly have 4 to 5 bars of service with consistently fast data speeds. Since the acceptance of 3G and 800 in the area, I am stuck at 1 bar (-106 db) of 1x. Occasionally the 3G icon will show up representing EVDO but that rarely lasts for more than a couple seconds. Has this happened to anyone else?

Be fair, that whole area has a cell blocking spell on it. :P

I used to run that area daily for work and never had a phone work right from any carrier. Something to do with not allowing towers in most areas, and lack of backhaul availability.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I use Cellcom for "high speed" Internet when I am up there because I refuse to pay for satellite Internet and cable and DSL aren't available where our place is.

It is better than dial-up, but just barely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I feel even worse for Appleton, who has nothing popping up whatsoever.  Glad in Green Bay, we're at least getting some hints as to something going on.

Got 4G again at the corner of Ridge and Cormier at the Godfathers Pizza. 3.4 meg down and 600K up. Not fast but definitely 4G. Walked out to my car and it was gone. 

• Like 1

Got 4G again at the corner of Ridge and Cormier at the Godfathers Pizza. 3.4 meg down and 600K up. Not fast but definitely 4G. Walked out to my car and it was gone. 

Thanks for the update.  Man they just need to turn the switch to on and leave it there!  LOL

• Like 1

I can check in the correct forum but does any of this look like Sprint equipment?  This is at the Combined Locks site (just outside Appleton).  Lots of fiber pulled over the summer and now they are climbing and working on the antennas. Thanks

20130915_115116.jpg

20130916_160333.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been hearing complaints from family members that sound like the standard problems during NV upgrades in the West De Pere area. Anyone else in the area notice this?

It seems like it's the entire DePere area right now. I lost data completely in several spots around the area today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

This Note is a listing of every single Protection Site in America (work in progress) and a confirmation whether it is working or not. This note will be updated daily as information changes and/or is discovered. Do your part! If you live in or near one of the areas needing confirmation, confirm the signal and post results to Sensorly website via their Android app and post in this forum. Thanks!!!

Yes! I just mapped around Allouez. I guess they finally flipped the switch today!

I didn't clock anything that fast. Mine averaged 5 down and about that up. It does not seem to extend along east mason past the i43 overpass, nor does it reach the east side YMCA or festival/Menard's that is right off i43

It was considerably slower this morning then it was last night. Also, I was picking up in east DePere by the high school this morning too.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I want to cry. I live by the De Pere high school. I can pick up 4g on the east side of Jordan Rd. But the west side of the road, where I live, only 3G. I don't understand how the signal can literally cut off like that.

I want to cry. I live by the De Pere high school. I can pick up 4g on the east side of Jordan Rd. But the west side of the road, where I live, only 3G. I don't understand how the signal can literally cut off like that.

According to two Sprint employees I know, they're upgrading all 40 towers in the greater Green Bay area right now, so hopefully we won't be talking about cutoffs much longer.

It looks like some oif the 4g goodness might be starting to spread north soon too.  I was in the Arby's drive thru last night and picked up 4g, but didn't register any download/upload speed.  But probably a good sign that northern Green Bay will see some love soon.

• Like 1

I am currently at my parents house south of Main St in West De Pere / Ashwaubenon area and there is weak (1-2 bars) of LTE service available outside their house.  When you get inside it disappears, but its exciting that sites are actually going live in the GB area!! 

• Like 2

I am currently at my parents house south of Main St in West De Pere / Ashwaubenon area and there is weak (1-2 bars) of LTE service available outside their house.  When you get inside it disappears, but its exciting that sites are actually going live in the GB area!! 

Great news!  Definitely map it.  :)