Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Sorry about the grainy pic, ill get a better one soon. Can anyone tell which on here is Sprint and if so are they doing the update on the Sprint panels? If you look close, there is two guys up there.IMAG0001.jpg

The bottom rack appears to be Samsung Sprint NV equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

The bottom rack appears to be Samsung Sprint NV equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks, thats what i thought also, i'll get better pics of the equiptment in a little bit.

Well went back to the site to take more pice, but my camera was dead. I can confirm though by the boxes on the ground this is NV equiptment. I also seen the new Samsung boxes on the ground. Looks like they are almost done with the panel install as i also seen new coax coming down the tower, just not to the boxes yet. The Samsung boxes are running though so i assume it will be live soon.

Guest tazman

They are back working on the tower by HWY 29 and S. 72nd Avenue in Wausau.  I talked to the guys and they were install ing parts inside the building.  Looked like batteries or power supplies, they said that they were very heavy.

At least there is some movement but it is a very slow process, but at least some movement.

• Like 1

The Milwaukee market is supposed to be 75% done by October. The rest of Wisconsin should be close to the same plan. That isn't for sure though.

That's great to hear! At this point, I'll be happy if Green Bay is 25% done by October. Haha!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I see they turned on the 3g here signal went up and data speeds on evdo are holding around 2meg down. I was watching the signal change. Must have been adjusting the down tilt. LTE signal went down then back up. In Wausau.

:D

sent from my galaxy note 2

Looks like a Sensorly is showing a spot near Oneida on the map now.  This is great to see.  Hopefully this is one of many spots that will start to pop up soon.

I saw that too so that must mean the Oneida tower is broadcasting.  There is also a new 3G/4G complete tower in Seymour as of yesterday or today.

• Like 1

I saw that too so that must mean the Oneida tower is broadcasting.  There is also a new 3G/4G complete tower in Seymour as of yesterday or today.

Nice!  How did you get the info that there's a new tower?  Just wondering how I would go about finding this info for Green Bay and Appleton.  :)

Nice!  How did you get the info that there's a new tower?  Just wondering how I would go about finding this info for Green Bay and Appleton.  :)

If you become a sponsor, you get access to the maps that show the completed sites.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 1

If you become a sponsor, you get access to the maps that show the completed sites.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Nice!  I was only able to afford a donation of $10 at this time, but I look forward to checking out these maps!

• Like 1

Guest tazman

Guess I need to get a pay pal account so I can become a sponsor.

My wife was showing here coworker the LTE at work in downtown Wausau today, they were comparing the speed of Sprints LTE with CellCom's 3g.  CellCom always loaded the page faster, my wife has the iPhone5.  I told her that Sprint isn't complete with the LTE build out yet and it should get faster.(Hope I am right).

My coworker says that Sprints  LTE in Stevens Point is very fast.

I can say that the LTE I have seen in Milwaukee and Sheboygan is pretty fast. I also saw extremely fast LTE in Grand Rapids, MI: 19.54 Mbps down and 4.99 Mbps up. I'm hoping we will see these speeds everywhere once NV is complete.

I Just mapped that spot on sensorly. I was at the range and I looked at my phone and saw 4g I was excited tell I left the range and a mile down the road it was gone.