Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Tower in Wausau. Just took these pictures.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk HD

Okay, where in Wausua is this tower?  I was in the Wausau area yesterday, and I did not see anything in regards to LTE.

Guest tazman

Wausau is starting to get LTE, my wife's phone at work will pop in and out of LTE in downtown Wausau, not in Rib Mountain yet and the 3G seems to be much faster.  I am assuming this is a very good sign.  I thought we would be the last to get LTE.

Also the Sprint store told my co-woker that work on the towers in Wausau is going on and you will have some spotty service.

Guest tazman

Yes it is coming.  I noticed in the last 4 months my signal in my house has increased.  I have an Airave and haven't used it in the last 4 months.  I will need to return it, but i'm afraid when they get done with the tower work the signal will get worse.

I am in an overlap between (2) towers, the one at Rib Mountain and by Foremost.

Any thoughts should I return it or wait and see the proof in the pudding?

So I just got a text from Sprint that says "Green Bay, we're building a new network along with some info about how it will affect us".

Does this mean what I think it may mean!?!?!?!?!?!

Ah...sounds like a mass teaser text then, basically letting you know it's coming.

They could have at least said "Haha Green Bay, you're last!"  ;)

Well, the market is seeing a lot of work. It's only a matter of time before you start seeing spots of LTE showing up. When and where is hard to say since they work on each site as soon as everything is ready. There's no real order to the sites being worked on. 

• Like 1

I have lte here but it's slow from what I've seen from other posts. Hope they fix it soon.

Sent from my EVO using tapatalk HD

Is it actually slow? Or do you have a weak signal? You need to check your engineering screen before we can determine if something is actually wrong. 

Depending on how new the tower is it won't be that fast. A lot of towers seem to " break in" and get faster as time goes on. It also depends on the speed of the back haul. Out in the sticks I'm not surprised it's a little slower.

What kind of speeds are you seeing?

About 3 up and 4 down.

Sent from my EVO using tapatalk HD

It's possible something wasn't provisioned properly with the backhaul. I know there was an issue like this in the Wichita, KS area and Miami area, but it eventually resolved itself. I don't think we ever found out what the exact issue was.

Sorry about the grainy pic, ill get a better one soon. Can anyone tell which on here is Sprint and if so are they doing the update on the Sprint panels? If you look close, there is two guys up there.IMAG0001.jpg

Here is the link for tower info from American Tower. http://www.americantower.com/sitelocator/default.aspx

Its tower number 81861.

Edited by nowerlater