Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

I live in freedom and my signal is terrible. I lose 3G continuously my husband returned his iPhone 5 before his 30 days was up. Does Seymour have 3G? I was there in Seymour last Thursday and no 4g

My hunch is that there's a ton of work going on behind the scenes. In Green Bay, we had 4g for like 10 minutes, I'm losing 3g a lit in areas that used to have strong signal. I'm assuming that this is good news.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I live in freedom and my signal is terrible. I lose 3G continuously my husband returned his iPhone 5 before his 30 days was up. Does Seymour have 3G? I was there in Seymour last Thursday and no 4g

I'm not entirely convinced its the network. I have a Galaxy S3 and sn iPhone 5 on 2 seperate Sprint lines. My iPhone drops data at any hint of a wind gust. My s3 will hold it fine.

I've had 2 iPhone 5's and they both do this. My 4S never did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone out there have any news for Appleton / Fox valley? We get little to no data, a lot of dropped calls and pushed to the extended network. I'm trying to hold out but after the storms the other day and really needing data I think for safety as well as fun reasons I might pay the ETL and go with Verizon. If you reply thanks

When did these issues start? I don't live in Appleton, but I've visited it multiple times this year to play a cell phone based game that pretty much depends on a reliable 3G signal (Ingress), and noticed no signal issues in Appleton or Neenah. It's been a couple months since my last visit though, so there could be new issues I haven't been down there to notice yet.

If your issues are that severe, I would be concerned they are device or configuration related rather than network related, and may not be effected at all by network upgrades. You might want to check with a Sprint store and see if they can find any issues with your device that are effecting reception.

Just a thought,

Kevin

So I drove by that little area in Green Bay that picked up 4G last week, and while it didn't say "4G" this morning, I did a speed test and picked up what would be record 3G speeds for me.  I clocked 1.5mb.  Never seen that in Green Bay, usually I average between .3 and .7 mb.  Kind of interesting....

I drove past our spot on 172 and got 4G again on Saturday. Got a download test of 7.25 meg down but never completed the upload test. Drove around Sunday and at the corner of Ridge Road and Cormier road I got another 4G signal but would only download at 1.5 meg and a upload of .5 meg. But it was definitely 4G.

• Like 2

I drove past our spot on 172 and got 4G again on Saturday. Got a download test of 7.25 meg down but never completed the upload test. Drove around Sunday and at the corner of Ridge Road and Cormier road I got another 4G signal but would only download at 1.5 meg and a upload of .5 meg. But it was definitely 4G.

That's awesome!  I would think that's a good sign.

I drove past our spot on 172 and got 4G again on Saturday. Got a download test of 7.25 meg down but never completed the upload test. Drove around Sunday and at the corner of Ridge Road and Cormier road I got another 4G signal but would only download at 1.5 meg and a upload of .5 meg. But it was definitely 4G.

Drive by that spot today and nothing. It's like they're flipping a switch to mess with us. Lol

Drive by that spot today and nothing. It's like they're flipping a switch to mess with us. Lol

Have you driven by the tower just off Ridge that would probably be covering that area?  I saw a few weeks ago what appeared to be new antennas on the tower but it was raining and hard to see for sure at the time. 

Have you driven by the tower just off Ridge that would probably be covering that area? I saw a few weeks ago what appeared to be new antennas on the tower but it was raining and hard to see for sure at the time.

I haven't but will have a chance to on Wednesday.

That is exactly the behavior I saw in Algoma a couple weeks prior to LTE going live there. It's not that they are messing with you, it's that they are testing out and adjusting all the hardware, and don't want to leave it on until they completed all tests successfully.

I was at UWGB a couple days ago and I was still on 3G, and I have not seen LTE popping up on the far east side of GB yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was north of Wausau today. My phone was blinking in and out of LTE just south of the 51 Truck stop. Hope they get that tower up and running soon....

the site in Cedar Creek is 3g 800 and 4g complete.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I was in a Sprint store in Green Bay on Saturday and I was told that every tower in Green Bay is currently being worked on. Still said end of the year is the target completion date but that we should expect to see some LTE action pop up we before that.

What part of 172 was that again? And can you tell which direction it seems to be coming from?

it was actually gone today again. Lol.

But yesterday I picked up a signal heading east and it happened literally right on the bridge over the water. I also went into roaming on Webster St the other day so I wonder if the tower is over there.

Just caught a blip of LTE on my Netgear Hotspot in the Ashwaubenon Industrial Park near Packerland and Partnership. Did the PRL update and LTE showed up.  Speeds were ok at 3.24 down and .24 up. RSRP was -127 

Is it possible this is coming from the tower in Oneida? That seems awfully far.

Edited by spike331

Just caught a blip of LTE on my Netgear Hotspot in the Ashwaubenon Industrial Park near Packerland and Partnership. Did the PRL update and LTE showed up.  Speeds were ok at 3.24 down and .24 up. RSRP was -127 

Is it possible this is coming from the tower in Oneida? That seems awfully far.

Using google maps, I estimated your distance to that tower at about 6.5 miles.  If it is anything like a tower in Milwauke, that you can get a reliable connection from about 5.5 miles away (granted the signal travels over Lake Michigan), that could be the Oneida tower.  Then again downtilt and all of those other factors for each tower are unknown to us.  How strong was the signal?

Using google maps, I estimated your distance to that tower at about 6.5 miles.  If it is anything like a tower in Milwauke, that you can get a reliable connection from about 5.5 miles away (granted the signal travels over Lake Michigan), that could be the Oneida tower.  Then again downtilt and all of those other factors for each tower are unknown to us.  How strong was the signal?

It was a hotspot so I'm not sure how to tell. Rsrp was -127

I'm curious what is causing the progress in Brown county to be moving slower that the rest of the area.  Other parts of the market seem to have towers popping up quite regularly yet there are currently only 3 - 3G accepted sites in Brown county (near Denmark, New Franken, and Bayshore).

Obviously there is work being done already since there have been blips of LTE reported in Green Bay, it just suprises me how far progress is behind in Brown county compared to the rest of the North Wisconsin market. 

I'm curious what is causing the progress in Brown county to be moving slower that the rest of the area.  Other parts of the market seem to have towers popping up quite regularly yet there are currently only 3 - 3G accepted sites in Brown county (near Denmark, New Franken, and Bayshore).

Obviously there is work being done already since there have been blips of LTE reported in Green Bay, it just suprises me how far progress is behind in Brown county compared to the rest of the North Wisconsin market. 

I feel even worse for Appleton, who has nothing popping up whatsoever.  Glad in Green Bay, we're at least getting some hints as to something going on.

I heard from a sprint rep that they are working on a couple towers in appleton but as far as when it will start broadcasting no idea I kno the service down here is sporadic and in some spots down right atrocious but I have faith lol

• Like 1

Any news in the Tomahawk area as far as how the updates are going?  We have a cottage in the Little Rice/Lake Nokomis area and reception is terrible.  I have to stand in the middle of our driveway in order to even make a call and half the time I can hear the other party fine, but they can't hear me.  Even texts are delayed in getting to my phone.