Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I noticed some live LTE on Sensorly just SE of Fenton on Baker Rd near S. Holly Rd and Hickory Ridge Rd. I'll see if I can map the are tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed some live LTE on Sensorly just SE of Fenton on Baker Rd near S. Holly Rd and Hickory Ridge Rd. I'll see if I can map the are tomorrow.

That's me. I'm picking up the tower up on Belford/I-75 this far out. This part of Fenton and Holly is hilly and there is a huge bowl between me and points north. When my Airave is wonky, Netmonitor shows me hitting 3 towers in the Fenton area, 3 towers in the Holly area, Belford Rd/I-75 tower and E. Baldwin/US-23 tower.

Believe me, I got my eyes on a handful of towers plus I asked people to give me heads-up on a few towers nearby when anything is going down.

The only thing we got out this way is some fiber being buried in the vicinity of a tower on the northern side of the Fenton City limits (unconfirmed at this time it is intended for the tower) and a report from American Tower via a solid source that 4G work is being done at the tower located at NOCFA Station 3 (Rose Twp, Oakland County) but it was not indicated for which carrier.

I forgot to mention that I did drive through Fenton and Holly proper yesterday to see the extent of reach the lte signal from the Belford Rd tower had into those towns. My EVO lte's scan hung up on trying to lock on but it ultimately wouldn't. I may try to get up that way to map an area bounded by N Holly Rd, Baldwin and Dixie Hwy down to Grange Hall Rd.

Btw, that tower is located in a gravel pit and isn't readily accessible nor clearly visible from I-75 or Belford Rd.

There are a couple accepted sites that I have connected to in St. Clair County lately. My phone seems to connect to LTE without trouble, but then it stalls.

Could sprint be fine tuining the system, or "more likely" is this an issue with my EVO LTE? I'm running Mean Bean 3.09 Rom.

I have read of some of the issues with this phone, but when these towers went live, it seemed to work really well for me, and now not so much. At lease not without cycling airplane mode a few times first.

I have always been within a mile and had "decent" signal i thought. I have learned about the different signals (love this site) and i'm checking the right spot.

2013-03-11_09-53-16.png

There are a couple accepted sites that I have connected to in St. Clair County lately. My phone seems to connect to LTE without trouble, but then it stalls.

Could sprint be fine tuining the system, or "more likely" is this an issue with my EVO LTE? I'm running Mean Bean 3.09 Rom.

I have read of some of the issues with this phone, but when these towers went live, it seemed to work really well for me, and now not so much. At lease not without cycling airplane mode a few times first.

I have always been within a mile and had "decent" signal i thought. I have learned about the different signals (love this site) and i'm checking the right spot.

2013-03-11_09-53-16.png

Reading more about this phone and it's LTE performance kind of saddens me. I'm not the big Sammy fan like everyone else seems to be. They just feel light and plasticy to me. I'm even less of a Apple fan. I love the solid feel of HTC phones.

Wonder if I will have to pony up for the ONE! UGH

Reading more about this phone and it's LTE performance kind of saddens me. I'm not the big Sammy fan like everyone else seems to be. They just feel light and plasticy to me. I'm even less of a Apple fan. I love the solid feel of HTC phones.

Wonder if I will have to pony up for the ONE! UGH

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm concerned about the LTE performance and considering switching phones to an S4 or One, depending on what features the S4 has come Thursday. I agree with you though, the HTC phones have always had great build quality. My first issue was with my LTE screen going out after 6 months, which caused me to get a refurb.

Bay City is now listed as pre launch meaning there is some LTE showing up but I'm finding nothing. Midland and Saginaw are covered but has anyone seen anything in Bay City?

Sensorly shows it live along I-75 and US-10 in Monitor Twp. That looks like the Bay City market.

Bay City is now listed as pre launch meaning there is some LTE showing up but I'm finding nothing. Midland and Saginaw are covered but has anyone seen anything in Bay City?

That would be my map you're referencing. It's nothing official by any means, aside from the listing of cities that Sprint has announced. I run the "Pre-Launch" status mainly by looking at Sensorly. If it's close, I mark it. Sorry if you're not seeing anything yet. The Michigan market is moving pretty quickly. You should see something soon.

Can anyone confirm if the Dearborn tower is broadcasting LTE? I talked with my dad, who works around Oakwood & Southfield, and he couldn't pick up LTE on his S3, despite being outside and in a strong area (from the Sensorly map). I told him to cycle airplane mode, but it didn't help. Any other suggestions for an S3? I also told him to try updating his PRL.

Can anyone confirm if the Dearborn tower is broadcasting LTE? I talked with my dad, who works around Oakwood & Southfield, and he couldn't pick up LTE on his S3, despite being outside and in a strong area (from the Sensorly map). I told him to cycle airplane mode, but it didn't help. Any other suggestions for an S3? I also told him to try updating his PRL.

I can confirm dearborn tell him to turn airplane mode on and then off I have mapped out everything I could have in the dearborn market onto sensorly running :)