Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

nothing. El Paso and Albuquerque are spectrum constrained in the PCS blocks. That is why I keep telling you, if sprint is working for you now, switch. El Paso won't see significant improvement in speeds until later this year into next year. Just face that fact.

Edit: The only saving grace for ABQ is that Sprint is able to deploy band 26. Band 41 will be down in El Paso long before Band 26.

Sprint is also doing low key 4x MIMO deployment on 1900 LTE if your in a Ericsson market, should see around a 30% gain in signal performance. Will this help any?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Sprint is also doing low key 4x MIMO deployment on 1900 LTE if your in a Ericsson market, should see around a 30% gain in signal performance. Will this help any?

Yea it will help with signal strength but not really speeds. Hopefully the NGN project with small cells will help. There really isn't an answer to your issues. I would start submitting tickets and hopefully that they can identify where they need to add sites or small cells.
  • Like 2

nothing. El Paso and Albuquerque are spectrum constrained in the PCS blocks.  That is why I keep telling you, if sprint is working for you now, switch.  El Paso won't see significant improvement in speeds until later this year into next year. Just face that fact.

Edit: The only saving grace for ABQ is that Sprint is able to deploy band 26. Band 41 will be down in El Paso long before Band 26.

Sprint has some good markets that do not have B26, but they do have good site density for B41.  Good examples are Phoenix and  Corpus Christi.

Ya, appreciate the help... this should hold me over until we get the upgrades. Im checking permits weekly..i hope it's sooner then later !

Keep your eyes to the towers as well. You now know what to look for if they are adding an additional antennae for 4x2 mimo deployment. I haven't found it up here in ABQ even though there a lot of towers with two now.  

Also, I would check out the thread about spotting small cells. There are small cells for Band 25 and for Band 41.  Knowing what those look like may help you as well.

If sprint would just get B26 here for in town Alamogordo I think things would be much better. We have B26 at the Holloman AFB tower. But that is not helping here in town.

Can you post some pictures of the secondary antennae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

as of yesterday... the Network tends to drop down to 1x in many places all over town.. i Noticed it Yesterday at the a Movie theater, but now it's happening at my house and it happened on the east side of town.. it seemed to stay on 1x only... i wonder what that could be!!

6f6fa01323f80c86af633b6e1130cf52.jpg82c0383721f7804f0a63087c567b8709.jpg n

ow im just roaming... i wonder what sprint is doing??

You are dropping to roaming.  Who knows.

FYI, remember you have a roaming limit.  Mine is 300MB as I have an older plan. Don't want to be surprised.

If sprint would just get B26 here for in town Alamogordo I think things would be much better. We have B26 at the Holloman AFB tower. But that is not helping here in town.

Can you post some pictures of the secondary antennae.

How is it in alamagordo? Is is getting better?

How is it in alamagordo? Is is getting better?

Not yet. It is much better since they turned on B25. Our problem now is the network is congested. Peek times will get you less then a MB a lot of times. Even off peek will max out at less the 5/MB. I think B26 will help out once it is turned on.

• Like 2

Not yet. It is much better since they turned on B25. Our problem now is the network is congested. Peek times will get you less then a MB a lot of times. Even off peek will max out at less the 5/MB. I think B26 will help out once it is turned on.

Does sprint have a time frame for you... when you wil get b26?

band 26 helps out but not as much as you think it will. Coverage yes, capacity yes, enough capacity probably not if band 25 is already that bad in terms of capacity. You will need band 41.

Does sprint have a time frame for you... when you wil get b26?

about a year ago when i was on the phone with them. I was told the B41 and B26 were schedule to be done withing 180 days.. I knew at the time that that was not going to happen. I did talk to a crew supposedly doing the B26 upgrade. That was like six months ago. So i think they were misleading or did not know what they were doing.

band 26 helps out but not as much as you think it will. Coverage yes, capacity yes, enough capacity probably not if band 25 is already that bad in terms of capacity. You will need band 41.

Well the way I see it is anything will help, I am just wondering why they have not started any B41 upgrades in our market at all. Thought for sure El Paso would be seeing it by now

Well the way I see it is anything will help, I am just wondering why they have not started any B41 upgrades in our market at all. Thought for sure El Paso would be seeing it by now

That nasty rootmetrics report for that city should have brought it to sprints attention. Im sure they know but now maybe el paso will be a little higher on the priority list.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk