Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Do you see anything out of the ordinary on the tower or is it just standard been 25 equipment

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Standard dual band antenna, just with the SMR portion unused. One antenna and RRU per sector.

Sent from my LG G4

3ef3fa41226ec9267dd71da8661fe50e.jpg another one of these beneath it?

Not sure what you are trying to say. The tier beneath the Sprint antenna is not Sprint. Nothing Sprint related will be added there since it is leased by a different company. The Band 41 antenna will be added on the same level as the Sprint antenna.

So no indicatinon future upgrades?

There is no indication of future upgrades because you will not see anything until the upgrade happens. Just looking at the tower gives absolutely no information in regards to it's upgrade status in the future.

• Like 1

This performance does not surprise me. It is difficult for a tower or sector to get congested as everyone is moving along the highway.

In this scenario yes... the highway is less crowded... commuting from the east to the west side of el pason on interstate 10 forget it.... i can't even stream Pandora!

In this scenario yes... the highway is less crowded... commuting from the east to the west side of el pason on interstate 10 forget it.... i can't even stream Pandora!

Again doesn't surprise me. 

Like I have said before, if Sprint isn't cutting it, perhaps it is time to look for a different carrier. 

Has anyone seen any upgrades so far? Sprint executive team said... " in the first half of 2016,we ramp up upgrades after having such a good Quarter"....

I have seen upgrades but I am not in your market.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

Did they announce this or what the roaming agreements modified?

Sprint didn't, but when someone here analyzed the latest PRL, that person (I forgot who) noted that a lot of Verizon EVDO roaming was added for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint didn't, but when someone here analyzed the latest PRL, that person (I forgot who) noted that a lot of Verizon EVDO roaming was added for everyone.

Interesting as well, ATT has applied for at least 12 permits to towers they are on. I searched via Google Maps and all of the towers are either colocated with TMo, Sprint or Verizon. Each of those entities has the newest equipment up there (with the except of sprint band 41). Seems like ATT is going to be getting a capacity/speed boost with Band 30 here?

Interesting as well, ATT has applied for at least 12 permits to towers they are on. I searched via Google Maps and all of the towers are either colocated with TMo, Sprint or Verizon. Each of those entities has the newest equipment up there (with the except of sprint band 41). Seems like ATT is going to be getting a capacity/speed boost with Band 30 here?

Very well could be! I've noticed Verizon and T-Mobile have both been densifying heavily at least on the east side of town.

Sprint has a lot of catching up to do in Albuquerque!!! T mobile and verizon have there enhanced LTE there.... idk what at&t is calling there enhanced LTE....

Sprint has a lot of catching up to do in Albuquerque!!! T mobile and verizon have there enhanced LTE there.... idk what at&t is calling there enhanced LTE....

I wouldn't say they have wideband yet. My experience on Sprint isn't that different to my work Verizon hotspot. 

All Tmo has is 15x15 which was the speed winner in the last round in Rootmetrics testings and Verizon has only the B13 10x10 and B4 15x15. 

As far as I know from the Spectrum databases, the spectrum in those bands is it for Tmo and Verizon. Only expansion would be elimation of HSPA+ in B2 for TMO and refarm the 800 Cellular for Verizon. Also, Verizon only owns a 5x5 slice of 1900 in most of NM.