Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

about a year ago when i was on the phone with them. I was told the B41 and B26 were schedule to be done withing 180 days.. I knew at the time that that was not going to happen. I did talk to a crew supposedly doing the B26 upgrade. That was like six months ago. So i think they were misleading or did not know what they were doing.

Yes, i had a time frame for both as well at the beginning of last year! 6 months, but then it went to TBD and not scheduled. A friend of mine was saying," at this moment sprint's main focus are the bigger markets".. Chicago, Kansas city, vegas and austin etc... so, here in a bit im assuming sprint won't have anymore estimated time frames.. it will get there when it does type of slogan... same as T mobile they don't have estimated time frames...

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

That nasty rootmetrics report for that city should have brought it to sprints attention. Im sure they know but now maybe el paso will be a little higher on the priority list.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's what im saying... the slowest download in the whole country...it's almost embarrassing! Can't really do much on the network

That's what im saying... the slowest download in the whole country...it's almost embarrassing! Can't really do much on the network

I get less than 1 mbps all the time. I know what you are going through. They are progressing though. They will get there eventually. Til then if you are on Sprint I would look at other options until the problem is corrected.

That nasty rootmetrics report for that city should have brought it to sprints attention. Im sure they know but now maybe el paso will be a little higher on the priority list.

Honest opinion... from you..... if the average speed is that slow... band 26 wouldn't do anything to help out here.. correct?

Honest opinion... from you..... if the average speed is that slow... band 26 wouldn't do anything to help out here.. correct?

It will help. But it may not be a huge improvement. Just depends on how large the market share is. 

Im not in your market to say for sure but based on my experiences when band 41 is not present in a market they start to use band 26 for capacity. It helps a little but when most networks are already using 50-80mhz of spectrum and Sprint in your case is only using 10mhz another 10mhz will likely not do to much because the congestion is so out of control that they would need 40mhz just to see a big difference. Here in my city 3G is often faster than LTE until night time or in the suburb parts of town.

• Like 1

It will help. But it may not be a huge improvement. Just depends on how large the market share is.

Yes, virgin mobile, boost mobile and sprint... are used here a lot...lower income city.... the ppl look for cheaper deals. The people that travel across the border mostly use virgin mobile and boost mobile

Im not in your market to say for sure but based on my experiences when band 41 is not present in a market they start to use band 26 for capacity. It helps a little but when most networks are already using 50-80mhz of spectrum and Sprint in your case is only using 10mhz another 10mhz will likely not do to much because the congestion is so out of control that they would need 40mhz just to see a big difference. Here in my city 3G is often faster than LTE until night time or in the suburb parts of town.

Same here... my buddy said... if sprint does the load balancing correctly it would help.... to were b26 covers the ppl inside and b25 covera the people outside

Same here... my buddy said... if sprint does the load balancing correctly it would help.... to were b26 covers the ppl inside and b25 covera the people outside

Yes but thats rarely the case when they have no band 41 deployed. We know the other 3 carriers in el paso are using at least 40-80mhz of frequency. Will 20mhz and a large customer base really work? I dont think so. I think people over value a 5x5 network. Its just there for coverage but not capacity.

Yes but thats rarely the case when they have no band 41 deployed. We know the other 3 carriers in el paso are using at least 40-80mhz of frequency. Will 20mhz and a large customer base really work? I dont think so.

U are right.... but even verizon the only carrier here who has launched there enhanced LTE.... is starting to really struggle in this market...compared to when it was first launched...so im sure they probably need more for capacity..

U are right.... but even verizon the only carrier here who has launched there enhanced LTE.... is starting to really struggle in this market...compared to when it was first launched...so im sure they probably need more for capacity..

El paso in general likely needs more towers from all carriers.

What are could they be adding?

They are changing panels to a 6 sector set up. believe they are using Ericsson. I dont know the specifics though. They have done this all over my market in the past 10 months

They are changing panels to a 6 sector set up. believe they are using Ericsson. I dont know the specifics though. They have done this all over my market in the past 10 months

So, its not for enhancements just a replacement

So, its not for enhancements just a replacement

Oh not there are improvments that come with these new panels and ruus. I believe CA support is one of them.

Oh not there are improvments that come with these new panels and ruus. I believe CA support is one of them.

Ohh alright.. so, in order words verizon is making the network future proof. So, unless any of the other carriers invests heavily in this market, verizon will be number 1 here for a long time.

Ohh alright.. so, in order words verizon is making the network future proof. So, unless any of the other carriers invests heavily in this market, verizon will be number 1 here for a long time.

Sprint could catch up. But I wouldn't bank on that anytime soon.

Sprint could catch up. But I wouldn't bank on that anytime soon.

Honestly, from reading and conversatin in all the other forums. I don't see sprint doing anything here until the end of 2018.

Honestly, from reading and conversatin in all the other forums. I don't see sprint doing anything here until the end of 2018.

NOOO idea where you're getting that. Try not to spew negative speculation like that. You WILL see some investments this year, as early as this summer. Exactly how much is unclear.

NOOO idea where you're getting that. Try not to spew negative speculation like that. You WILL see some investments this year, as early as this summer. Exactly how much is unclear.

Heard that as well, but it is unclear to what the investment will be. Will it be actual upgrades will it be just getting the tower ready for the upgrades... who knows! Now if you are sure about that then ill take your word for it.

I wouldn't say that late. This year there will definitely be improvements. Question is how much and how soon?