Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Driving I 80 and seen the 4G light up near the Vacaville outlets. So sexy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I lived in Vacaville for 7 years. It's a pretty nice suburban town. And LTE makes it even better. The last time I was there was Fall 2009, and I ate a BBQ joint there called, "Hand Me a Rib." I still laugh about the name of that place.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

LTE is now live all throughout downtown San Rafael on 4th street, and onto the outskirts of San anselmo. I would assume that several sites have recently gone live around San Rafael and San anselmo.

• Like 2

Not sure if it is NV related or not, but i have lost all 3G service today in Concord near Fry's, where i never have 3G issues. Only 1X and roaming for data. Either a precursor to work starting on a tower or just a bad day. I'm hoping against the latter.

Judging by lack of any new towers in SF and peninsula showing up on sensorly, my fear of slow progress has been confirmed. The "Current Production Rate Completion" date was just updated from June 2013 to May 2014 on the Deployment Running List page. (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/)

Also, no progress in terms of "Sites Complete" has been made between 2.5 weeks of Mon, Nov 12 and Wed, Nov 29th in San Jose markets and SF markets. *sigh* :( :( :( :( :(

I'll try to stay optimistic and hope that there's lots of work in progress that will all get lit up in the next few weeks, but grrr...

Just because it was slow the last 2 weeks does not mean that progress will continue that way. Since Hurricane Sandy, crews of lineman have been pulled from jobs to go assist the east coast. Replacing EXISTING cell towers or restoring power to millions in the dark on the eastern seaboard. Which do you think has a higher priority? Unless we continue to get hit by monster hurricanes, less crews will be needed on the east coast and I imagine production rates will increase for NV.

Just recently found out you can search online for San Francisco building permits on this site:

http://dbiweb.sfgov....ApplicantSearch

If you type in Sprint as the applicant name and hit the "Building Permits" button, you can actually see many of the sites sprint will be upgrading and their current permitting status.

Most of the permits I've seen are "Issued," however there are still a few that are being reviewed by the city.

This is the sort of description of the work a typical permit will have:

REMOVE 3 (E) SPRINT PANEL ANTENNAS. INSTALLED 3 NEW PANEL ANTENNAS INSIDE CHURCH STEEPLE. INSTALL 6 RRUS AT ANTENNAS. REPLACE 2 EQUIPMENT CABINETS WITH 2 NEW EQUIPMENT CABINETS INSIDE EQUIPMENT ROOM IN BASEMENT

• Like 5

Just recently found out you can search online for San Francisco building permits on this site:

http://dbiweb.sfgov....ApplicantSearch

If you type in Sprint as the applicant name and hit the "Building Permits" button, you can actually see many of the sites sprint will be upgrading and their current permitting status.

Most of the permits I've seen are "Issued," however there are still a few that are being reviewed by the city.

This is the sort of description of the work a typical permit will have:

REMOVE 3 (E) SPRINT PANEL ANTENNAS. INSTALLED 3 NEW PANEL ANTENNAS INSIDE CHURCH STEEPLE. INSTALL 6 RRUS AT ANTENNAS. REPLACE 2 EQUIPMENT CABINETS WITH 2 NEW EQUIPMENT CABINETS INSIDE EQUIPMENT ROOM IN BASEMENT

Nice find. I always like to see the details as well.

Just finished large patch of 880 from Albany to almost Dumbarton bridge. Now about 90% of my commute from berkeley to mountain view is now covered by lte. Sprint says I'm using more lte then 3g.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just had a "WHAT?" moment on my way back to work (880/Brokaw area in San Jose).

I map with Sensorly every day, and this is the first time I've seen it here (this wasn't here an hour ago!)

It's uploaded here: http://sensorly.com/...%20ave,%2095131

More to come after work!

Sigh.. been unable to reconnect in that area despite passing by another 3-4 times and sitting in traffic for ages :(

Someone plotted (in Sunnyvale) Fremont Ave @ Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd and I knew that had to be a new tower.

Drove around the Fremont High area for 15 minutes and couldn't find anything... then I looked at the site maps to find the other nearby tower, and ended up driving circles around most of the Braly Park neighborhood and the CVS shopping center.

There goes an hour and a half.

Sensorly:

screenshot before

screenshot after

post-983-0-40198500-1354946349_thumb.png

• Like 2