Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Hey guys,

I'll be flying in to SFO tomorrow to spend the weekend in the Napa area.

How is the deployment progresing in Napa?

In the Bronx where i'm from LTE has been steadily growing but the signal has been sporadic at best.

Discoverable on some days and non existent on others.

Hey guys,

I'll be flying in to SFO tomorrow to spend the weekend in the Napa area.

How is the deployment progresing in Napa?

In the Bronx where i'm from LTE has been steadily growing but the signal has been sporadic at best.

Discoverable on some days and non existent on others.

About 1/3 of the sites in the Napa Valley are live with LTE. However, almost all of them have 3G upgrades complete, and they should be live.

You will find you drive from SFO will go in and out of LTE the whole way. There is more coverage going through Marin on 101 than going 80/29 through Richmond/Vallejo.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

About 1/3 of the sites in the Napa Valley are live with LTE. However, almost all of them have 3G upgrades complete, and they should be live.

You will find you drive from SFO will go in and out of LTE the whole way. There is more coverage going through Marin on 101 than going 80/29 through Richmond/Vallejo.

That's good news.

Though it's a longer ride I wanted to take the Golden Gate route so that works out perfect.

• Like 1

That's good news.

Though it's a longer ride I wanted to take the Golden Gate route so that works out perfect.

I worked in Napa for three years. I flew in at least every other week. I used SFO, OAK, SJC and SMF. Once even STS (Santa Rosa) when I came from Seattle.

In all of it, my favorite drive was the SFO to Downtown Napa drive through Marin and Sonoma. You can even drive through SFO up Hwy 1 through Golden Gate Park and Presidio pretty easy between 9 am - 3:30 pm on weekdays. On the weekend, it's easy too.

• Like 2

Is backhaul upgraded on 3G completed sites?

Is backhaul upgraded on 3G completed sites?

Yes. Not every 3G cluster is live, but most of them are. There aren't any 3G NV sites live in SFO proper, yet. But there are lots of them in Marin, Sonoma and Napa counties.

• Like 1

I worked in Napa for three years. I flew in at least every other week. I used SFO, OAK, SJC and SMF. Once even STS (Santa Rosa) when I came from Seattle.

In all of it, my favorite drive was the SFO to Downtown Napa drive through Marin and Sonoma. You can even drive through SFO up Hwy 1 through Golden Gate Park and Presidio pretty easy between 9 am - 3:30 pm on weekdays. On the weekend, it's easy too.

I'm sure the wife will appreciate the scenic ride.

The flight lands in the early afternoon so I should be ok.

Lots of others might have the same weekend getaway idea like i did so that may influence traffic some what.

I'm used to NYC traffic so i'm sure I can handle it, plus i'm on vacation so i'll be a lot more mellow.

Thanks for the info.

Yes. Not every 3G cluster is live, but most of them are. There aren't any 3G NV sites live in SFO proper, yet. But there are lots of them in Marin, Sonoma and Napa counties.

I find upgraded 3g adequate for most things I do on my cell phone, except for streaming videos via Plex.

Late to the party and they brought nothing but trolls. Apparently DL speed tells the whole story about LTE performance, at least that's what the comments would suggest.

Ohhh, you lucky bastards. Went to SF this past weekend to visit inlaws. Their house doesn't have LTE yet, but down in their half of Golden Gate Park and even on Irving. 24 mbps. It was glorious. Netflix was noticeably better than my home wifi (I only get a claimed 12 and usually a decent bit less than that when I run a speed test).

Gives me hope for when it finally comes to Sacramento. That's all I really want right now. Just hope and signs of progress. I can wait if I've got hope and signs of progress.

• Like 1

Just south of sfo on 101 in now complete. The circle is almost completely done. Excellent. But wow what a slow week in terms of accepted updates in sf and south bay. I guess the grind begins.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just south of sfo on 101 in now complete. The circle is almost completely done. Excellent.

I started commuting from SJ to Millbrae last week. Usually 101, but sometimes 280 and sometimes Caltrain. But always Sensorly ;)

• Like 1

Today at Alameda High School there was a crew working on a site. I'm not sure if they were for Verizon or Sprint but I saw a truck filled with huge Ericson boxes and I believe the SF Bay is a Samsung market if I'm not mistaken. The whole day my Blackberry (iPhone shattered recently) has gone from 1XEV to 1X to 1x the whole day which I'd assume they were working a Sprint site and not a Verizon one because I wouldn't have been effected. Anyway they were adding what I imagine was the backhall (large black cables) when I left the area so hopefully LTE soon!! :tu:

Bay area is a Samsung market. Ericcsson markets are nowhere near the west coast. They're mainly in the east. West coast is all Alcatel-Lucent and Samsung. Ericsson does work for ATT so it's probably ATT adding additional LTE coverage.

Today at Alameda High School there was a crew working on a site. I'm not sure if they were for Verizon or Sprint but I saw a truck filled with huge Ericson boxes and I believe the SF Bay is a Samsung market if I'm not mistaken. The whole day my Blackberry (iPhone shattered recently) has gone from 1XEV to 1X to 1x the whole day which I'd assume they were working a Sprint site and not a Verizon one because I wouldn't have been effected. Anyway they were adding what I imagine was the backhall (large black cables) when I left the area so hopefully LTE soon!! :tu:

Isn't Alameda decently covered?

Isn't Alameda decently covered?

Yeah it's okay and actually a little better in some areas but I think 800 SMR will really help once that's deployed because some buildings are from the early 20th century, so their too thick for Sprint, well until Network Vision is done. I thought it was Sprint only because once I saw the crew I was only on 1X the whole day but I've grown used to it.

I guess the grind begins.

Dear god no, not the grind PLEASE :(

Well anyways, portola district has towers everywhere around it EXCEPT actually in it, constant 2 bars everywhere there :(

Seem the peninsula is getting some upgrades. There is now coverage in Menlo Park, CA with 4g LTE. I almost thought my phone was broken till I ran some speed tests. I'll map it with sensorly a bit later today.

• Like 1

9u6ebavy.jpg

Almost cried when I saw that my phone has finally found the elusive LTE! This was just at the Whipple Rd exit in Union City.

• Like 4

Almost cried when I saw that my phone has finally found the elusive LTE! This was just at the Whipple Rd exit in Union City.

Awesome! I have some friends around there that would really like that. Does that tower cover Union Landing?