Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Did you guys map this on sensorly?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Come on broski. This isn't tmo4gru. This is the big leagues where sensorly is standard operating procedure when we encounter LTE.

• Like 1

Come on broski. This isn't tmo4gru. This is the big leagues where sensorly is standard operating procedure when we encounter LTE.

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at...but I got a chuckle out of it. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Connected a little more of 101 from San Mateo to belmont. Now at the mall in Milpitas and get good lte. There's a rogue purple dot near the water. Gps must've been off cause that was me too i think but I was on highway the whole time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

south bay freeway colored in purple now.

I guess that was me. ;) Went up 237 to 101 to 92, and then back down via 280.

Got my best speed ever so far at 101N to 92W - see attached.

Results are still uploading though.. I accidentally uploaded 2000-3000 points a few hours ago, when I was on my portable hotspot and portable battery. Just got home (I try to upload only at home.)

Connected a little more of 101 from San Mateo to belmont. Now at the mall in Milpitas and get good lte.

We keep crossing the same paths or something :P

post-983-0-90253500-1350778686_thumb.png

• Like 1

I see you got some lte in mountain view on 101. I checked the same spot yesterday and nothing. I'm gonna be working right near there starting next week so I hope it stays on.

Hope since San Mateo bridge is closed this weekend it might go live on Monday too.

Next I'll need Berkeley. Thanks sprint. :-)

I guess that was me. ;) Went up 237 to 101 to 92, and then back down via 280.

Got my best speed ever so far at 101N to 92W - see attached.

Results are still uploading though.. I accidentally uploaded 2000-3000 points a few hours ago, when I was on my portable hotspot and portable battery. Just got home (I try to upload only at home.)

We keep crossing the same paths or something :P

Yeah I actually got good lte INSIDE the mall. That's the best lte I've gotten indoors so far. You can see some fainter dots inside that purple semi circle you made. Not near the theater though.

Added more 237 towards 101 side.

I wish that sprint would put more priority towards along caltrain and rail lines rather than over highways. I can easily use the extra bandwidth on the train, but if I'm driving, 3G is fine for Waze and SoundCloud. I'm sure it's a matter of weeks before both are covered, but just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Added more 237 towards 101 side.

I wish that sprint would put more priority towards along caltrain and rail lines rather than over highways. I can easily use the extra bandwidth on the train, but if I'm driving, 3G is fine for Waze and SoundCloud. I'm sure it's a matter of weeks before both are covered, but just my 2 cents.

The deployment order is less Sprint being choosy, but more about which sites are ready and able for upgrade. Is the upgraded backhaul ready? Is the equipment delivered and ready for install? Is the permitting from the State, County and local municipality ready?

Samsung has been given both the SF Bay and South Bay markets to work on. Crews go work on the very next ready site. Not the one Sprint thinks is the niftiest.

Robert

• Like 1

The deployment order is less Sprint being choosy, but more about which sites are ready and able for upgrade. Is the upgraded backhaul ready? Is the equipment delivered and ready for install? Is the permitting from the State, County and local municipality ready?

Samsung has been given both the SF Bay and South Bay markets to work on. Crews go work on the very next ready site. Not the one Sprint thinks is the niftiest.

Robert

Hmm... in that case maybe there's just more Sensorly users on 101 than other areas. :)

Hmm... in that case maybe there's just more Sensorly users on 101 than other areas. :)

There are. There are much more traffic on arterial streets and freeways, thus more Sprint LTE customers and more Sensorly app users.

Robert

High five to whoever mapped De Anza Blvd down to 85, and 85 more south of 280. Looks like someone mapped Kifer too.

At this point it's just a matter of (1) knowing which towers are on, mapping areas around them, and (2) discovering towers that just turned on. Speed isn't as amazing to me anymore, I just want more coverage!

Every day I irrationally wish for LTE to magically turn on on all existing towers.

• Like 1

I did some great highway and skyline Blvd today. It's beautiful out there. First time for me. Zoo looks like it has great coverage for the giraffes. :)

Also had great signal in the target in Colma towards the back near the electronics.

Also in the Holy Cross cemetery where Joe dimaggios grave is.

I was all over the place today.

• Like 2

I managed to get my FIRST 4G signal ever yesterday, on the 280 connector between 101 north and the ball park. On the northbound, so under the road above. Couldn't do much with it, and it wasn't there on my return a few hours later. Odd, and sensorly didn't pick it up as a 4G signal.

Took 880 from Montague to Union City.. looks like some tower(s) near Auto Mall Pkwy/Cushing Pkwy turned on.

Also, I'm not really sure how I got LTE on 880 from Montague to Tasman.. it wasn't there on my way back down.. will have to investigate later.

• Like 1

I haven't seen much expansion is this market for the last two weeks. It used to be that you could find new towers weekly, but hard to say if work is done to prep more towers or if people and equipment have been sent to help out LA and other markets.

I haven't seen much expansion is this market for the last two weeks. It used to be that you could find new towers weekly, but hard to say if work is done to prep more towers or if people and equipment have been sent to help out LA and other markets.

In the South Bay, I can name 5 towers that I swear weren't on a week ago.