Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I don't know if anybody else has been by them, but I haven't been by any of the two towers that may service Woodmere to know if any upgrades have been done.  All that is known now is they are not broadcasting LTE yet.

I may detour to them tomorrow and see if anything was done yet.

But depending on where exactly in Woodmere you're located in, you should connect to one of the towers along Barataria while standing outside. 

On the Destrahan side heading toward Lafitte/Larosse Highway.  

Thanks Dem_Bone.  Will try in the morning and see if I can pick up a signal outside.  

Stupid question but how can I tell which tower I am connecting to?

Edited by bish0p

On digiblurs signature (post above your first question), the first link will tell you how to access your engineering screen. 

We can tell which tower by the info you get from there.  

We have a full spreadsheet that we keep a track of the info but you need to be a sponsor to have access to it.   If interested he has a link on becoming a sponsor as well in his signature.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while,  so are they still strengthening the 4g here or is there a period of stopage ??

There's been a few here or there as you can probably see on Sensorly.com but in the past month we have noticed the recent sites all seem to have issues with LTE not allowing the device to connect properly.  Combined with sites that have going down requiring repairs it probably seems like there has been a stoppage or even a backwards momentum in some areas.

• 4 weeks later...

on 8-20-13 at 8:17 PM logged ping 66ms, download 24.94Mbps, Upload 8.53Mbps on Sprint LTE at

3614 Robinson St. in Metairie, La.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot.jpg

Good speeds. Any idea which site you are getting this from?

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE using Tapatalk 4

Good speeds. Any idea which site you are getting this from?

The lat. and lon. on his screencap actually brings it to Robertson St. 

That would be from  Russell's Cleaners by Arnoult Rd. Literally right in front of the tower.

that reading was in front of the tower on Robinson St.

I am checking speeds and LTE rf output levels at the towers around me.

There is a tower on Airline near Williams that is 1.2 miles from my QTH. I am located on 3rd Street adjacent to the levee. ( I guess I am not supposed to give tower number or exact location?) This my nearest LTE tower. The LTE signal level varies from -106 to -119.  There are two large birds nests on the tower. One nest has sticks that are between the radio and the antenna panel with sticks going into the panel. I suspect that the sticks in the panel are reducing the signal to some extent. This is on the sector facing my QTH. Have been attempting to get them removed for several weeks with many promises but no results

Ericcson has gone to the site several times and I believe that they have raised the rf output. I read -48db across the street from the tower on the LTE signal. Got a download the the 30g range.

I wonder what is the maximum rf out signal that anyone has seen on the 1900 LTE?????

that reading was in front of the tower on Robinson St.

I am checking speeds and LTE rf output levels at the towers around me.

There is a tower on Airline near Williams that is 1.2 miles from my QTH. I am located on 3rd Street adjacent to the levee. ( I guess I am not supposed to give tower number or exact location?) This my nearest LTE tower. The LTE signal level varies from -106 to -119.  There are two large birds nests on the tower. One nest has sticks that are between the radio and the antenna panel with sticks going into the panel. I suspect that the sticks in the panel are reducing the signal to some extent. This is on the sector facing my QTH. Have been attempting to get them removed for several weeks with many promises but no results

Ericcson has gone to the site several times and I believe that they have raised the rf output. I read -48db across the street from the tower on the LTE signal. Got a download the the 30g range.

I wonder what is the maximum rf out signal that anyone has seen on the 1900 LTE?????

Not out here you're not supposed to give tower numbers. Sense you are a sponsor you can spill all the beans in the sponsor area where we say everything.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/

And actually at such a strong signal like -48 you probably aren't going to get good results, kills the multiple spatial streams that LTE requires and many other things.  Kind of like sticking your ear up to a megaphone and having someone talk into it.  You're probably not going to have a pleasant conversation.

at my location often get down of 0.7 and up of 3.0

do u think high rf out at that tower is the problem?

any idea on design specs for rf out on the LTE?

at my location often get down of 0.7 and up of 3.0

do u think high rf out at that tower is the problem?

any idea on design specs for rf out on the LTE?

I would recommend using actual English punctuation, capitalization of words, etc when writing.  Many people, including myself will simply skip over your messages since it is hard to read and screams uneducated in the use of the English language itself.

Now with all that, being said, there are many factors that affect the LTE speed, signal, loading, internet site, etc.  Could you post LTE engineering screenshots of when the speeds are slow? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Since this thread doesn't get any "love" since most of us post in the NOLA Sponsor thread I thought I would go ahead and post a bit of info for the NOLA Market lurkers out there:

NOLA Market Completion Estimates:

RRU Installs - 7/28/2014

3G Accepted - 10/15/2019

4G Accepted - 5/17/2014

1x800 Accepted - 5/28/2103 (not a typo)

CHART_NOLA_RRU_NOV2013.png

CHART_NOLA_3G_NOV2013.pngCHART_NOLA_4G_NOV2013.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm attempting to locate new sites in my area (Bristol, TN/VA and surrounding areas) two sites I have done (site 1) serving cells 100, 269, and 438, site (2) serving cells 62, 231, and 400 (not going to give out any site id's here)...now what is confusing I'm picking up serving cell 45 at home but fades away as I attempt to track it down the signal is pretty weak as it is when I am getting it at home (-114dB) assuming this is correct it would be serving cell 45, 214, and 383.  Problem is I haven't come across a 214 or 383...any ideas?

I'm attempting to locate new sites in my area (Bristol, TN/VA and surrounding areas) two sites I have done (site 1) serving cells 100, 269, and 438, site (2) serving cells 62, 231, and 400 (not going to give out any site id's here)...now what is confusing I'm picking up serving cell 45 at home but fades away as I attempt to track it down the signal is pretty weak as it is when I am getting it at home (-114dB) assuming this is correct it would be serving cell 45, 214, and 383.  Problem is I haven't come across a 214 or 383...any ideas?

Did you mean to put this in the New Orleans thread?

I didn't mean to put this in the NO thread....(brain fart)....but if you guys could help it would be much appreciated, after all both markets are in the Ericsson service area.

Go south young man... Go south. Lol

You could be picking up a tower in testing right now. I had to watch a couple sites like that close to my home and it was blocking me from using any data

You can try looking at the completed site map and look for any that may be accepted south of your home.

Sent from my Lil White Galaxy

Hi  I am kind of new here signed up awhile back but never posted  but I have a question regarding the engineering screen

As you can see in my img...   post-26216-0-11935100-1386084931_thumb.png

I am connected to Band 25 (1900?) Sprint said that  800Mhz LTE  was turned on   on a tower on Sam Jones LN  in Somerset KY 42501   which I am about 1.35 miles from the tower   if 800Mhz is turned on shouldn't the band say 26?  or 25, 26?   I didn't read thru the 100 some odd pages  so if this question has been asked  I do appologize

Hi I am kind of new here signed up awhile back but never posted but I have a question regarding the engineering screen

As you can see in my img... engineering screen.PNG

I am connected to Band 25 (1900?) Sprint said that 800Mhz LTE was turned on on a tower on Sam Jones LN in Somerset KY 42501 which I am about 1.35 miles from the tower if 800Mhz is turned on shouldn't the band say 26? or 25, 26? I didn't read thru the 100 some odd pages so if this question has been asked I do appologize

If you were on 800 LTE it would show band 26.

Ya I called Sprint about this  and  the guy said the tower hasn't been upgraded to 800Mhz for LTE  but  800Mhz for voice. has however  coverage has not improved so i'm just wondering if they are on crack LOL or just don't know what they are talking about

Ya I called Sprint about this  and  the guy said the tower hasn't been upgraded to 800Mhz for LTE  but  800Mhz for voice. has however  coverage has not improved so i'm just wondering if they are on crack LOL or just don't know what they are talking about

Well it is tricky to connect to 800 mhz voice unless you have a 800 prioritized prl installed. Otherwise you probably won't connect to 800 voice unless you are on the fringe of the signal area from that site.

Were you somehow able to get the Droid DNA on Sprint? Your device on your profile says DNA and I didn't think that was a Sprint device.