Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Anyone having issues with LTE? I work out in belle chasse and it does not connect anymore near Engineers Road. I also carpool to work and on the way to work I noticed I was not getting any LTE on the I-10 to New Orleans. I called Sprint yesterday and she mentioned they were upgrading towers in my area, but I am sure it can't be every tower. Even did a hard reset and still having LTE trouble.

Triband device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm on phone with a technician  shes saying they thinks its a network issue.... but is any other sprint user having these same problems?  Phone keeps saying roaming, not roaming,  wont connect to 3g now .... basically the phone is now a paper weight 

I'm on phone with a technician shes saying they thinks its a network issue.... but is any other sprint user having these same problems? Phone keeps saying roaming, not roaming, wont connect to 3g now .... basically the phone is now a paper weight

Someone is forgetting a step on the list. So now your phone along with many others are getting blocked from using LTE. Lots of phones end up on 3G and data issues then start.

Once Ericsson gets the CSFB configured correctly on their launched 800LTE there it will start working again.

I'm on engineers tower on lte posting to here right now so maybe it's just an issue on just the sector that faces versabar.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The S3 isn't affected by Ericsson forgetting the CSFB patch on the new customer launched band 26 sites.  Only the newer devices that have the walmart logo feature on them. 

They don't know any better, they are rolling out things in their eyes testing with their aircards and EVO LTEs. Just keep calling in or email Dan@Sprint.com.

The S3 isn't affected by Ericsson forgetting the CSFB patch on the new customer launched band 26 sites. Only the newer devices that have the walmart logo feature on them.

Would he still have issues even set to 3g only tho?

Would he still have issues even set to 3g only tho?

Possibly since he and all the other sparky devices are on EVDO in the area now.

The site with 3G issues could also be getting the B26 upgrade right now and it is being provisioned.

It could be your phone.  I have an M8 as well and even though I am having the Band 26 issues, which are Sprint's issues, my phone is connecting to 3G just fine as well as LTE towers outside of the Band 26 ones.

It possibly is the phone. I did a profile /prl update yesterday. I than noticed my lte wasnt working in Belle Chasse. called sprint  told me they were updating the tower and that was only reason why. So on way home i noticed i wasnt getting any lte on interstate and usually i do ( i carpool so i was not driving). At the gym i think i got LTE in metairie.  But anywhere else i went the 3g just didnt seem to be connecting.  This morning I was having LTE issues again and 3g so i did a hard rest.  The phone wont connect to LTE, 3g  and it constantly  tells me its roaming. 

It possibly is the phone. I did a profile /prl update yesterday. I than noticed my lte wasnt working in Belle Chasse. called sprint  told me they were updating the tower and that was only reason why. So on way home i noticed i wasnt getting any lte on interstate and usually i do ( i carpool so i was not driving). At the gym i think i got LTE in metairie.  But anywhere else i went the 3g just didnt seem to be connecting.  This morning I was having LTE issues again and 3g so i did a hard rest.  The phone wont connect to LTE, 3g  and it constantly  tells me its roaming. 

I live in an area surrounded by b26 towers and I do notice when I head out to work my phone doesn't always connect to B25 towers without toggling Airplane Mode.

Gentlemen I went to Sprint store basically it was the network. Not getting LTE in a lot of areas but was told there upgrading towers and getting ready for Spark here in Nola.

Not really. There will not be any Spark here for quite a while.

They just use the upgrading thing anytime something is wrong. We just call it Ericsson being Ericsson and screwing stuff again.

Than he was saying whatever to shut me up. Just sensorlyed my entire trip to work and I see lot of purple but not once did I get 4 g LTE. They may be overhauling and upgrading every tower in New Orleans Metairie and west bank.

Edited by TigerNamedTony

Only thing they are getting ready is to spark is some pissed off people walking off cause of no / poor service.

Yes, rollling out another LTE band should have minimal issues with the current rolled out band, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Than he was saying whatever to shut me up. Just sensorlyed my entire trip to work and I see lot of people but not once did I get 4 g LTE. They may be overhauling and upgrading every tower in New Orleans Metairie and west bank.

Yes, many of us have heard this over and over, it's the typical excuse that the front line folks use.  Cry wolf syndrome.  I explained the reason a few post up above I believe on why.  They are rolling out 800LTE and your phone is jumping over to it.  Well Ericsson forgot the CSFB patch that allows your phone to receiving phone call setup message and text messages over LTE.  Since that patch isn't on the sites your phone basically says "Nope, I need phone calls and text."  So it jumps down to 3G mode and ignores the 1900 LTE band as well. 

Maybe they will fix it in a couple days or weeks.  It's the trials and tribulations of living in an Ericsson market that either one doesn't have the proper tools and/or didn't receive the proper training.

Than he was saying whatever to shut me up. Just sensorlyed my entire trip to work and I see lot of people but not once did I get 4 g LTE. They may be overhauling and upgrading every tower in New Orleans Metairie and west bank.

Also one other thing... for Spark (aka Band 41), they'll have to file for permits in New Orleans before they even put up any equipment.  I haven't seen that yet.