Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I gotcha buddy.I;m in no way trying to say anything I don't know about. Just when you've gotten LTE on your commute, in belle chasse at work, and in other locations your use to getting it, and now not getting it and even the 3g is kinda wonky, you just wonder whats up. . Will just wait it out I guess . Thanks 

Edited by TigerNamedTony

I gotcha buddy.I;m in no way trying to say anything I don't know about. Just when you've gotten LTE on your commute, in belle chasse at work, and in other locations your use to getting it, and now not getting it and even the 3g is kinda wonky, you just wonder whats up. . Will just wait it out I guess . Thanks

I have the same issues as you. Do yourself a favor and download Network (Philipp Mangelow) from the play store. It will get you quickly to the screen where you put your phone into LTE only mode. This will force LTE connection but disable all calls and texts. After you do this, dial ##33284# and then go to LTE Engineering. This will show you the LTE Band you are connected to. Take note of every area that you are connecting to Band 26 so you know where you will always lose the connection. Also take note of where you are connecting to Band 25 so you know where you can reconnect by toggling Airplane mode. I have done this for the past few days and have it down to a science. Or you can just do what Sprint keeps suggesting I do, put the phone into CDMA only mode... Because 3G data is so reliable here.....

I have the same issues as you. Do yourself a favor and download Network (Philipp Mangelow) from the play store. It will get you quickly to the screen where you put your phone into LTE only mode. This will force LTE connection but disable all calls and texts. After you do this, dial ##33284# and then go to LTE Engineering. This will show you the LTE Band you are connected to. Take note of every area that you are connecting to Band 26 so you know where you will always lose the connection. Also take note of where you are connecting to Band 25 so you know where you can reconnect by toggling Airplane mode. I have done this for the past few days and have it down to a science. Or you can just do what Sprint keeps suggesting I do, put the phone into CDMA only mode... Because 3G data is so reliable here.....

The New Orleans folks should coin a new term to add to the many they already did, Ericsson hoops ;)

The New Orleans folks should coin a new term to add to the many they already did, Ericsson hoops ;)

Most of my coined terms are not able to be repeated here but I have change my Email signature to include my name followed by:

Sent on the Sprint *Now Network

*Just not right now (Likely sent via WiFi or Smoke Signal)

• Like 3

Alright got new HTc One m8  I am back in Belle Chasse getting Band 25  LTE  not bad   17 Down 5 Up  my last speed test.   Was having issues in metairie/kenner with no 3g /te and constant roaming...  Went to workout in metaire where i normally get lte/ 3g  and it was not there so i'm sure its tower they are working on.  Hopefully the gym has Wi-Fi    i stream my gym music 

• Like 1

Alright got new HTc One m8 I am back in Belle Chasse getting Band 25 LTE not bad 17 Down 5 Up my last speed test. Was having issues in metairie/kenner with no 3g /te and constant roaming... Went to workout in metaire where i normally get lte/ 3g and it was not there so i'm sure its tower they are working on. Hopefully the gym has Wi-Fi i stream my gym music

Being in front of that tower helps.

Where I work at it depends on where I'm at on the property on what speeds I get. Where I'm at now I'll get 1 mb down. When I'm in the back where I see that tower I get from 15 - 20.

Sent from my Lil White Galaxy

Yup they seem to have added the necessary software patch to the active B26 towers, unfortunately my phone still seems to prefer Band 25 until it goes to about -110, only then will it switch over to Band 26.

• 1 year later...

So a year after my last post I am posting I have found a B41 site in Metairie. It was just random that I was running a Speedtest at the Mellow Mushroom on Vets when I go close to 30Mbps down and 8Mbps up. Knowing Sprint's current LTE in Nola couldn't even come close to those speeds I had to see what I was on and sure enough there was a B41 tower! Screenshot_2015-04-29-19-51-04.png

• Like 2

So a year after my last post I am posting I have found a B41 site in Metairie. It was just random that I was running a Speedtest at the Mellow Mushroom on Vets when I go close to 30Mbps down and 8Mbps up. Knowing Sprint's current LTE in Nola couldn't even come close to those speeds I had to see what I was on and sure enough there was a B41 tower! attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-04-29-19-51-04.png

Tell digiblur! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell digiblur! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wouldn't care unless it was Baton Rouge, on every site and they started infilling with new sites in between too.  And I wouldn't blame him.

He wouldn't care unless it was Baton Rouge, on every site and they started infilling with new sites in between too.  And I wouldn't blame him.

Still have my email notifications on this thread I see :)  Yes, it would take a bit of work to swing back the yellow side.  I still keep an eye on the Nextel sites around town to see if they are making a move yet.  The kicker for me is still the downtown area is a Sprint wasteland combined with the no coverage inside the house.  However I did notice they finally converted to a full build by the house instead of the LTE GMO configuration.  I didn't see any 800 signals from it yet though.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

New to the site here. Doesn't look like much has been going on around here lately.

Most members from this market has long left due to sprints network quality so thus there's little to no talk here in this thread anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...