Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Nothing new shaking anywhere in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Addis, Port Allen, Zachary, or Baker. Had a few errands and such to run today ;) . No new LTE, RRUs, or site work to be found. Someone forgot to mention to them that Christmas break is over.

Sent from my little Note2

Didn't find no new lte on in the westbesk wondering whats going on.

Dunno. Makes things real quiet. I haven't seen a change in Sensorly maps in the past two weeks or so. They either decided to start blocking the new sites or there is a problem at the 4g core preventing them from bringing new sites online here.

At least they are still doing work in the area, as the Avondale site I posted was done in the last 10 days

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Besides the one site that was recently found and it could have been done back in November for all we know, none of us have been able to find anything going on between Gonzales, BR, and surrounding cities. Last new RRU install we found was December. Two sites came online in mid Jan. 3 others were recently accepted but are not available for customer connectivity. They were also shown as speed upgrades on the Sprint.com upgrades map. The Gonzales site is still not working. We have one other set of RRUs that are not accepted yet.

At least the two sites are active here still and haven't joined the club of the others here. Kinda weird though. The site of workers actively doing things in your parts gives us hope though and is appreciated.

Part of me just wants to see a bunch of work over actual active LTE as I don't want Sprint to change their mind and do a bunch of GMO stuff due to the project getting further and further behind here each day. Kinda locks it in with RRUs in the air ;)

Well for the time being br area is screwed, just like houma. I would like to see anything done in houma at this point, but I guess it would drive me crazy to stare at upgraded panels that don't get turned on for months like the westwego one.

Well for the time being br area is screwed, just like houma. I would like to see anything done in houma at this point, but I guess it would drive me crazy to stare at upgraded panels that don't get turned on for months like the westwego one.

There is one acceptance in your area. It may not be active like the BR ones though. It was posted in the sponsor area thread.

I saw the Gibson one the other day. I rarely travel out that way now, but was debating on making a trip just to see.

I'll be out that way in a week on my way to see the in-laws.

Almost back in my stomping grounds, been driving a few hours now and hope I can help with some sites around Slidell and maybe even NOLA. Got my trusty camera and looking to do plenty of going while we are here in Slidell.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm at my dad's where I was questioning having LTE earlier in posts, and I do have LTE. Forgive me, I haven't had a chance to map nothing yet or do the eng screen, we are going to unload the van and get some rest. But tomorrow I'll do what I can in this area (he lives around the Nelson road and motel we discussed)

• Like 1

by the way, we will be all over Slidell - gauze and that area, some around pearl river, and have discussed going to the NOLA zoo but not sure on that yet.

Have you checked the thread in the sponsors area? Digi mentioned a site that may have gone live in Slidell. Maybe you will be near it but I am honestly not familiar enough with Slidell to know.

Sorry I haven't been much help, first time seeing family here in two years and we been staying busy. I did do some mapping on 11 with sensorly, and here is my eng screen while at the house. This is the Nelson road area :-/ past the Microtel.

Those are all new sites there... but remember I can't mark any of them confirmed especially with signals like that.

If you want them confirmed and marked as confirmed by you on the spreadsheet we need confirmation of at least 2 sectors, or a very good signal strength with the site visible to you. It's very simple to do actually...

http://s4gru.com/ind...0231#entry90231

I'm wondering if they unblocked the sites in BR when they fired these up. Not getting my hopes up as I'm believe they are blocking the BR sites for a while longer until work starts moving along and can fire up several at one time.

I figured the signal was a bit too weak to determine much, digi, but I did want to go ahead and post the pertinent info because I'm just not finding the time to do much on the internet /// just driving to help out (I'm having to use my GPS a good bit because things have changed since I was here last and I don't want to get lost down here...)

Last time I took a wrong turn in Slidell, it was an interstate wrong-turn, and I couldn't exit...so what happened?? I wound up having to cross the twin-span and turn around on the other side of Lake Ponchartrain because I was already past the last exit when I realized my mistake....

So I pay attention now.

I'm going to show my wife what i need from her according to your post in the LTE stuff, and she can use my phone (her GS3 isn't rooted) to get the site info/cell ID/ and GMap location data while I use her phone to do my GPS IF I need it.

I'll get back with you guys here when I get home (err, at dad's) this evening after our travels of the day.

Plug in the phone and let Sensorly eat... Map trip..start then flip over to the LTE engineering screen. You can cycle airplane mode if needed by holding down the power button. Simple. Make sure the palm swipe motion is enabled in the settings for screenshots.

Remember the serving cells are 169 apart when located on the same site.

I did some Sensorly'ing yesterday while I was alone...when I went for lunch. Still needed my GPS tho, plus it was mid-day heavy traffic + rain...but there should be some new purple where I did some points yesterday...

I need someone to take a quick look at this tower (i can see this from Nelson Rd) and see if they can tell anything about it...I'm not holding out hope for this being the tower I posted above, because of the signal being low -- or in the {fair} range. Then again, the downtilt could be set so that this is actually the tower I'm getting LTE on, and I'm just too close to it. If this is indeed the tower, I'll get better pics, and closer to it...but I can't tell. I used my nice Fuji to get these photos, but it's just in a spot where I can't take a good pic from the house.

jsod1f.jpg

2mwgf89.jpg