Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

If you do have 4G, drive around with it and map it out in your area. That way others can see where the coverage is at as well. The screenshots of the debug page are determine the exact site that you are on so we know if it is a duplicate site or not.

I put where I live on Sensorly so if its not there now, it should be whenever it updates

I'll drive around tomorrow after work to see if I get it anywhere else in the area

43 and 212 are what I got in belle chasse

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

212 - 43 = 169

169 + 212 = 381

The serving cells are spaced 169 apart on the same site (for 3 sector sites at least). So 43, 212, and 381 all belong to your Belle Chasse site. Generally the alpha sector is northern, then beta is the next clockwise, then gamma is the 3rd sector. And since you know the location of that one along with your other Sprint sites you can understand why the signal is weak in your area.

Just picked up on the 169 thing. If that tower is hitting Whitney with any signal what so ever, that's nothing short of incredible. That's great, but at the same time sucks because I thought the Westbank had a new tower active lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

on the sensorly map im seeing a purple dot on the corner of rampart and poydras, but im here now and not picking up anything. was that anyone here?

...and I'm looking out my window and I see this odd fellow walking around aimlessly in the intersection holding what looks like a wireless phone up high in the air. Is that you :)

...and I'm looking out my window and I see this odd fellow walking around aimlessly in the intersection holding what looks like a wireless phone up high in the air. Is that you :)

lol no, im sitting inside my office building

That may have been me playing Ingress on my walk to work... There are a few Portals near Poydras and Loyola.

Vive la Resistance!

• Like 1

Just a note, the purple signal up Gentilly Blvd across the industrial canal onto Chef is from146. That big blob of dark purple at Louisa and Chef is not real (or at least wasn't on that strong yesterday). I picked up a surprise signal at Elysian Fields and Gentilly, and again at Gentilly and Broad. I wasn't able to pull up the LTE engineering (damn non-self-driving car) to see what site..but it seems kind of far to be 146.

I also drove up Canal and lost signal before Bourbon..but I think with the averaging it's starting to step on that falsely strong mapping of dark purple that far from the river. As it was bugging me, I also filled in some of that hole in Woldenberg park near the Aquarium.

Had Sensorly going on Poydras toward the river starting from Broadmoor, but didn't pick up anything until around Camp. Much like my plots at the Court (and all that stuff on I-10), elevation counts.

Christ, I'm a nerd.

Someone in NOLA is a Sensorly polluter. If it's a S4GRU member, please stop. Some Custom ROMs, especially on the GNex, falsely report strong LTE signals to Sensorly.

We keep getting really strong Sensorly reports that are actually inaccurate. S4GRU members, please watch your Sensorly trails and confirm they are graduating. If you always create dark purple trails every time you go into a new area, then you're the culprit.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I'm curious to see if someone can disprove this theory, haven't had a chance to look at any new Sensorly data today:

Looky what I found on Japonica St near St. Claude. First pic is tower, Second is Engineering screen on Florida and Third is Screen on Japonica. Speeds were OK, between 2-4 mbps and 12-14mbps depending on area with best speeds being on the bridge on St Claude. Also interestingly the serving Cells are 2 apart on last digit. Perhaps hex ids have the last digit in increments of 2?

• Like 1

Do you think the purple over the spillway is polluted too? I can't get anything over the spillway trying a couple different phones. imo that stretch of purple is really misleading (unless it is just me but there really hasn't been a tower confirmed that would reach this area I don't think).

Great find. I figured it had to be one of the two. I was leaning more toward the one you found based on the signals we were all getting, but they are so close it could have been either one. Well, now I can make different plans for this evening! Hopefully the visibly-completed sites get switches flipped on this week, and we can have a sea of purple on the map.

Do you think the purple over the spillway is polluted too? I can't get anything over the spillway trying a couple different phones. imo that stretch of purple is really misleading (unless it is just me but there really hasn't been a tower confirmed that would reach this area I don't think).

I really believe that purple is all coming from that one site in Metairie that is live. Not really polluting, but misleading for sure. That is why I wanted to Sensorly off when I was walking to the car yesterday, at Poydras and Loyola. I forgot to, and we ended up with a purple dot from the one tower just discovered, which is quite a distance away. Misleading because it is not usable there.

At least we are able to tell, from the few sites that are on, the actual extent of site coverage/signal from a radio perspective.

I really believe that purple is all coming from that one site in Metairie that is live. Not really polluting, but misleading for sure. That is why I wanted to Sensorly off when I was walking to the car yesterday, at Poydras and Loyola. I forgot to, and we ended up with a purple dot from the one tower just discovered, which is quite a distance away. Misleading because it is not usable there.

At lease we are able to tell, from the few sites that are on, the actual extent of site coverage/signal from a radio perspective.

I thought we figured out that the strip of purple at the Spillway was coming from the North on 55? These signals love open space and water to travel over.