Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Those locations aren't Sprint sites. Become a sponsor and you'll have access to the maps of Sprint sites plus we are collectively keeping a spreadsheet of all the sites we find work at and sites that are broadcasting LTE. As of now the only real close site to your area is in Belle Chasse by the Naval Air Station, it can clearly be seen on Sensorly. Your S3 may say 4G at the top but remember, when connected to 4G those signal bars are for your 1X voice/sms connection and at this time could very easily be a different site.

Welcome to the clan of Sensorly addicts and help mapping out the area looking for active LTE sites is much appreciated!

Well looks like I was way off then.

I did however do some map logs today. I visited all the purple areas in the harvey area. Not once did I pick up any lte. I'm still in the learning stages though. I did cycle airplane mode on and off trying to connect and got nothing. I will be working in downtown nola in a couple hours and I will try some known areas so I can make sure its not just me (which it most likely is haha)

Edited by hvfc6040

Those locations aren't Sprint sites.

Seems you are right about the site on Harvey and Manhattan. I thought that one was,but looking at the map,it isnt there.Ill pass back this week and take a better look,but ill be damned if that didnt look like NV gear up there,and I know the difference between AT&T gear and ours. Is anyone else using 4RRus on the back of a panel like Sprint is?

Seems you are right about the site on Harvey and Manhattan. I thought that one was,but looking at the map,it isnt there.Ill pass back this week and take a better look,but ill be damned if that didnt look like NV gear up there,and I know the difference between AT&T gear and ours. Is anyone else using 4RRus on the back of a panel like Sprint is?

No, but wait..you might be right. There was an error on the map in that are and that might be the one. Let me take a look...

I have a pic of the tower from that site, unfortunately I cant upload cause the file is too big. The reason I thought it was sprint is because the signal strength on sensorly was strongest right at that tower, and I know for a fact that sprint does have equipment in/on this tower. howehowever like I stated earlier I am probably way off on my thinking process.

I looked at that one site on Manhattan behind the fire station and that just doesn't look like Sprint panels to me.

The one on 8th could pass, but it is way to close to the other site near there.

Sorry man,Just information overload over the last two days.Im refering to the site on Harvey and engineers rd. It has NV gear up.

Also,on the Lapalco site between manhattan and the lapalco bridge,I could only glance,but I SWEAR I saw a more rectangular panel on there with the RRUs attatched to the back.Anyone witness something like this? Ill try to grab pics if I can sneak out later.

Just saw work being done on a tower behind the Exxon at the intersection of W. Esplanade and Williams Blvd. in Kenner. Supprised to see tower work going on with the bad weather we have been having.

Edited by Chiro2Go
  • Like 1

I just meant the intensity of the purple. I guess if they were up at the top of a cruise ship they would get a good signal but the cruise ships do go up the middle.

Usually a polluter just hangs with the solid purple.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Yay, sensorly is working for me. I mapped 4G on top of the expressway, kinda shocked it reached that far

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome. Rain has stopped and it's time for them to rock and roll again. We are bored and have figured out all the sites ;)

FYI to anyone driving around to stay away from the Japonica tower area. Just got this e-Alert: NOPD IS REPORTING THAT A TANKER TRUCK, CONTAINING OVER 9000 GALLONS OF GAS, IS ON FIRE NEAR CLAIBORNE & POLAND, AND MAY SOON EXPLODE. NOFD IS EN ROUTE, AND NOPD IS TRYING TO EVACUATE THE AREA. PLEASE STAY AWAY! IF IN AREA, YOU MAY WISH TO MOVE TO AN INTERIOR WALL, AND AWAY FROM WINDOWS. YOU MAY WISH TO PREPARE FOR AN EXPLOSION. !eAlert

Yea cars and tankers,etc only blow up in the movies. No Bruce Willis around here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yep.. They just burn really good with lots of fuel to feed it. Nice black smoke.

I wouldn't say a polluter as the signal degrades as it leaves. Possibly someone on a cruise ship there. But I thought they passed under the middle of the bridge.

They can't fit under the bridge (at least Carnival can't), so they stay on one side, make a three point turn and head out.

Edited by Dem_Bone

They can't fit under the bridge (at least Carnival can't), so they stay on one side, make a three point turn and head out.

Yeah that's what I figured. Had my drink on by the time we always left the dock.