Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Something else I do is change my setting on Sensorly to only upload on wifi. This makes the data not get used and leaves it idle to step up to 4g.

After I am done and hit stop trip I go in and let it upload on the cell data. Just don't forget to do this as I went to the details screen and saw I had 700 points to upload and had an instant doh! Moment. At least it was only new 3G data points.

On a side note I did like the LTE data numbers it gives on the details screen while connected. Wish it could snag the serving cell ID and attach it to the data so we could see where the signal came from.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Did you check tonight? Been hearing about spots coming online all day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I live less than a mile away from there and im not getting any LTE if the signal was to be as strong as sensorily show i would be getting really good signal but im not. and i dont think there are any upgraded towers in that area.

Strange....I also had a good lte signal on the high rise yesterday. I wonder where its coming from

Snag the Serving Cell ID screenshot like I was pointing out in this thread earlier. We can try to match it up with others once more and more of those screenshots with confirmed sites get turned in. It's going to be the only way.

Does someone know what happens if you were near a tower and they hit the switch to turn on lte and the 3g upgrade.Would your 3g bars and signal jus get better instantly or would it take a few minutes.

I'm actually getting weak 4G at my desk and in very specific spots around the building. While it's the same site I was pulling signal off of on Friday, I wasn't getting any of it in my office then. Speed tests are around the 1.5mbps range.

I'll go walk down to Canal at some point today to see if I can get some of that signal as well.

Is that still from the same serving cell ID that was found earlier?

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Yeah that is the same serving cell as the Purple around the River. Muskratt sent me both LTE Engineering screen shots. The most recent one in his office was at -115dbm.

Yeah that is the same serving cell as the Purple around the River. Muskratt sent me both LTE Engineering screen shots. The most recent one in his office was at -115dbm.

Just got back from Canal and was getting -115 or worse from St. Charles to Magazine (getting stronger going toward river). It only really picked up 4G while I was on the "American" side of Canal, line-of-signt to the ferry terminal. Will try going farther up, but that strong purple ain't dere no more. Carried it weakly until I got to Chartres and Iberville.

So who's brave enough to go find it? It's going to be 484, 315, or 146.

And just an FYI we are still missing quite a few LTE serving cell IDs. Madisonville, Maurepas site, Old Six Flags, and Belle Chasse Naval. The only site I have both LTE sector ID types for is the Metairie Site.

Just got back from Canal and was getting -115 or worse from St. Charles to Magazine (getting stronger going toward river). It only really picked up 4G while I was on the "American" side of Canal, line-of-signt to the ferry terminal. Will try going farther up, but that strong purple ain't dere no more. Carried it weakly until I got to Chartres and Iberville.

And from the Dev at Sensorly if multiple reports come in from the same area, the system will average them out. So the more people that map the area that might be incorrect the better.

Not sure if everyone knows but with Sensorly, make sure you check your Details screen in Sensorly and your points upload before closing the app otherwise they will just sit on your phone.

And from the Dev at Sensorly if multiple reports come in from the same area, the system will average them out. So the more people that map the area that might be incorrect the better.

Not sure if everyone knows but with Sensorly, make sure you check your Details screen in Sensorly and your points upload before closing the app otherwise they will just sit on your phone.

It's apparently doing that right now, and averaging out my recent Canal travels. Still 484, and crazy weak. Just sent another couple hundred, including Dauphine and Canal, so those should be up soon.

A problem I see, however, is that it's so hard to get a signal on Canal, it's hard to get data to average against that "strong signal."

Edited by jmuskratt